Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt vs hazard
Does hazard have a chance in this game?
Lol. Do they have a chance? Very very funny. Just as much talent as anyone in the region. May not have a 6’8 dunking machine but he won’t be dunking when he’s getting pushed around.
(01-08-2022, 11:21 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Lol.  Do they have a chance?  Very very funny.  Just as much talent as anyone in the region.  May not have a 6’8 dunking machine but he won’t be dunking when he’s getting pushed around.
I think Breathitt is 10 plus points better, but just wondering if hazard has a legitimate shot at the upset, I don’t think they can beat Breathitt myself
Hazards kids have been beating the same Breathitt kids for a long long time. I know Breathitts kids are huge but Hazards kids all have basketball pedigrees. All them have been playing high level basketball a long long time. Should be interesting game. I think Hazard has a lot more room for improvement by the end of the season when some teams may fizzle out. But anyway it will be a great game to watch.
If you don’t think hazard can win apparently you didn’t watch the Leslie game tonight
(01-09-2022, 12:13 AM)BB jones Wrote: If you don’t think hazard can win apparently you didn’t watch the Leslie game tonight
That’s a good point lol
I think Breathitt could be a little tired and not mentally focused right now. They have played a lot of games the past few days.
Breathitt should win but Hazard looked pretty good yesterday vs Wolfe. Al Holland directed teams can never be underestimated.
Al Holland coaches like Coaches used to do. Not many coaches left. Most schools just get coaches to keep the parents happy by letting their kids play. Not many schools in the region are about winning.
Breathitt is a horribly coached team. I’m sorry, but that is the truth. They have thirty points a game more talent than any team in the mountains.
That was an unusual game today. Kind of like watching summer ball. Breathitt had a big lead but kept pumping up bad shots that weren’t needed and Hazard cut into their lead. Cut a 14 point lead to 6. There’s a time to run and gun and there’s a time to slow the Big Cats down a little and run some time off the clock.
The Bobcats have a lot of talent but sometimes play too fast. I think they had over 20 turnovers today.
(01-09-2022, 08:16 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: That was an unusual  game today. Kind of like watching summer ball. Breathitt had a big lead but kept pumping up bad shots that weren’t needed and Hazard cut into their lead. Cut a 14 point lead to 6. There’s a time to run and gun and there’s a time to slow the Big Cats  down a little and run some time off the clock.
The Bobcats have a lot of talent but sometimes play too fast. I think they had over 20 turnovers today.
Had 11 turnovers in the 4th quarter alone.
(01-09-2022, 07:42 PM)wannacat Wrote: Breathitt is a horribly coached team.  I’m sorry,  but that is the truth.  They have thirty points a game more talent than any team in the mountains.

That’s funny
[-] The following 1 user Likes griffman's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
3 point shooting was the difference in the game in my opinion. Breathitt shot it well and not so much for Hazard. Too many good looks for good shooters for Breathitt to give Hazard a real chance in this one.
(01-10-2022, 06:59 AM)Huck Fin Wrote: 3 point shooting was the difference in the game in my opinion. Breathitt shot it well and not so much for Hazard. Too many good looks for good shooters for Breathitt to give Hazard a real chance in this one.
First half of the third quarter was the difference for sure. Combs I believe hit what 4 threes in that span.
(01-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 06:59 AM)Huck Fin Wrote: 3 point shooting was the difference in the game in my opinion. Breathitt shot it well and not so much for Hazard. Too many good looks for good shooters for Breathitt to give Hazard a real chance in this one.
First half of the third quarter was the difference for sure. Combs I believe hit what 4 threes in that span.
Andrew Combs came off the bench and gave Breathitt a double digit lead in that quarter and it happened pretty fast. He made four 3 pointers in a short span of time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bluecat
(01-09-2022, 08:46 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:16 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: That was an unusual  game today. Kind of like watching summer ball. Breathitt had a big lead but kept pumping up bad shots that weren’t needed and Hazard cut into their lead. Cut a 14 point lead to 6. There’s a time to run and gun and there’s a time to slow the Big Cats  down a little and run some time off the clock.
Had 11 turnovers in the 4th quarter alone.
Actually had 6 in fourth quarter and Sperry being out 2nd half with an injury probably contributed to that as he's one of their ball handlers.
Breathitt controlled the entire second half, until the last couple of minutes, when the game was already decided. If Breathitt can cut down on their turnovers, they would be the overwhelming favorite to win the region. If they continue to be sloppy with the basketball, Perry Central will be tough to beat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion