Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central hires Corbin Assistant Bucker as new Head Coach
Knox Central hires Dustin Buckner as new head football coach (wymt.com) I would like to congratulate coach Buckner on his journey as the new Head Coach of Knox Central. This is a very good hire for Knox Central as many has already said. Bossdaddy was 100% correct on his prediction in this one like he is in other comments about current situations around the area. Keep them coming Bossdaddy! 

Thoughts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(01-03-2022, 04:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Knox Central hires Dustin Buckner as new head football coach (wymt.com) I would like to congratulate coach Buckner on his journey as the new Head Coach of Knox Central. This is a very good hire for Knox Central as many has already said. Bossdaddy was 100% correct on his prediction in this one like he is in other comments about current situations around the area. Keep them coming Bossdaddy! 

Thoughts?
What players goes with Buckner. THE most liked and respected coach on Corbins staff. Pull out the ole crystal ball and fill us in.
Congratulations Coach Buckner can’t wait to see Knox new offense!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Is this Buckners first head coaching job? Where did he play ball in highschool or college? Wish him all the luck I know hes very well liked by the players and staff. Seems like he will be a player's coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HOFER's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(01-03-2022, 06:51 PM)HOFER Wrote: Is this Buckners first head coaching job? Where did he play ball in highschool or college? Wish him all the luck I know hes very well liked by the players and staff. Seems like he will be a player's coach.

No. He is a fine young man and quality coach from Jellico Smile . He coached all grades at Jellico. He was head coach at Jellico High School for a while, He played and coached at University of the Cumberlands, he was defensive backs coach at South Laurel and a Corbin assistant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
I remember when he took over as Jellico coach. He wasn't there long , but they played like a completely different team when he was there. He's really a quality coach.
(01-03-2022, 05:02 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 04:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Knox Central hires Dustin Buckner as new head football coach (wymt.com) I would like to congratulate coach Buckner on his journey as the new Head Coach of Knox Central. This is a very good hire for Knox Central as many has already said. Bossdaddy was 100% correct on his prediction in this one like he is in other comments about current situations around the area. Keep them coming Bossdaddy! 

Thoughts?
What players goes with Buckner. THE most liked and respected coach on Corbins staff. Pull out the ole crystal ball and fill us in.

tighten your suspenders while doing the macarena.
(01-03-2022, 07:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Thoughts?

Big Grin  I wanna see you doin some line dancing in your Christmas present…

Congrats to Coach Buckner as hard as that is for me to type, I really hate to see him leave…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(01-03-2022, 07:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 07:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Thoughts?

Big Grin  I wanna see you doin some line dancing in your Christmas present…

Congrats to Coach Buckner as hard as that is for me to type, I really hate to see him leave…
He is probably my cousin. I need to see his family tree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Great Hire...Congrats to him and the program!
The demise of Corbin football continues. Smart move to get out while he can! Congrats young man.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Gitback Coach
The Corbin folks on here crack me up on the basketball threads they are lecturing the Clay County people about their feelings on the basketball coach then coming on football and acting the exact same way.
Corbin is loaded with highly educated people.
I have stated numerous times what a great hire he would be and is. He will draw kids out of the hallways and from surrounding areas to play. He will out work them in the weight room and coach them at a high level fun atmosphere they will relate to. Knox has hit a homerun with Buckner, congrats buddy glad to see it worked out for you. Ledford isn’t afraid to make a splash with hiring good people, he is strong academically and is a fan of sports himself. He is a competitor and Buckner is a good fit for his style, so Buckner will have all the support he needs to have a successful program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(01-04-2022, 07:41 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I have stated numerous times what a great hire he would be and is. He will draw kids out of the hallways and from surrounding areas to play. He will out work them in the weight room and coach them at a high level fun atmosphere they will relate to. Knox has hit a homerun with Buckner, congrats buddy glad to see it worked out for you. Ledford isn’t afraid to make a splash with hiring good people, he is strong academically and is a fan of sports himself. He is a competitor and Buckner is a good fit for his style, so Buckner will have all the support he needs to have a successful program.

I have also spoke with several Knox boosters and they are all in with supporting Buckner, if your listening ole buddy you have a blank check. No more scrounging to raise money, the check is ready.
How much does knox pay for a coach and Ive always heard anyone that left Corbin took a pay cut because they paid so well. Maybe a pay cut is worth getting out of corbin
(01-09-2022, 12:38 PM)Fan of many Wrote: How much does knox pay for a coach and Ive always heard anyone that left Corbin took a pay cut because they paid so well. Maybe a pay cut is worth getting out of corbin

Buckner probably could have stayed at Corbin for as long as he wanted to. He was well liked. Corbin is second to none in facilities and football atmospere. I think he was just ready to move on up. Good coaches with high ambitions don't always want to in waiting. I think Knox did a great thing by hiring him. Give him a little while and I think he will do great.
(01-09-2022, 01:05 PM)HBull got out! Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:38 PM)Fan of many Wrote: How much does knox pay for a coach and Ive always heard anyone that left Corbin took a pay cut because they paid so well. Maybe a pay cut is worth getting out of corbin

Buckner probably could have stayed at Corbin for as long as he wanted to. He was well liked. Corbin is second to none in facilities and football atmospere. I think he was just ready to move on up. Good coaches with high ambitions don't always want to in waiting. I think Knox did a great thing by hiring him. Give him a little while and I think he will do great.
I agree 100%, it may be sooner than later that Buckner gets this group contenders for district. Corbin won’t take KC lightly as in years past. I can see a few kids who stand on a 80 plus player sideline choosing to move on to KC where they will get that opportunity to play. Buckner knows Corbins defense weakness and he will exploit it.
Good luck to Buckner and the Panthers.  I hope they have a lot of success in the coming years and that KC can get back to the level they were playing at a few seasons ago.
When can someone write a check for a Clay Co basketball coach?? :)
(01-11-2022, 03:19 PM)nedreader Wrote: When can someone write a check for a Clay Co basketball coach?? Smile

When the Clay County Illuminati gets interested in Sports again lol. They got the money.
He may be all that and a bag of chips, but he don’t seem like a very exciting hire. Not a proven winning coach in Kentucky.
I’d say he will do just fine.
There goes all of our WR coaching. But in all honesty it really doesn’t even matter at this point. Anyone with any young blood is gone, kids don’t wanna play for the old school coach that plays politics ans don’t listen to players. Eventually Corbin BoE will figure that out. Until then, not even worth getting hopes up
(01-22-2022, 04:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote: There goes all of our WR coaching. But in all honesty it really doesn’t even matter at this point. Anyone with any young blood is gone, kids don’t wanna play for the old school coach that plays politics ans don’t listen to players. Eventually Corbin BoE will figure that out. Until then, not even worth getting hopes up

Fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gitback Coach
Coach Buckner has added a couple of former University of the Cumberlands assistant coaches to his staff. Both are young (actually brothers) and will be great assets to what Buckner is trying to do at Knox.
(01-04-2022, 12:20 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: The Corbin folks on here crack me up on the basketball threads they are lecturing the Clay County people about their feelings on the basketball coach then coming on football and acting the exact same way.

No, not lecturing. Just saying that Coach Gray is a good basketball coach and the Corbin football coaches are not good.
(01-26-2022, 01:50 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Coach Buckner has added a couple of former University of the Cumberlands assistant coaches to his staff. Both are young (actually brothers) and will be great assets to what Buckner is trying to do at Knox.

I agree! I wonder if Buckner is keeping any of the current staff of Knox Central? How about the old Jackson County coach, is he staying or going somewhere else?
(02-10-2022, 03:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 01:50 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Coach Buckner has added a couple of former University of the Cumberlands assistant coaches to his staff. Both are young (actually brothers) and will be great assets to what Buckner is trying to do at Knox.

I agree! I wonder if Buckner is keeping any of the current staff of Knox Central? How about the old Jackson County coach, is he staying or going somewhere else?

Old Jackson coach is at Southwestern doing DL.
Man, do the coaches move around. Thanks for the update. I am keeping a eye on this Knox Team now that Buckner is there. I see where Clay County is the first contest at Knox Central.