Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
69.23%
Glasgow
30.77%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Paducah Tilghman @ Glasgow 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
Paducah Tilghman vs Glasgow

Paducah Tilghman (7-6)
Aug 21, 21 McCracken County away (W) 35 - 27 
Aug 27, 21 Graves County away (L) 34 - 41 
Sep 3, 21 Mayfield home (L) 28 - 42 
Sep 10, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 N/A home (L) 0 - 1 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy (vs. South Warren)
Sep 24, 21 Henderson County away (L) 0 - 20 
Oct 1, 21 Trigg County away (W) 49 - 18 
Oct 8, 21 Henry County (Paris), TN home (W) 28 - 14 
Oct 15, 21 Union County home (L) 19 - 21 
Oct 22, 21 Webster County away (W) 70 - 0 
Oct 29, 21 Hopkinsville away (L) 6 - 34 
Nov 5, 21 Trigg County home (W) 55 - 22  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Union County away (W) 31 - 28  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Christian Academy-Louisville away (W) 41 - 34  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Glasgow (12-1)
Aug 20, 21 Woodford County home (L) 0 - 56 Don Franklin Scottie Bowl 
Aug 27, 21 Russellville away (W) 49 - 35 
Sep 3, 21 Monroe County home (W) 49 - 8 
Sep 9, 21 Allen County-Scottsville away (W) 42 - 13 
Sep 17, 21 Hart County home (W) 57 - 14 
Sep 24, 21 Greenwood away (W) 37 - 16 
Oct 1, 21 Adair County away (W) 32 - 12 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Taylor County home (W) 31 - 20 
Oct 22, 21 Casey County away (W) 28 - 13 
Oct 29, 21 Franklin-Simpson home (W) 21 - 14 
Nov 5, 21 Hart County home (W) 42 - 13 Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Taylor County home (W) 48 - 13  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Bardstown home (W) 48 - 42  Class 3A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Good luck to both teams!
Thoughts?
That was an impressive win by PT over CAL this past Friday. That made me a believer. I'll take the Tornadoes, 51-45
Tilghman stayed under the radar all year because of Covid-19 and injuries. Maybe that's not a bad thing. The story line now is hungry kids with nothing to lose that have finally jelled with a new head coach and found their own identity. There are some athletes here who have blistering speed. Jack James has continued to grow into the QB role and is now third in 3A passing stats. My prediction PT 35, Glasgow 28 but who really knows. Both teams are coming off hard games. Glasgow struggled with Bardstown as did PT with CAL  Glasgow favors a ground attack and PT will mix it up more averaging 204 yards a game passing but also is blessed with three solid running backs. If PT is injury free, it could be a task to cover all their threats. Both schools have played solid schedules. Their opponents' won loss record: Glasgow 99-53, PT 87-57.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tica's post:
  • #55PirateFan
PT storming it’s way to Kroger field
From watching the game Friday and though the score doesn’t reflect it, PT was so much better than Cal! PT is now healthy football team, With a star sophomore QB that is coming into his own and will be a huge star in the years to come.. My prediction, PT 35 GHS 21.
Not saying PT can't win, but they'll probably need to duplicate all the intangibles that went their way against CAL (high turnover differential, recovered onside kick).
Unless PT loads the box, Glasgow should have more success running the ball than CAL. That 6'3" 225 lb RB for the Scotties is a dude.
On the flip side, Glasgow had trouble with Russellville's speed and Bardstown was the only real passing team they faced.
(11-21-2021, 07:56 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Not saying PT can't win, but they'll probably need to duplicate all the intangibles that went their way against CAL (high turnover differential, recovered onside kick).
Unless PT loads the box, Glasgow should have more success running the ball than CAL. That 6'3" 225 lb RB for the Scotties is a dude.
On the flip side, Glasgow had trouble with Russellville's speed and Bardstown was the only real passing team they faced.

All good points -the generic facts are at this point of the playoffs there are no "ducks" left out there.
Everyone got to this point from quality play, and this matchup stems from two teams beating their assumed favorites.
It should be a good matchup, and I believe it could come down to one turnover or some other intangible that flips the tide in this one.
If you've never been there, Glasgow is an outstanding venue to take in a game. They do the whole Scottish deal and it's pretty awesome.
yeah and their fans are among some of the most abusive I've ever seen at a high school game. Why the administration let home fans go behind the visitors to curse and berate a visiting opponent is beyond me. They don't even have bleachers on the visiting side which means those cowards do that to the other team without visiting fans to oppose them. Gonna get bad some day. Hope PT smashes them.
If you recall the PT 2009 season - everything that could have gone wrong did. PT still found people who stepped up. After what some of these kids live through on a daily basis - I doubt anybody yelling at them is really going to make a ripple tho it reflects poorly on the people doing it and the school officials that allow it. PT has lost its share of heartbreak playoff games since then. Time to change the trend with what may be the most improbable and underestimated roster since 2009. Good luck to everyone who has worked hard all year to be on the field Friday.
As far as fans on the opposing side of the field most are from the visiting team as there are some small bleachers on that side. As with any game there’s gonna be some loud mouth fans but for the most part our fans are pretty well behaved. I hope everyone thinks that Glasgow will get smashed as you do we’ll just keep our mouths shut and play football. We have a good team that’s had a lot of injuries and it’s next man up. We weren’t supposed to beat Taylor Co or Bardstown and most are picking PT to win game as well. Win or lose these kids should be proud of themselves
One question. Did CAL pay for PT's new helmets with their "unlimited resources"? If so, that sure was nice of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • truebluefan89
(11-22-2021, 09:04 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: One question. Did CAL pay for PT's new helmets with their "unlimited resources"? If so, that sure was nice of them.

Obviously the side bet paid off-
[-] The following 1 user Likes truebluefan89's post:
  • Glory_Days
I do not think most people are picking PT to win. Glasgow is 12-1 for a reason.
I’m glad everyone’s picking PT to win and they may do it but Glasgow has lost two of their fastest players in Hunter Scott and Jay Long to broken legs, one of their biggest lineman last week and several kids have missed multiple games this yr for various reasons. We have that next man up mentality and just go out and play. Nobody expected us to win the last two weeks and we found a way. Either way win or lose this community is proud of them and hopefully we will be in Lexington next week
Anyone know of a stream for this game?
Glasgow won’t be live streaming it
I’m hoping that PT and Mayfield get to watch each other’s game next week in Lexington.
Game Day!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • truebluefan89
(11-21-2021, 07:56 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Not saying PT can't win, but they'll probably need to duplicate all the intangibles that went their way against CAL (high turnover differential, recovered onside kick).

I do not think Tighlman's team speed is comparable to Russellville as a whole.  However, I think the key is to keep Malachi Rider in control and in check and wear him down, as I do not think PT has another back that can fill his void.  Then make it a passing game.
To focus solely on Rider would be an error - and to think he's the only RB to ponder - is another error. Marshall, Starks, and Brian Thomas are also on the field besides Rider. Any one of them just needs a step. PT has speed most other teams do not have. They have not always had the discipline and mental toughness to go with the speed like Mayfield always has , but this team has as much speed as I can recall seeing in several years. It's not just speed, it's what you are able to do with the opportunities you are given on the field which is different from a track meet. Big fast backs have caused issues for PT this year so this should be two pretty evenly matched teams.

PT's radio broadcasts are live streamed here: https://v7player.wostreaming.net/1046
[-] The following 2 users Like Tica's post:
  • nemo, truebluefan89
I hope they can run in the mud because the field will not be what their used too. After they warm up the field will be chopped up and continue to get worse as the game goes along. With that being said good luck and I hope for a good game
Just a general notice- my FB page has been advertising several different live streams of the game- but they all look sketchy and Gtownfan said they do not stream
Marshall, Starks, and Thomas aren't RBs. They get carries on jet sweeps and such..... outstanding runners in open space but not the same type of RB as Rider. The senior DiAvian Bradley can run between the tackles.
PT marches the opening drive down the field and with a long touchdown reception to Thomas goes up 7-0

Muddy, slippery field, Glasgow marching. Down their own 24

Glasgow answers 7-7 4:59 in the 1st

Scotts force PT to punt to the 20 yard line.
Glasgow switching QBs around

PT forces a 3 and out PT takes over at the 36

PT QB Jack James calls his own number and runs 15 yards untouched for the TD
Extra point blocked
PT 13-7

13-7 after 1

PT takes over at the glasgow 15

PT marching with a good mix of passes and runs

A low snap forces a 4th and 5
PT pass is short by a foot- turnover on downs
6:25 in the half

Glasgow converts on a 4th and 1 on their own 47
5 minutes

PT takes over with 2:30 left in the half

PT drive stutters and after a bad punt Glasgow takes over at the PT 41

PT comes up with some big stops
Halftime PT up 13-7
[-] The following 1 user Likes truebluefan89's post:
  • 64SUR
PT has played surprisingly tough on D. Glasgow has issues picking up rushes. Need to stop offensive mistakes and just execute. Still eminently winnable by either side.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tica's post:
  • 64SUR
PT starts with an onside kick and recovers at Glasgows 48

Rider with a 25 yard pickup

Rider Carries the ball in for the TD
2 Point conversion short
19-7 PT
10:20 3rd

Glasgow fumbles but recovers

Glasgow grinding their way down the field
Keep them coming trublue.. no way to watch or listen.. lets go pt
Glasgow scores