Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 42 Lincoln County 21
Final.
Way to go Redhounds.
How many points scored by Corbin and JC next week?
Congrats Corbin!!!
Congratulations Redhounds!!
Credit Lincoln. They never laid down. Someone laughed about 4 weeks ago when I said that LC had 2 players that could start anywhere. Clayton Davis is just a beast. Someone in the stands said he just became all time points leader at LC. The kid could start WR at any school in Kentucky. I don’t doubt that one bit.

Not gonna lie. A little too tipsy to type haha. But my thoughts……

Offense looked good. But can still do better. But I don’t think that’s the kids fault. You can wait until the last 3 games of the year to start throwing it long. Takes reps and timing. I know it’s hard to complain when this is the first time you’ve seen our Punter is a month haha. But they could tighten up some throwing it. But they still done a very good job doing it. Huff was a beast. No surprise. You could type a whole page about that kid and how hard he plays.

Defense… I was actually happy tonight. Might have been the vodka?? But I thought our D done a pretty good job. There were a couple plays where we broke down. You keep tight on coverage and this game would have been 42-7. But any team, any game can say that as well. But there were some holes in coverage on key plays that LC did a good job of hiding. Outside of those few plays, I thought we looked good. Lingmore did a good job covering, except one play were Davis just went up and got it. Wells did a good job ad well. Siever had a great Game. Couple lsacks that killed momentum. But overall a good job in my opinion. You’re not gonna stop Davis. Amon and Horton, I thought we did good shutting them down.

I don’t know If it’s me, but when we get up 14-21 points we play like mark stoops is coaching. Instead of sticking the dagger all the way through, we just wiggle it around and wait for them to bleed to death. I get you have to be more conservative with the lead, but that let them right back in it as well. We do a good job on clock/game management, but you still have to be a little more aggressive when you play that way. Or Atlesr n my opinion.

I thought I would get there early and find a good seat. Wasn’t as big of a turn out as i expected. The ones there made up for it though. I’m imagining next week you’ll have to park on I-75. Which shouldn’t be a problem since it’s at a standstill anyways. But we escaped with no injuries. Looked good. And moved on. Congrats LC on a good season and game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • nemo
Congratulations to our boys on winning the District tonight and to play on for another day. Lincoln County sure made leaps and bounds from the beginning of the season till the end of it. They never fail to bring there best to us. Theres some good things I am going to take from this game..........The best is yet to come!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(11-13-2021, 01:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Congratulations to our boys on winning the District tonight and to play on for another day. Lincoln County sure made leaps and bounds from the beginning of the season till the end of it. They never fail to bring there best to us. Theres some good things I am going to take from this game..........The best is yet to come!
Plenty of good!! Hopefully we’ll be 100% by next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Congratulations to Corbin. Win and advance. Playoff football !
As Hound05 said, Clayton Davis could start and be a standout for any school in the state. TREMENDOUS athlete and tough as nails. Loved watching him play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • BEChargers
Corbin won. They didn't lose. Lincoln County is a way better team than some think when they have everybody playing.
I will say that a win is a win, regardless of how you got it or how ugly it was. We have a lot of growing to do and have to do it in a short window because we are now 13 weeks into a season and haven’t made any adjustments. Good luck and Go Hounds.
(11-13-2021, 01:44 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I will say that a win is a win, regardless of how you got it or how ugly it was.  We have a lot of growing to do and have to do it in a short window because we are now 13 weeks into a season and haven’t made any adjustments.  Good luck and Go Hounds.
A lot of growing in a short amount of time won’t get much changed in a week if you’ve had 12 to get ready for this game
Good ball game overall. Congrats to Corbin! Also, Congrats to Lincoln County on the way they finished their season! They improved all season and last night they impressed me even more than they did the first matchup. Corbin got the lead early and was able to manage from there out, but Lincoln played well. A lot of star power on the field from both sides!
(11-13-2021, 01:44 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I will say that a win is a win, regardless of how you got it or how ugly it was.  We have a lot of growing to do and have to do it in a short window because we are now 13 weeks into a season and haven’t made any adjustments.  Good luck and Go Hounds.

If adjustments haven't been made in 13 weeks, they ain't gonna be made. Unless, of course, this staff has been playing a game of possum all season in preparation of games 13, 14, and 15. Do we see something significantly different starting next week? I doubt it but we can hope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Corbin gave up 21 to Lincoln County?! Will need to play better than that to beat JC,Boyle or Fanklin County. In all fairness, not sure it matters because Boyle is playing at such a high level right now; could be top 3 in state regardless of class.
(11-16-2021, 10:48 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Corbin gave up 21 to Lincoln County?! Will need to play better than that to beat JC,Boyle or Fanklin County. In all fairness,  not sure it matters because Boyle is playing at such a high level right now; could be top 3 in state regardless of class.

I think all of this is very true.  Except I haven't heard anything about Fankin County. Are they good?   lol
(11-16-2021, 10:48 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Corbin gave up 21 to Lincoln County?! Will need to play better than that to beat JC,Boyle or Fanklin County. In all fairness,  not sure it matters because Boyle is playing at such a high level right now; could be top 3 in state regardless of class.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

LCA gonna take alot of teams behind the shed for a beating; Boyle will be one of them. It is not my intention to speak poorly of Boyle County but a class like LCA 2022 comes along ONCE in a coaches career. 

This is the kind of predictions I like hearing, knowing there is no way possible you could possibly believe what you actually post.
(11-16-2021, 10:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

LCA gonna take alot of teams behind the shed for a beating; Boyle will be one of them. It is not my intention to speak poorly of Boyle County but a class like LCA 2022 comes along ONCE in a coaches career. 

This is the kind of predictions I like hearing, knowing there is no way possible you could possibly believe what you actually post.

For the record, Boyle would beat LCA if they played this week.
(11-17-2021, 12:28 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't. LCA had no QB and beat Boyle earlier this year. Can't take that away from LCA by saying "ok, but if they played now"....... Boyle has improved but so has LCA. 
IMO, Boyle is a top 3 team regardless of class but at the same time, outside of Male, LCA may have the best team in the State. The senior class at LCA is special, especially considering it is a 2A program. 

As far as my post, where was I wrong? Corbin gave up 21 to Lincoln County. Maybe they step up their game this week, maybe they don't. If they don't,  Corbin's basketball team has a full squad for practice on Monday.
(11-17-2021, 09:49 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't. LCA had no QB and beat Boyle earlier this year. Can't take that away from LCA by saying "ok, but if they played now"....... Boyle has improved but so has LCA. 
IMO, Boyle is a top 3 team regardless of class but at the same time, outside of Male, LCA may have the best team in the State. The senior class at LCA is special, especially considering it is a 2A program. 

As far as my post, where was I wrong? Corbin gave up 21 to Lincoln County. Maybe they step up their game this week, maybe they don't. If they don't,  Corbin's basketball team has a full squad for practice on Monday.

I don't call beating a team by 7 or 14 points taking someone to the woodshed, Now Boyle dominating Lexinton Catholic or Frederick Douglass is woodshed material. 

We are at a point in the season where either team is capable of winning. Turnovers, special teams, weather, injuries plays big rolls. 50/50 games anything can happen. Sure some like Boyle, Some like JC, Some like Corbin, Some like Franklin. I personally think Corbin is the best team this year from my eyes. My boy plays on this team. He has had and still having a fun year. If we lose, we will have got beat by a very capable team, not a team not expected to beat us. I have watched enough sports in my life, the best team doesn't always win. Any true sports fan knows that. I respect your opinons and really just giving you a hard time. Since you wanted to throw smack at Corbin. Corbin aint running dude. We are fixing to line it up and let the spurs fly. Come and watch. 

As far as Boyle and it not mattering, When Boyle faces a Franklin County or Johnson Central in the last two years tell me if it didn't come down to the wire? Why would you think Corbin couldn't play a tight ball game with them, We have some mighty good athletes and Coaches too.
Hoping your son has a great game.
(11-18-2021, 08:55 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: Hoping your son has a great game.

Im going to enjoy every moment win or lose. Nothing but respect for Johnson Central. Appreciate that Iggyfan. These kids is what its all about. Lots of hearts going to take that field in the hopes of playing another day, sad thing is half of them will have broken hearts after the game. But really nothing to hold there heads down about. Two preseason ranked top 5 teams meeting in the playoffs. Going to be fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Iggyfan
(11-17-2021, 09:49 PM)Iggyfan Wrote:

Definitely not taking away from LCA. They are a great team having their best season ever. I'm just saying they are a little lucky that they got Boyle County early. 

As for Corbin, they are in trouble this week.
I'll get back to you after the game James............