Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 68 - Clay Co. 57
Final
My goodness!! youve gotta be kidding me! 125 points??? Congrats PCC..give up 99 points in two weeks and win both games, lol..
PCC can put some points on the board. If they could tackle, they would be a top 10 team.
congrats PCC nice win.
very true Bait, that was the only problem last night tackling other than that everything looked good, O-line has picked it up also.Finally the Dores might get some respect!
MVP2,

It looks like you guys are going to be hosting my Whitley Colonels in the first round of the playoffs. I expect we will see another good game. I think you guys have a chance to beat anyone you play because you have so many weapons on offense. Most people have no idea that you all have the number of quality athletes that you do. I thought you also had good size up front.

Whitley lost in overtime to Letcher last night. Whitley out gained Letcher by 200 yards. Whitley ran all over the field but turnovers killed them. Whitley gave up a td on a blocked punt and then gave up another td on a fumble. These turnovers occurred on the first two series in the 4th quarter. Whitley also had a long td called back on a penalty and they dropped a td pass that was right in the numbers. Take away the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter and Whitley wins easily.

I think going into the playoffs either of the 4 teams could win the district. There is not much difference from 1 to 4. Based on what I have seen PCC has the most explosive offense. Whitley has the best defense. Letcher is the most balanced, most experienced and probably has the best coach. The Letcher coach has been around many years and has a couple of state titles under his belt. I have not seen Clay but they must be pretty good on the offensive end as well.

The playoffs should be a good time. I really like the district alignment. I wonder if the new Harlen County High School will be added to the district. I hope they are. I wish that that our district was aligned with one of the other mountain districts. Playing for the mountain championship would be a lot of fun.
I didn't realize they played HS basketball this early in the year Tongue
Was this a basketball game???? Just kidding.

Very high scoring game, looks like all of those teams in that 5A district can put points on the board. Look forward to playing Perry Central. Congrats Dores!
Good Game....
grazt dores
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good job Perry Central
A lot of complaining about calls or no calls on the game favoring PCC. Did not attend. Sounds like sour grapes from the Clay Co section. Thought they were going to run away with the district this year.

The team that brings the D and turnover battle will win it.