Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sayre
10.34%
Pikeville
89.66%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sayre @ Pikeville 10/08
A top 5 matchup in Class 1A as #4 Sayre (6-0) will travel Friday to #1 Pikeville (5-2)

Sayre wins: Eminence 35-6, Fort Knox 56-6, Franfort 32-24, Dayton 42-8, Harlan 42-0, Williamsburg 35-17

Pikeville wins: Paintsville 43-21, Covid 1-0, Letcher County Central 48-7, Wheelersburg (OH) 20-7, Belfry 29-0
          losses: LCA 31-14, Madison Central 21-19

Thoughts?
Not going to sugar coat this one.

Pikeville 49
Sayre 14
Sayre will score one or two cause they have some good athletes. But they’ll get worn down by Pikeville’s size and depth and it’ll be over quick
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
After Pikeville's loss I really wouldnt want to be Sayre this week.  The scary part is the Madison Central kinda reminded me of last years panthers when they lost in the playoffs.  Turnovers, fumble inside the 5, lack of focus, etc.... Gotta clean it all up. Sayre is better then they were last year and playing with confidence. I think Pikeville is WAY stronger up front and defensively BUT gotta be mentally ready to play. Pikeville wins this one 42-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I agree with Hambley here Pikeville coming off 2 tuff losses, plus last year they beat this Sayre team and they would love to get revenge. I think this is a district game so it’s very important to both teams. Pikeville can’t lose their focus if they want to achieve the goal the set for their selves and play hard and cut their turnovers down. Sayer has a lot of athletes on this team so get your work done in practice and be ready for a hard fought game. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Some factors to consider: Pikeville is road tested and strength of schedule will pay big dividends in the playoffs. I don't think there's a football team in 1-A that has played the schedule the Panthers have. The upset by that football team on Hwy. 80 South is fixated in the minds of not only the players, but the entire football staff, school, fans, and community. Another factor is the strength of this football team. It would be hard pressed to find an O line like the Panthers this season from 1-A through 5-A. This team has had a 5 game stretch on the road and will be looking forward to the friendly confines of the Hambley Complex. Road Warriors will be ready !!
Gonna be a long night for Sayre.

42-14 Pikeville
Panthers roll.
48-14
Pikeville-48
Sayre-21

Pikeville wins 1A STATE CHAMPIONAHIP
NOBODY IN CLASS A CAN PLAY WITH THEM.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Pikeville 42
Sayre 21
If Pikeville opens up the playbook
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

If Pikeville stays vanilla
Pikeville 28, Sayre 14
(10-03-2021, 10:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If Pikeville opens up the playbook
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

They need to open up something for the passing game. It’s Birchfield up the gut on a trap play right now
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
I’d hate to be Sayre.

Pikeville comes out and makes a statement… 56-14.
Sayre may become a problem in 1A at some point in the future, but not this year.

Pikeville 50
Sayre 14
Pikeville is the top program in 1A and even though Pennington is a top tier QB, they do not match up well with the Panthers. Pikeville wins this by 3+ scores.
Football games are won and lost in the trenches and Sayer does not match up well on the line.

Pikeville 35
Sayer 14
Pikeville 35
sayre 7
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

Playbook typically starts to open up when district play begins. If you can lean on defense and battle through it leaves opponents with very 
little to work with in terms of preperation. Rest assured, the razzle dazzle is in there, only question is will we need it.
(10-06-2021, 01:34 PM)Hambley Wrote:
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

Playbook typically starts to open up when district play begins. If you can lean on defense and battle through it leaves opponents with very 
little to work with in terms of preperation. Rest assured, the razzle dazzle is in there, only question is will we need it.
I don't even care about razzle-dazzle, I just want more intermediate passes, screens, sweeps etc to keep everyone from keying on stud RB every play. And if they ever line up in I-formation I may come out of my skin lol. That alone would steamroll Class A IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Blue_Bird96
Pain
(10-06-2021, 04:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

I don't even care about razzle-dazzle, I just want more intermediate passes, screens, sweeps etc to keep everyone from keying on stud RB every play. And if they ever line up in I-formation I may come out of my skin lol. That alone would steamroll Class A IMO.
That's exactly what the 2015 team did against Beechwood in the state championship game, and may i add VERY effectively. They couldn't stop Derik Pugh out of the I when the qb lined up under center.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(10-06-2021, 05:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

That's exactly what the 2015 team did against Beechwood in the state championship game, and may i add VERY effectively. They couldn't stop Derik Pugh out of the I when the qb lined up under center.
Couldn't stop Pugh and Blake Charles scored a big TD on a counter out of the I. The I was beautiful to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Alot of people claiming Sayre is the 2ns best team in class A. Heres a chance to prove it. Even with a loss. How Sayre plays in this game will determine to me, how fwr they have come as a program. Similar situation to the Betsy Lane/Raceland match up. I feel like Pikeville and Raceland have solidified themselves as the best 2 teams AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. Pikeville is goina be hungry after 2 losses and i expect the game to slow down for them alot this week after seeing what they saw in LCA and MC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

I-formation is coming in the playoffs.
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14
If Pikeville scores 28 points or less, I’ll get back on that charity walk to Whitesburg for that Letcher poster that welched.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(10-06-2021, 05:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Pikeville 45, Sayre 14

Pikeville 28, Sayre 14

Couldn't stop Pugh and Blake Charles scored a big TD on a counter out of the I. The I was beautiful to see.
Yep. A surprise to all i believe. Wyatt Battaille going under center out of the I. Then that counter by Charles definitely was a thing of beauty. It was one thing to see it livestream, but to be among the crowd was crazy good ! Like to see that sometime in the playoffs this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Sayre is much improved from last year, but they are stepping out of their league with Pikeville, IMO.
(10-06-2021, 10:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 01:34 PM)Hambley Wrote: Playbook typically starts to open up when district play begins. If you can lean on defense and battle through it leaves opponents with very 
Yep. A surprise to all i believe. Wyatt Battaille going under center out of the I. Then that counter by Charles definitely was a thing of beauty. It was one thing to see it livestream, but to be among the crowd was crazy good ! Like to see that sometime in the playoffs this season.
At 16:23 lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(10-06-2021, 10:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 10:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 04:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I don't even care about razzle-dazzle, I just want more intermediate passes, screens, sweeps etc to keep everyone from keying on stud RB every play. And if they ever line up in I-formation I may come out of my skin lol. That alone would steamroll Class A IMO.
At 16:23 lol

Great memories ! Thanks for posting jp !!
the last 5 years we have seen the Panthers run the I in the post season. With this years personnel I would be surprised if we didnt see it again.  Another interesting fact is the 2015 state title Pikeville team was a 2 loss team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Big Five-0-