Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 61 - East Ridge 19
final from Valley.
gratz valley
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:final from Valley.

Isn't it funny Shelby Valley beats ER more than Belfry lol

I guess SV beats up on the teams it can..
I think what Valley did was when ER kept their starters in being down 40 and then going for it on fourth down instead of punting far in their own terriiotry, Saunders put the first string back in and put up a few more points till ER called it quits.
ER put in the second defense at the beginning of the 4th and valleys starters passed for 2 td's on them. When Valley took the starters out ER still had the first O in and got a personal foul or something, and saunders put his starters back in.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Isn't it funny Shelby Valley beats ER more than Belfry lol

Actually, Belfry beat East Ridge 53-6, a 47 point margin, and it could've been worse. Valley apparently won by 42 points.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
East Ridge is underrated huh, lol, whoever said that, keep dreamin.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, Belfry beat East Ridge 53-6, a 47 point margin, and it could've been worse. Valley apparently won by 42 points.

Yeah, I was no math major but that's the way I saw it too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mrfootball03 Wrote:Isn't it funny Shelby Valley beats ER more than Belfry lol

Yeah SV does beat ER more than Belfry considering SV has never beaten Belfry, they do beat ER more.

I sure hope that's the way you meant it, cause if not, you need to learn some basic math.
I didn't get to watch this game, so I would like to hear some actual comments about the game. Could someone talk about football in this thread other than making snide comments on the score or comparing SV to Belfry? 61 points looks impressive any way you present it. Was Valley on fire last night? Were they unstoppable, or was ER's defense just no match for Valley? Or, were there a lot of stupid mistakes made? Many times, games are not as lopsided as the score shows. Is this the case? Is Valley really that much better than ER? Who were the leaders for both teams? Any standouts?
How does this happen ? Why is it so difficult for the schools in Pike Co to get their football programs any better?
Congrats SV..wasnt much different that what I picked..keep pluggin ER..
Another Asssist Wrote:How does this happen ? Why is it so difficult for the schools in Pike Co to get their football programs any better?
Oh, this is a loaded question and probably best left to a completely new thread on the subject...
all-or-nothing Wrote:I didn't get to watch this game, so I would like to hear some actual comments about the game. Could someone talk about football in this thread other than making snide comments on the score or comparing SV to Belfry? 61 points looks impressive any way you present it. Was Valley on fire last night? Were they unstoppable, or was ER's defense just no match for Valley? Or, were there a lot of stupid mistakes made? Many times, games are not as lopsided as the score shows. Is this the case? Is Valley really that much better than ER? Who were the leaders for both teams? Any standouts?

East Ridge went straight down the field and scored on the first drive with nothing but running plays, and from there it was over. Shelby Valley threw the ball all over ER, I think Crish Adkins had 3 receiving TD's last night. Tyler Johnson was throwing a great ball, and a few that could have gone the distance were even dropped. ER looked out of place all night, Justin Thacker is not a corner, he couldn't keep up with Lucas Simpkins or Chris Adkins, and whoever he was guarding, Valley threw to that side. ER's running game looked good, but they fumbled 1 or 2 times ending their drives when it was looking good for them. ER needs to step up the defense if they want to compete.
Congrats Shelby Valley
I think valley was clearly the better team, after they got the cobbwebbs off!!Early on Er played some inspired ball, and was in the game at the half. After the half valley began running the ball, and opened the passing game even more!! Hard played game from both sides! Good luck to both teams.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, Belfry beat East Ridge 53-6, a 47 point margin, and it could've been worse. Valley apparently won by 42 points.

wasnt going by margin.. just meant they put more points up against ER than Belfry did.. and just figured they beat up on them cause they could.. Last I heard before the game was over SV wasn't beating them this bad, so somewhere towards the end they added alot of points.. And as I thought, Saunders put his starters back in because ER had thiers in... I mean it wasn't like ER was gonna come back.. By the way, I compare them beside Belfry because Saunders quoted he wanted to make SV like Belfry.. Phillip Haywood wouldn't have put his starters back in at all against ER, no matter if ER kept thiers in the entire rest of the game.
mrfootball03 Wrote:wasnt going by margin.. just meant they put more points up against ER than Belfry did.. and just figured they beat up on them cause they could.. Last I heard before the game was over SV wasn't beating them this bad, so somewhere towards the end they added alot of points.. And as I thought, Saunders put his starters back in because ER had thiers in... I mean it wasn't like ER was gonna come back.. By the way, I compare them beside Belfry because Saunders quoted he wanted to make SV like Belfry.. Phillip Haywood wouldn't have put his starters back in at all against ER, no matter if ER kept thiers in the entire rest of the game.

ER took the starting defense out early in the 4th and valleys starters scored a few on them. Maybe even a passing touchdown.
Congrats Shelby Valley
congrats valley
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:ER took the starting defense out early in the 4th and valleys starters scored a few on them. Maybe even a passing touchdown.

B.S.

Austin Cox was in on defense the last offensive play for Valley.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:B.S.

The coach made Austin Cox take his shoulders pads off halfway through the 4th because of a personal foul.
Well me and my girlfriend must be blind because we were watching him on the last Valley offensive play, so did he give his jersey to someone else, or would you like to quit lying?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well me and my girlfriend must be blind because we were watching him on the last Valley offensive play, so did he give his jersey to someone else, or would you like to quit lying?

Must be man, I was on the sideline.
I knew SV would have their way with ER, ER just doesn't seem to have very much heart, they never have in all the years I've watched them play Belfry.

On a side note, have SV and Pburg played yet?

Have ER and Magoffin played yet?
Sarrr Wrote:I knew SV would have their way with ER, ER just doesn't seem to have very much heart, they never have in all the years I've watched them play Belfry.

No and no....
Sarrr Wrote:I knew SV would have their way with ER, ER just doesn't seem to have very much heart, they never have in all the years I've watched them play Belfry.

I don't think they have. Should be happening soon.
Congrats to the Valley players, good luck next friday!!
all-or-nothing Wrote:I didn't get to watch this game, so I would like to hear some actual comments about the game. Could someone talk about football in this thread other than making snide comments on the score or comparing SV to Belfry? 61 points looks impressive any way you present it. Was Valley on fire last night? Were they unstoppable, or was ER's defense just no match for Valley? Or, were there a lot of stupid mistakes made? Many times, games are not as lopsided as the score shows. Is this the case? Is Valley really that much better than ER? Who were the leaders for both teams? Any standouts?

No SV was not on fire, I believe that after the half, after ER stoped SV on the opening drive and tried to drive down field and got stoped all the confidence left ER. and with that goes stupid mistakes and penaltys which kept ER from keeping up and possibly winning the game

ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:B.S.

No he wasnt Coach Branham took him out, after the personal foul call for ER

ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well me and my girlfriend must be blind because we were watching him on the last Valley offensive play, so did he give his jersey to someone else, or would you like to quit lying?

Well im not saying your blind but I am saying that you are absolutely wrong, austin cox went out in the 4th quarter. the ER JV defense went into the game with like 1 1/2 mins in the 3rd and the JV D played the rest of the game. On offense out Varsity stayed in til about 9 mins left.
Even though ER lost this game big, I still think there a pretty good team overall, They have a really fast player in number 12 I think. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. and Congrats SV