Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: On this year's fifth year seniors....
I thought the "educational" bill that passed last spring, which allowed an additional fifth year of eligibility to students that took the additional year, required the students to take the additional year at the school which they were at last year?  Just curious, as had a friend tell me he knew of several "fifth-year" seniors that played sports as a different school last year, eligible as another school this year....was that even an option?
(09-06-2021, 12:21 PM)TheBear Wrote: I thought the "educational" bill that passed last spring, which allowed an additional fifth year of eligibility to students that took the additional year, required the students to take the additional year at the school which they were at last year?  Just curious, as had a friend tell me he knew of several "fifth-year" seniors that played sports as a different school last year, eligible as another school this year....was that even an option?

Yeah this is something that there is a lot of confusion about. I and a lot of folks thought you had to be at the school you attended last year for your supplemental year but I actually looked up the bill and read it and didn’t really find any clarification about this particular question. It doesn’t state for or against it so I don’t know.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-06-2021, 12:21 PM)TheBear Wrote: I thought the "educational" bill that passed last spring, which allowed an additional fifth year of eligibility to students that took the additional year, required the students to take the additional year at the school which they were at last year?  Just curious, as had a friend tell me he knew of several "fifth-year" seniors that played sports as a different school last year, eligible as another school this year....was that even an option?

I know of a couple off the top of my head that are at different schools this year.