Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Football Talk
It's way too early to be talking about it.  But that's what makes it fun. So lets discuss!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Beechwood Cam Hergott

LCA Xavier Brown

Corbin Seth Mills

Franklin County Kaden Mooreman

Just a few for starters

Pikeville Issac Mcnamee

Boyle County Jagger Gillis
How many back to back winners have we ever had for Mr Football in Kentucky?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-07-2021, 07:34 AM)Spud6 Wrote: How many back to back winners have we ever had for Mr Football in Kentucky?

None. Isn't it a senior award? It's (supposed to be) a career award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Footba...(Kentucky)
(09-07-2021, 07:34 AM)Spud6 Wrote: How many back to back winners have we ever had for Mr Football in Kentucky?
None because it’s an award only for seniors and this is the first time you could be a senior twice and play sports both years ?
I don't know if they give it to him since he's already won once, but you'd have to think Hergott would be the frontrunner at this point.
I haven’t got to see him play yet but Joe Humphreys from Daviess County is putting up crazy numbers through the first 3 games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • #GoCougs
Xavier Brown is light years above the rest in my opinion. Watching him dominate Boyle was very impressive. Very sad he didn't get much of a look from UK or other SEC schools, but he will be fine at UVA.
Corbin Seth Mills is at the top of my lists for Mr. Football
(09-07-2021, 11:41 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Xavier Brown is light years above the rest in my opinion. Watching him dominate Boyle was very impressive. Very sad he didn't get much of a look from UK or other SEC schools, but he will be fine at UVA.

If someone is light years ahead of Cam Herogett I have to watch a game of theirs because that just blows my mind.
#BBFL
(09-07-2021, 12:47 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 11:41 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Xavier Brown is light years above the rest in my opinion. Watching him dominate Boyle was very impressive. Very sad he didn't get much of a look from UK or other SEC schools, but he will be fine at UVA.

If someone is light years ahead of Cam Herogett I have to watch a game of theirs because that just blows my mind.

Well if you went to Commonwealth last year, you'd see where Xavier outperformed him head to head.  Either way, both are nice players, but we're comparing high D1 RB to a mid major walk-on QB
(09-07-2021, 01:12 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

Well if you went to Commonwealth last year, you'd see where Xavier outperformed him head to head.  Either way, both are nice players, but we're comparing high D1 RB to a mid major walk-on QB

I was at Kroger field last year. I watched the game. I remember Cam doing what he is doing right now in that game. Making big plays. What stood out to me about Xavier Brown in that game was the LCA coach putting him at receiver and taking him out of the offense like a decoy instead of feeding him the ball. I will say, when he ran the ball, it was clear. No stopping him. But what good is he if you don't use him? Cam has a D1 offer from EKU, not bad in my book. They both are on a crash course for another thriller. Round 2.
caleb bogonko RB middlesboro
Through 3 weeks....

Cam Hergott - Beechwood
Xavier Brown - LCA
Joe Humphreys - Daviess County

Dark horse after 3 weeks: Cole Lanter - Boyle County
(09-07-2021, 11:16 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: caleb bogonko RB middlesboro

5TDS. He is a good one.
From what I’ve seen from cam, it amazes me he didn’t get looked at harder by some lower D1 schools. Maybe I missed something.
(09-07-2021, 11:42 PM)Hound05 Wrote: From what I’ve seen from cam, it amazes me he didn’t get looked at harder by some lower D1 schools. Maybe I missed something.

I think not having guys at college camps in the summer of 2020 hurt guys like Cam. Deciding to come back has paid off already for him, since EKU offered him and he committed there.

Not everyone is a 4 or 5 star recruit, so a lot of these guys go unnoticed, especially ones at smaller schools, and it hurts even more when you can't camp at one of the colleges of your choice.
(09-07-2021, 10:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 01:12 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

I was at Kroger field last year. I watched the game. I remember Cam doing what he is doing right now in that game. Making big plays. What stood out to me about Xavier Brown in that game was the LCA coach putting him at receiver and taking him out of the offense like a decoy instead of feeding him the ball. I will say, when he ran the ball, it was clear. No stopping him. But what good is he if you don't use him? Cam has a D1 offer from EKU, not bad in my book. They both are on a crash course for another thriller. Round 2.

I'm not sure we were at the same game.  Pretty sure Brown had like 140 on the ground in 10-15 carries and another 50-60 receiving yards to go along with a couple of touchdowns. Taking nothing away from Hergott, and EKU is a very nice school, Xavier Brown is just on another level than most of the state athletically IMO.
Humphreys is having a great year for sure, but he's not in the conversation IMO. This is a career award and they are going up against Hergott whose career body of work obviously was good enough before this year to win, and Brown who has been putting up big numbers since his freshman year. Humphreys just doesn't have the career resume to be in the conversation unless he has a Corey Robinson like season this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-08-2021, 11:33 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Humphreys is having a great year for sure, but he's not in the conversation IMO. This is a career award and they are going up against Hergott whose career body of work obviously was good enough before this year to win, and Brown who has been putting up big numbers since his freshman year. Humphreys just doesn't have the career resume to be in the conversation unless he has a Corey Robinson like season this year.

Since when is the award for best senior in the state only for a “career body of work”? I’ve never read nor heard that 1 or 2 yr starters are discredited if they dominate. The award is for the most dominate/outstanding senior so it makes no sense to discredit a player who could have an exceptional Senior year just because he sat behind another player until he got to his junior or senior year. Also, Humphreys had a nice season last year as well in the 7 games he played.
Through week 3 Hergott’s productivity is good but it isn’t even close to Humphreys. He has over 1,00yds, 11tds-1int and is completing 73% of his passes. Those numbers aren’t against cupcake teams either, so if that doesn’t qualify one for Mr. Football conversation at week 3 then nothing will. Production matters, period.
  • BlackcatAlum
The award from my understanding goes to the state's best football player. Humphreys has 5 or 6 D1 offers and is putting up great numbers through 3 weeks against solid competition.

He definitely deserves to be in the discussion for Mr. Football.
(09-08-2021, 12:38 PM)fansville Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 11:33 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Humphreys is having a great year for sure, but he's not in the conversation IMO. This is a career award and they are going up against Hergott whose career body of work obviously was good enough before this year to win, and Brown who has been putting up big numbers since his freshman year. Humphreys just doesn't have the career resume to be in the conversation unless he has a Corey Robinson like season this year.

Since when is the award for best senior in the state only for a “career body of work”? I’ve never read nor heard that 1 or 2 yr starters are discredited if they dominate. The award is for the most dominate/outstanding senior so it makes no sense to discredit a player who could have an exceptional Senior year just because he sat behind another player until he got to his junior or senior year. Also, Humphreys had a nice season last year as well in the 7 games he played.
Through week 3 Hergott’s productivity is good but it isn’t even close to Humphreys. He has over 1,00yds, 11tds-1int and is completing 73% of his passes. Those numbers aren’t against cupcake teams either, so if that doesn’t qualify one for Mr. Football conversation at week 3 then nothing will. Production matters, period.

Hergott has played about a grand total of 7 quarters this season. Beechwood has blown out all 3 teams and he’s getting no more than one series in the 2nd half. He was involved in 11 of Beechwood’s 16 offensive plays against Somerset and he accounted for 333 total yards and 5 TDs. Humphrey’s has put up bigger numbers, but he’s also played a lot more minutes. Owensboro is a really good team, but Meade and O Catholic are not good teams this year, and I believe I saw that Humphrey’s was still in late in the game against Owensboro Catholic and throwing bombs during a blowout, so comparing the two players stats is not really a great indicator. Both are great players, but it’s week 3 and a long way to go in the season.
(09-08-2021, 09:33 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:

Hergott has played about a grand total of 7 quarters this season. Beechwood has blown out all 3 teams and he’s getting no more than one series in the 2nd half. He was involved in 11 of Beechwood’s 16 offensive plays against Somerset and he accounted for 333 total yards and 5 TDs. Humphrey’s has put up bigger numbers, but he’s also played a lot more minutes. Owensboro is a really good team, but Meade and O Catholic are not good teams this year, and I believe I saw that Humphrey’s was still in late in the game against Owensboro Catholic and throwing bombs during a blowout, so comparing the two players stats is not really a great indicator. Both are great players, but it’s week 3 and a long way to go in the season.

Fair assessment, I can’t disagree with anything you said, seems pretty
spot on. Hergott may ultimately win it but my point was that Humphreys should at least be in the conversation at this way too early point in the season.

(09-08-2021, 09:33 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:

Fair assessment, I can’t disagree with anything you said, seems pretty
spot on. Hergott may ultimately win it but my point was that Humphreys should at least be in the conversation at this way too early point in the season.
  • KentuckyHillBilly5321
(09-07-2021, 10:49 AM)fansville Wrote: I haven’t got to see him play yet but Joe Humphreys from Daviess County is putting up crazy numbers through the first 3 games.

He's a good one.