Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#4(5A)Covington Catholic @#1 (3A) Belfry 8/27
#4 Class 5A powerhouse Covington Catholic will travel to #1 Class 3A Belfry this Friday night. Both these teams know how to win championships and rebuild at the highest level. Both teams opened the season with a loss. Belfry lost 55-13 to Pulaski as Covington Catholic lost 28-6 to Ohio power Elder of Cincinnati 28-6.  I look for another attempt at a knockout by Covington Catholic, but that long bus ride may pay dividends for the Pirates. 

Until I see the Pirates defense close the gap.......

Covington Catholic 28
Belfry 21

Who you got?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
I think that Belfry may stay close early but after giving up 55 points to Pulaski on the road, I think that the Pirates will struggle to stop Covington Catholic's passing attack.

Covington Catholic 32
Belfry 14
Pirates may be biting off more than they can chew early in the season
This game may produce a running clock, and not in favor of the Pirates. Belfry just don't seem to have the "horses" on Pond Creek right now for a team like Cov. Cath. Hope I'm wrong but this may get ugly. From what I'm hearing, Belfry is a very young team and games like these can only make them better. Regardless, when you have a Coach like Philip Heywood, anything is possible. Good luck to the Pirates.
I hate to go against my Pirates and probably only like the 3rd time in last 17 yrs that i have,hope i am wrong..i say CC maybe by the same score as last week
Yikes. When’s last time Belfry started 0-2 bucslover?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-22-2021, 06:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Yikes. When’s last time Belfry started 0-2 bucslover?
If my memory is correct, the last time Belfry opened the season with consecutive losses was in 1998 when they lost 14-19 at Ashland and then to Campbell County 6-7 in the PCB. Belfry would finish 8-5 with a 3rd round home upset to a Jim Matney led Sheldon Clark team 15-16. Belfry could easily start 0-5 this season and only wins come from district opponents. Cov Cath is good this year but thank goodness it's not the Cov Cath teams when Michael Mayer was playing. I hate doing this but I say Belfry loses this one 42-20.
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • #55PirateFan, Spud6
Cov Catholic big. Belfry’s doesn’t play the type of offense to play from behind. With the defense having so many holes it’s going to be a long night and year unless the D gets fixed.
I hate to say this but it could be a running Clock

Covington Catholic 49
Belfry 07
If you can’t throw the ball, you aren’t beating Cov Cath. They stop the run very well. This game could get ugly for Belfry.
im pulling for belfry and picking them to win 35-28
Colonels 28-14
It's going to be crucial that Belfry limits mistakes and chews up clock in this game to keep it competitive.

If CovCath shuts the run game down then you're probably looking at a running clock.
I see a running clock in this one in favor of the bad guys.
(08-22-2021, 09:27 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Yikes. When’s last time Belfry started 0-2 bucslover?
If my memory is correct, the last time Belfry opened the season with consecutive losses was in 1998 when they lost 14-19 at Ashland and then to Campbell County 6-7 in the PCB. Belfry would finish 8-5 with a 3rd round home upset to a Jim Matney led Sheldon Clark team 15-16. Belfry could easily start 0-5 this season and only wins come from district opponents. Cov Cath is good this year but thank goodness it's not the Cov Cath teams when Michael Mayer was playing. I hate doing this but I say Belfry loses this one 42-20.
I agree. I'm not sure the Pitates win a game outside the District this year. They might even have trouble winning those games. Whether folks want to admit it or not, Belfry's "Dynasty Run" in 3A is over for now. Pond Creek is officially in re-build mode. That's just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • 64SUR
3A is weak this year, I expect belfry still to make it to the final 4
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(08-23-2021, 07:15 PM)64SUR Wrote: 3A is weak this year,  I expect belfry  still to make it to the final 4
Hope you're right my friend
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • 64SUR
Cov Cath 42 - Belfry 7 with the seven coming after the clock starts running.
Belfry will be the underdog in this game and probably lose but I have been watching Belfry football along time and when it gets down to crunch time they will play good football. Not saying they will be a state championship team but they will be hard to beat in 3A at the end of the year.
(08-24-2021, 08:35 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Belfry will be the underdog in this game and probably lose but I have been watching Belfry football along time and when it gets down to crunch time they will play good football. Not saying they will be a state championship team but they will be hard to beat in 3A at the end of the year.

I hope you’re right, but I don’t think this year or the next two years is going to be too promising.  Belfry also has the unfortunate luck of playing possibly the toughest schedule in school history at a time when the roster is the thinnest it’s ever been.  It’s going to be interesting, that’s for certain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(08-24-2021, 09:36 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 08:35 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Belfry will be the underdog in this game and probably lose but I have been watching Belfry football along time and when it gets down to crunch time they will play good football. Not saying they will be a state championship team but they will be hard to beat in 3A at the end of the year.

I hope you’re right, but I don’t think this year or the next two years is going to be too promising.  Belfry also has the unfortunate luck of playing possibly the toughest schedule in school history at a time when the roster is the thinnest it’s ever been.  It’s going to be interesting, that’s for certain.

Belfry has lowest numbers in years. Many reasons for that from people moving away for jobs. Several kids that should be in their Sr class are on other teams. Unfortunately I don’t see much improvement for anytime to come. If Belfry is basing future on middle school understand this middle school success does not translate to high school varsity success

(08-24-2021, 09:36 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote:

Enablers - 41
Swashbucklers - 12
(08-24-2021, 10:21 PM)HGitback Coach Wrote: Enablers - 41
Swashbucklers - 12

Care to elaborate a little on that Enablers?
(08-24-2021, 10:21 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: Enablers - 41
Swashbucklers - 12

[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/b4a9abfe.../tenor.gif]

Just watched Belfry and Pulaski County from last Friday. Right now, Belfry does not look like a very good team. Later in the season, who knows.
Cov Cath was beaten by Elder, who is probably one of the top 5 football teams in this region of the country. give me CovCath by 25+
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • BoondockSaint
I've got nothing but respect for Belfry and for Haywood, but this game is just a mis-match this season. I think CovCath wins this by at least 4 touchdowns.
Will the game be broadcast live anywhere?
Swashbucklers - 12
Idiotic
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • #55PirateFan, BoondockSaint, pjdoug
(08-26-2021, 02:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Swashbucklers - 12
Idiotic

and then some.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot