Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 30 Clay County 22
Final
Congratulations Knox.
Way to go Panthers!
Watched Clay battle Knox last night at Union Field. Back and forth game in the first half with Clay holding the lead most the half and then Knox taking a commanding lead in the second half of the game not to look back.

Knox with a new QB at the helm looked to execute well with a good mixture of short and long passes. Knox had a solid run game. Defense was able to stop the running and passing game of Clay when it counted.

Clay had some opportunities. I really like the young QB. Penalties seemed to be a big factor in this game.

Solid game for both teams.
(08-22-2021, 12:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Watched Clay battle Knox last night at Union Field. Back and forth game in the first half with Clay holding the lead most the half and then Knox taking a commanding lead in the second half of the game not to look back.

Knox with a new QB at the helm looked to execute well with a good mixture of short and long passes. Knox had a solid run game. Defense was able to stop the running and passing game of Clay when it counted.

Clay had some opportunities. I really like the young QB. Penalties seemed to be a big factor in this game.

Is the Clay Qb a sophomore or junior? Think I’ll save my congrats this time…
(08-22-2021, 12:12 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 12:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Watched Clay battle Knox last night at Union Field. Back and forth game in the first half with Clay holding the lead most the half and then Knox taking a commanding lead in the second half of the game not to look back.

Sophomore, me personally, he’s just got raw talent. I think they would throw defenses off by spreading the field and letting him do his thing.
(08-22-2021, 12:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 12:12 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Sophomore, me personally, he’s just got raw talent. I think they would throw defenses off by spreading the field and letting him do his thing.

Yeah most likely, but the sophomore year is typically a tough year for almost any kid, just the learning curve.  I’ve heard he’s an exceptional athlete, another year for him and the kids around him will go a long way and the season just started I still look for Clay to surprise a couple.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
They got some nice building blocks too. Sophomore Tackle Andrew Roberts #56. Plays both ways. Quick, strong, Athletic. Ceiling is high for this young man.
Really impressed with the improvements of the football program there. It wasn’t  long ago that this would have been a first half running clock game type of game. Clay has plenty of young talent and appears to be improving every year. Knox also has a couple of really nice ball players that will have solid seasons.
Yeah, I thought Knox executed a little better and there QB did a fine job passing the ball. Overall a solid performance for the Panthers.
This game probably went about the way most expected. Obviously Knox had some question marks and Clay was still improving. The big back for Knox caused the Tigers issues all night. Although the one fumble was likely not, I thought the Tigers hurt themselves by not scooping and scoring one of those (at least get really close to the end zone). They ended up not scoring on either. Have to take advantage when you get lucky. The Tiger defense had a big chance late on, I believe, 3rd and long when someone missed a tackle that would’ve brought up 4th down and the Panthers went to the house instead. All in all, it was very good football game and it felt great to be back after last season.
I thought Clay would win this one. Looks like I was wrong again. Congrats to Knox.
After allowing opening drive touchdown, Knox outscored Clay 30-8 over next 3 quarters, while fumbling at the Clay 1 yard-line during that stretch as well. Game wasn't that close.
Honestly it was. Clay ran out of time in the end of the first half and almost scored. Clay also didn’t utilize there passing game like I thought. Little disappointed that #9 had so few touches for Clay. They went mainly with the run. Clay very easily could have won that game. Taking nothing away from Knox. They executed overall better and won. Clay in my opinion needs to pass more. Too many skills not too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Tigerfan56
Clay scored in the second quarter to regain the lead, then nearly scored right before the half that could have gave them the lead there. I'd imagine Clay had around 35-40 pass attempts that game,
(08-31-2021, 10:19 AM)Hogsnot Wrote: Clay scored in the second quarter to regain the lead, then nearly scored right before the half that could have gave them the lead there. I'd imagine Clay had around 35-40 pass attempts that game,
35 in this game, I checked. 28 or 29 in the Leslie game. I’ll take 40 pass first run second out of that offense. Now that’s my opinion. I like Rice. Raw talent. I like the receivers. I really like Collins. Keep rolling Tigers.
What I just told you is a fact, 30-8 for 3 quarters with a fumble at the 1. Could have easily been 38-8 for 3 quarters. Knox didn't use their passing game to its fullest extent either, they ran out the clock to get the win, ala Mark Stoops style.

I like what Clay is doing and I'm not taking anything away from them. Knox is seriously talented at many spots, especially quarterback, receiver and tight end.
Dude, I watched the game. Clay led most the first half and probably would have led at halftime given another minute or two. But no big deal. Knox wasn’t much better than Clay, might have had a more solid game plan. Good luck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Tigerfan56
Take a single isolated play or two away and the score could probably be flipped but that's why you play the game. These teams are about dead even. Clay has a good group right now and beginning to be a good program, no shock or disrespect to Knox in these guys playing them down to wire.
What part of this are you not understanding? Clay took the opening drive and ate up 6 mins to make it 8-0. From that point, which was the 600 min mark of 1st, until the 600 min mark of 4th when they scored to make it 30-22, Knox had outscored them 30-8 over those 3 quarters of action. Got it? 6 min mark of 1st, til 600 min mark of 4th, 30-8. There was also a fumble at the 1 or we're talking 38-8.

Point is, Knox was clearly far better than Clay and the score is misleading. Could Clay have recovered that onside kick and went down and tied Knox sending the game to overtime? Sure. Could Knox have punched it in when they kneeled the ball to end the game at the 3 yard line and made it 38-22? Sure. Knox was dominant for long periods of that game with a very inexperienced team. Knox ran for 210 yards and averaged almost 7 ypc. Knox's qb was 8-13 for 150 yards and 2 TD's. That's almost 20 yards per completion. Those aren't the stats of a competitive game.
(08-31-2021, 01:33 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: What part of this are you not understanding? Clay took the opening drive and ate up 6 mins to make it 8-0. From that point, which was the 600 min mark of 1st, until the 600 min mark of 4th when they scored to make it 30-22, Knox had outscored them 30-8 over those 3 quarters of action. Got it? 6 min mark of 1st, til 600 min mark of 4th, 30-8. There was also a fumble at the 1 or we're talking 38-8.

Point is, Knox was clearly far better than Clay and the score is misleading. Could Clay have recovered that onside kick and went down and tied Knox sending the game to overtime? Sure. Could Knox have punched it in when they kneeled the ball to end the game at the 3 yard line and made it 38-22? Sure. Knox was dominant for long periods of that game with a very inexperienced team. Knox ran for 210 yards and averaged almost 7 ypc. Knox's qb was 8-13 for 150 yards and 2 TD's. That's almost 20 yards per completion. Those aren't the stats of a competitive game.

I guess. Could Clay have scored when they threw it into the end zone before the half to take the lead? Sure. Those are hypotheticals. You do know you lost the Bell game, not the Clay game right? You're putting way too much effort into this. You don't have to prove anything here. 

Good luck this week, go get em!

(08-31-2021, 01:10 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Dude, I watched the game. Clay led most the first half and probably would have led at halftime given another minute or two. But no big deal. Knox wasn’t much better than Clay, might have had a more solid game plan. Good luck.

I think Clay done an excellent job limiting the big kid from Knox. Good to see the Clay getting a little attention and talk in the area though, they deserve it.
Was Clay gifted a TD in the 2nd quarter on a PI call in the end zone on 4 and 20? Sure. I'm not trying hard at all. Just want to offer insight on forums where it's clearly lacking. Knox has won 1 time at Bell County in 100 years. Nobody thought Knox's young team would go in there and win, but it was a great learning experience. Thanks and have good day.
(08-31-2021, 01:54 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: Was Clay gifted a TD in the 2nd quarter on a PI call in the end zone on 4 and 20? Sure. I'm not trying hard at all. Just want to offer insight on forums where it's clearly lacking. Knox has won 1 time at Bell County in 100 years. Nobody thought Knox's young team would go in there and win, but it was a great learning experience. Thanks and have good day.

You too! Hope you guys have a great year, pulling for you guys!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogsnot's post:
  • The Undisputed Truth
(08-31-2021, 01:54 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: Was Clay gifted a TD in the 2nd quarter on a PI call in the end zone on 4 and 20? Sure. I'm not trying hard at all. Just want to offer insight on forums where it's clearly lacking. Knox has won 1 time at Bell County in 100 years. Nobody thought Knox's young team would go in there and win, but it was a great learning experience. Thanks and have good day.

I think clay gifted Knox a TD on their first play from scrimmage and I think Knox was gifted a couple of PI also, the one your referring to, I believe the big receiver from Clay was tackled by two men in the endzone before the ball had made it there. Turned out to be a smart play from Knox as it looked to be an easy TD. I watched the game online and it looked to be decently officiated a bad call here or there both ways. The fact that you all are talking about Clay county this much is a sign the program has progressed over there in Manchester.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Tigerfan56
I stated in my first comment that Clay did some good things and I like the direction they're headed. I'm interested to see what the game looks like next year, should be very competitive and I anticipate both teams will be playing at a higher level then than they are now as both return a significant portion of their rosters.

That being said, the numbers don't lie. Knox marched up and down the field on Clay with their only failed drives resulting from turnovers. I did think the game was decently officiated, I didn't dispute the validity of the PI call on 4th and 20. I was referring to the Knox defense gifting it to Clay as the receiver was double-teamed and the pass should have merely been incomplete.

When a receiver out-runs the defense and the ball is delivered in a timely fashion by the quarterback, that's not a gift. That's a touchdown.