Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 28 - Shelby Valley 7
Final on Homecoming Night at SV.
Wow...this is a shocker......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't be shocked, the game went about how I expected it to until the last few minutes. Although Knox Central was definitely the better team, the game was much closer than the final score would indicate.

Valley was ahead at the half, 7-6, then Knox scored early in the 3rd quarter to take a 14-7 lead. The score stayed that way for a long time, until Knox scored another TD with about 6 minutes to go in the fourth that made it 20-7 and sealed the deal.

Valley didn't play that bad, but Knox was just the better team. I was impressed that SV was leading at the half, although turnovers by Knox helped a lot. In the second half, the turnovers started coming from Valley, and that was the beginning of the end. Again, most of the second half Valley was a TD away from tying it up, but with Knox's tight defense the Cats never really threatened the end zone.

So to sum up, game much closer than the score indicates, but Knox was clearly the better team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Knox!
I'm not shocked a bit! Congrats Knox and my old coach Keith Rose (D-Cord) at Knox! They are ROLLIN'!!
Congrats Knox..Way to go Rosie!! lol....but yeah this is in no way an indication about Valley. Valley is a solid football team..
Congrats Knox Central