• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
End of times
(06-27-2021, 12:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:33 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Do you ever get tired of lying and presenting yourself as a fool, Twin Ticks? Fauci said in an email to a close friend that masks do not stop the spread of the virus. That was before he told the rest of us that everybody should wear a mask or two. Multiple studies have shown that the virus spread at about the same rate in areas without mask mandates as in areas with mask mandates.

Masks restrict airflow and have other side effects that can seriously impact those who already have respiratory or heart issues. N95 masks are more effective but use materials with smaller holes that further reduce airflow. Most people will not pay the difference for N95 masks and subject themselves to the additional discomfort.

I have N95 masks but I don't wear them. They are too uncomfortable for every day, prolonged use. Do you wear N95 masks around all the time?
Isn’t this an End of times thread?  I know you’re trying to protect the weak arguments of your alter egos but damn this distractions is borderline stupid.  

do masks slow the spread? Yes or no? 

not areas of mask mandates? 

DO MASKS SLOW THE SPREAD? 

you won’t answer.  You’ll type some Bs response.  

I’m vaccinated, chief.  Prior to that I wore Kn95s daily.  I didn’t want to take any n95s from healthcare workers since the Trump administration didn’t step up and protect the nation.
You're a liar and you brought up the subject of masks, not me. Live by the Fauci, die by the Fauci. He should be investigated and tried for approving financing for the Wuhan lab and then covering up his involvement by lying to Congress.
No 
I brought up the Pandemic/plague that @jetpilot scoffed at most of the year.  A dude that has suddenly found apocalyptic religion who didn’t give a snot as the first  stage hit. He’s playing politics.  

as are you… as always. You are a hack. You don’t care about people just about scoring points.  We see through you Ted Cruz types.

Really good comparison with Cruz, I think. Soul mates. Conspiracy-driven political hacks, unable to genuinely care for people in any meaningful way. That's just the way it seems from an outsider's perspective.  Of course, Heidi and Mrs Nostradumbass would have a more intimate perspective.  It's too bad there's not a heaven because those two ladies deserve an eternity of bliss.
You really are a sick, perverted individual. Your insecurity and need to be the focus of attention is a sad thing to witness.
(06-27-2021, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Cray cray

oh that’s you 

Catturd

(06-27-2021, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Cray cray

also where was your apocalypse talk last year when we were experiencing a plague ?  

still are for what it’s worth.
(06-27-2021, 12:19 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:06 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: One of my favorite writers. This guy was something else. My man, Sam Clemens:

“The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.”

― Mark Twain

Ours is a terrible religion. The fleets of the world could swim in spacious comfort in the innocent blood it has spilt.”

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

“There is one notable thing about our Christianity: bad, bloody, merciless, money-grabbing and predatory … ours is a terrible religion.”

-Mark Twain("Autobiography of Mark Twain")

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."    --- Mark Twain

"Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned."     ---Mark Twain

"It's easier to fool people than to convince than to convince them that they have been fooled."   ---Mark Twain

"If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be ---  a Christian."     Mark Twain , Notebook
Sorry, but you lost your credibility when you posted the fake Thomas Jefferson quote. Scratch that, you lost your credibility before that, which is why I fact checked the first Jefferson quote that you posted. Demonstrating that some smart people agree with your opinion does not make you any more right or wrong about a subject. You do realize that, don't you?

The greatest scientist of all time, Sir Isaac Newton, was a devout Christian who spent as much time studying religion as he did revolutionizing the world fields of physics and math.

Not everybody is so insecure in their beliefs that they must feel that they are part of a large group of smart people. You seem to be driven by that need.
Haven’t you posted a fake founding father quote? 

Big Grin  
you’re a hack.
Have I or are you deliberately lying again? There are many fake quotes floating around the internet. Posting one is understandable and forgivable. Posting a fake quote and not acknowledging the mistake when it is pointed out to you is a character weakness.

Again, substituting smiley's for cogent thought is your tell. I think you realize on a subconscious level when you have made an idiotic post and try to make up for it by diverting attention with a smiley. The more icons you include, the more ridiculous the content of your post. There is a perfect correlation.
(06-27-2021, 12:31 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Isn’t this an End of times thread?  I know you’re trying to protect the weak arguments of your alter egos but damn this distractions is borderline stupid.  

do masks slow the spread? Yes or no? 

not areas of mask mandates? 

DO MASKS SLOW THE SPREAD? 

you won’t answer.  You’ll type some Bs response.  

I’m vaccinated, chief.  Prior to that I wore Kn95s daily.  I didn’t want to take any n95s from healthcare workers since the Trump administration didn’t step up and protect the nation.
You're a liar and you brought up the subject of masks, not me. Live by the Fauci, die by the Fauci. He should be investigated and tried for approving financing for the Wuhan lab and then covering up his involvement by lying to Congress.
No 
I brought up the Pandemic/plague that @jetpilot scoffed at most of the year.  A dude that has suddenly found apocalyptic religion who didn’t give a snot as the first  stage hit. He’s playing politics.  

as are you… as always. You are a hack. You don’t care about people just about scoring points.  We see through you Ted Cruz types.

Really good comparison with Cruz, I think. Soul mates. Conspiracy-driven political hacks, unable to genuinely care for people in any meaningful way. That's just the way it seems from an outsider's perspective.  Of course, Heidi and Mrs Nostradumbass would have a more intimate perspective.  It's too bad there's not a heaven because those two ladies deserve an eternity of bliss.
You really are a sick, perverted individual. Your insecurity and need to be the focus of attention is a sad thing to witness.
Damn…you’re trying hard to cover for these dim points of your buddies.  

Don’t you believe it’s the end of times,  Hooter? 

Don’t you believe that “without Trump” this world will be destroyed?

(06-26-2021, 11:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: One of my favorite writers. This guy was something else. My man, Sam Clemens:

“The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.”

― Mark Twain

Ours is a terrible religion. The fleets of the world could swim in spacious comfort in the innocent blood it has spilt.”

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

“There is one notable thing about our Christianity: bad, bloody, merciless, money-grabbing and predatory … ours is a terrible religion.”

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."    --- Mark Twain

"Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned."     ---Mark Twain

"It's easier to fool people than to convince than to convince them that they have been fooled."   ---Mark Twain

"If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be ---  a Christian."     Mark Twain , Notebook
I’ve reached my maximum likes so I’ll just respond and repost.  

I do find it odd the “truth” people want to pull from the Bible versus what they want to ignore…what Jesus said.

(06-27-2021, 12:38 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

Sorry, but you lost your credibility when you posted the fake Thomas Jefferson quote. Scratch that, you lost your credibility before that, which is why I fact checked the first Jefferson quote that you posted. Demonstrating that some smart people agree with your opinion does not make you any more right or wrong about a subject. You do realize that, don't you?

The greatest scientist of all time, Sir Isaac Newton, was a devout Christian who spent as much time studying religion as he did revolutionizing the world fields of physics and math.

Not everybody is so insecure in their beliefs that they must feel that they are part of a large group of smart people. You seem to be driven by that need.

Big Grin  
you’re a hack.
Have I or are you deliberately lying again? There are many fake quotes floating around the internet. Posting one is understandable and forgivable. Posting a fake quote and not acknowledging the mistake when it is pointed out to you is a character weakness.

Again, substituting smiley's for cogent thought is your tell. I think you realize on a subconscious level when you have made an idiotic post and try to make up for it by diverting attention with a smiley. The more icons you include, the more ridiculous the content of your post. There is a perfect correlation.
You did last year:  A Ben Franklin quote.  You didn’t acknowledge a mistake; you disappeared for a few days like a child . Big Grin  You never admit your wrong ways—-you just hide for a few days. 
also Don't excuse yourself for it while you try to tear down,  Hound.  

I can include as many emojis I want. It’s part of the message board.  Sorry it offends your weak constitution.
MY favorite thread of all-time !!!   Seriously, though,  conservative pals,  as a liberal you probably know I am totally supportive of you believing any kind of nonsense you want to believe. That's one of the many great things about us liberals. Do and believe what makes you feel good. Knock yourself out.   Believe that there was widespread election rigging, believe that Trump followers had nothing to do with Jan. 6, pray your little hearts out to your imaginary friend in the sky, believe that there's a fiery furnace awaiting me when I die.  I will stand right there with you in support of your right to believe all of that craziness.  Where I become militant in my anti-theism is when you try to push those crazy beliefs on to the rest of us and try to make it law. Ain't happening, buddies!!!

What does my heart good more than almost anything in this world is when I see or hear of a former theist, particularly an evangelical, that finds their way out of the darkness of religious bondage and into the light of reason and science. For those who are struggling to break free from whatever religion has you in bondage, i want you to know that there are resources out there to help you in your deconversion. Recovering from Religion is one organization that have helped thousands in their recovery.  Also,  FFRF does a lot of good work.   I really do care about people. If you are comforted believing in an afterlife, then I say good for you. For some of us, believing in something without a scintilla of evidence for that something simply isn't enough. Sagan said,  I don't want to believe; I want to KNOW."  If your religion is causing you or your family consternation, just  know that there is help available. You may be shunned by the religious as you pull away but there are caring non-theists out there who will help. This is personal to me because I had a friend who was a JW, and she was shunned by family and those in the congregation when she tried to free herself from the organization.   Again, Recovering from Religion is a great resource.

Dan Barker was a former evangelical preacher and is an inspiration to thousands who have found freedom without  religion:

Scientists do not join hands every Sunday and sing "Yes gravity is real! I know gravity is real! I will have faith! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about the concept.”

― Dan Barker, Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
^^^Stopped reading after the first sentence, big bang came from apes guy....sCiEnCe LOL

The liberals on here have removed any doubt anyone could possibly still have what kind of people they are on this thread. They should be avoided at all times or else their pure misery might infect others.
(06-27-2021, 12:42 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You're a liar and you brought up the subject of masks, not me. Live by the Fauci, die by the Fauci. He should be investigated and tried for approving financing for the Wuhan lab and then covering up his involvement by lying to Congress.
No 

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

I do find it odd the “truth” people want to pull from the Bible versus what they want to ignore…what Jesus said.

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

Big Grin  
you’re a hack.

You did last year:  A Ben Franklin quote.  You didn’t acknowledge a mistake; you disappeared for a few days like a child . Big Grin  You never admit your wrong ways—-you just hide for a few days. 

I can include as many emojis I want. It’s part of the message board.  Sorry it offends your weak constitution.
If you are referring to the Franklin quote on security and liberty, then you have been caught in another lie. The quote I cited was accurate. Are you lying again or are you referring to a different Franklin quote?
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."   ---Ben Franklin(Poor Richard's Almanac)

[Image: https://www.jetsetter.com//uploads/sites...x1035.jpeg]
I have a question of vector#1, Cardfan1, and The Outsider. Do you share the arrogant atheist views of Old School Hound? This is your opportunity to differentiate yourself as an independent thinker because I cannot recall a topic in which the three of you have not expressed identical opinions on anything.
Moreover, Franklin told us in his autobiography that he was a “thorough deist.” Franklin adhered to a religion that we might call doctrineless, moralized Christianity. This kind of faith suggests that what we believe about God is not as important as living a life of love and significance.Jun 28, 2017
Sorry for the sabbatical guys, I thought I might give time for our leftist group thinkers on here to look up some more fake founder's quotes.

News flash--- the word of man does not eclipse the Word of God. The words and intents of the founders have been under serious left-revisionist attack since the turn of the 20th Century at least. The left have maligned, misquoted, extrapolated, distorted, unjustly accused, misconstrued and otherwise lied about this nation's founding. And although I find the words and selfless actions of the founders inspiring, God is still sovereign.

Attacking character and word twisting is a ploy that is at least as old as man himself. Satan used the tactic to tempt Adam and Eve in the Garden which, ultimately led to man's fall. God told Adam as straightly as it could have been said, not to eat of the one tree because once he ate of it, he would surely die. Then came along Satan who working through the serpent, suggested to Eve that God did not want them to eat of the tree of knowledge because doing so would cause them too, to become as gods "knowing good and evil."

Only one rule had to be kept, but Adam did not obey even the one rule. It has been said that Adam and Eve were created innocent, but not righteous. Righteousness is innocence which has been tested through temptation. Integrity of character is developed only in such way. Men who celebrate giving in to sin as something to be proud of, have subscribed to Satan's deception. They tell themselves they are wise and accuse those who live righteously as to the Lord, as being fools. At this point J Vernon McGee makes a distinction between the religions of the world and Christians. "Christianity is not a religion; Christianity is Christ. There are a lot of religions (in the world), but the Lord Jesus went right to the fountainhead when He said, "Ye must be borned again."

Anybody can join a cult for example, and just joining a Church is a similarly futile gesture. Christians are born of the spirit, and theirs is a regenerative choice based on Godly sorrow and repentance, that causes one to become "a new creature in Christ." Further, long before we could ever hope to discuss doctrine and the other things of God, as I posted earlier in the thread; God put the knowledge of Himself within us. We are born into this world dead in trespass and sin; but the gift of God is eternal life through the justification of Jesus own shed blood and Who died in our place on the cross. The Lord would have us all make the right choice but make no mistake. It is our choice. We all know of the existence of God, therefore at the judgment those who have rejected Him will be without excuse.

As to some of the comments made in this thread. Men quoting other men in the attempt to put the character of God on trial is absurd and abominable. Not to mention an act of service to their true father, the devil.
John chap 8   Jesus speaking---
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

All truth in this world is of God---
Romans 3:4
Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.”

In other words among the things we can be certain of in this life is the fact that God's people will be judged by this world. It simply cannot be escaped. To be judged and suffer any scoffing which might come my way for the cause of Christ IMHO, is a high honor. They scoffed at Christ Himself as He hung on the cross after all, did they not? Nonetheless, the Christian's charter is to warn and spread the good news of Christ among men. He will do all the judging, and He will do all the actual saving of men's souls.

But as has been pointed out by our liberal friends, this is a thread about the end of time. Time is a mere commodity that God uses like a matrix. A construct if you will, to give men the opportunity to be born into this world in order to make one monumentally important decision. For or against Christ. And then like a vapor, this life is over and it's out into eternity either to be with God, or separated from Him. And what is eternity? I submit it is the absence of time. For us eternity has a starting point because we have a beginning, we all have baby pics to prove that. But it has no end. It's all in with Who and where you spend it.

So back to J Vernon's observation about righteousness of character. We all have a choice to make. To duck making that choice and immerse ourselves in the cares, rewards and pleasures of this life is in and of itself, a choice against Christ. No we all choose, one way or the other. The Lord has been compared to the Church's bridegroom. He wants all to choose Him, but He knows not all will. In fact, "few there be that find it."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great thread, Jet .  Let me get back on topic for a moment. I do often ponder what will bring about the end of life on Earth. While it won't be the mythical Jesus that ushers in the end of days, science and history does give us a clue as to what could be our ultimate demise.  We know that in  few billion years, the sun is going to go red giant on our asses and fry the earth. However, I think it highly unlikely that humans will be around when that happens.  Many scientists and futurists are convinced that man will eventually be supplanted by artificial intelligence.  Whether we are still human or some kind of AI ,  what will take us out before the big red sun bakes us? 

Certainly, we could do ourselves in---blow ourselves up.  Do we become more dangerous(more powerful technology and weaponry) or less dangerous(we learn from past mistakes-more cautious) as time goes on?  I tend to think we become more and more dangerous with time. Global warming followed by a runaway greenhouse effect could turn Earth into Venus . In fact, this is most certain to happen in about a billion years when the sun becomes about 10% brighter and the Earth's surface warms to 117 degrees and the oceans eventually boil away. It's very likely that man's careless and selfish use of the planet will hurry along the planet's demise, well before the billion year time frame.

What about a biological catastrophe- chemical or viral? We've seen how a worldwide pandemic can affect mankind?  What if a virus thousands of times worse than COVID was unleased on humanity?   The cosmos provides the most likely scenarios for our end, in my opinion.  A EMP from the sun could alter life as we know it on Earth but is not likely to bring about the end. Btw, we barely missed being slammed by a major solar storm in the summer of 2012 that would have taken years or decades to recover from.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario that will bring about the end of humans in a relatively short period of time will be from a comet or large  asteroid impacting the earth. We know what happened 66 million years ago(no, the Earth is not 6,000 years old) in the Yucatan Peninsula.  Dinosaurs ruled the earth(humans had not evolved yet- No Adam. No Eve) and a giant asteroid impacted and did away with the dinos.  What if the impact hadn't happened or what if it had occurred a few minutes earlier or later and, instead of impacting the shallow waters of the Yucatan, it had impacted the deep waters of the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans, which would have absorbed much of the energy. It still would have been a catastrophe with extinctions but some of the larger dinosaurs may have survived.  What then?

Would dinosaurs be here today? What new dinosaurs might have appeared? Would dinosaurs have developed human-like intelligence? Would mammals have remained in the shadows? Would humans have evolved found a way to survive alongside them?

It's only  a matter of time before the next impact with a comet or asteroid occurs. It's not an "if," but a "when."   Instead of  a man floating down from the clouds or a beast with seven heads and flames shooting out of its ass, the end is likely to be ushered in  by a runaway big ass rock or a dirty snowball.
(06-27-2021, 04:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Great thread, Jet .  Let me get back on topic for a moment. I do often ponder what will bring about the end of life on Earth. While it won't be the mythical Jesus that ushers in the end of days, science and history does give us a clue as to what could be our ultimate demise.  We know that in  few billion years, the sun is going to go red giant on our asses and fry the earth. However, I think it highly unlikely that humans will be around when that happens.  Many scientists and futurists are convinced that man will eventually be supplanted by artificial intelligence.  Whether we are still human or some kind of AI ,  what will take us out before the big red sun bakes us? 

Certainly, we could do ourselves in---blow ourselves up.  Do we become more dangerous(more powerful technology and weaponry) or less dangerous(we learn from past mistakes-more cautious) as time goes on?  I tend to think we become more and more dangerous with time. Global warming followed by a runaway greenhouse effect could turn Earth into Venus . In fact, this is most certain to happen in about a billion years when the sun becomes about 10% brighter and the Earth's surface warms to 117 degrees and the oceans eventually boil away. It's very likely that man's careless and selfish use of the planet will hurry along the planet's demise, well before the billion year time frame.

What about a biological catastrophe- chemical or viral? We've seen how a worldwide pandemic can affect mankind?  What if a virus thousands of times worse than COVID was unleased on humanity?   The cosmos provides the most likely scenarios for our end, in my opinion.  A EMP from the sun could alter life as we know it on Earth but is not likely to bring about the end. Btw, we barely missed being slammed by a major solar storm in the summer of 2012 that would have taken years or decades to recover from.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario that will bring about the end of humans in a relatively short period of time will be from a comet or large  asteroid impacting the earth. We know what happened 66 million years ago(no, the Earth is not 6,000 years old) in the Yucatan Peninsula.  Dinosaurs ruled the earth(humans had not evolved yet- No Adam. No Eve) and a giant asteroid impacted and did away with the dinos.  What if the impact hadn't happened or what if it had occurred a few minutes earlier or later and, instead of impacting the shallow waters of the Yucatan, it had impacted the deep waters of the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans, which would have absorbed much of the energy. It still would have been a catastrophe with extinctions but some of the larger dinosaurs may have survived.  What then?

Would dinosaurs be here today? What new dinosaurs might have appeared? Would dinosaurs have developed human-like intelligence? Would mammals have remained in the shadows? Would humans have evolved found a way to survive alongside them?

It's only  a matter of time before the next impact with a comet or asteroid occurs. It's not an "if," but a "when."   Instead of  a man floating down from the clouds or a beast with seven heads and flames shooting out of its ass, the end is likely to be ushered in  by a runaway big ass rock or a dirty snowball.
So you have no idea how the world will end but do have a bunch of opinions and/or theories which are in no way backed up by any sCiEnCe, but you are 100% positive how the world WON'T end? LOL got it. With that completely irrational reasoning you are by mistake bolstering the case for God.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheRealThing
Humans had not yet evolved when dinosaurs roamed the planet huh? Funny thing about that as the following was written in 600 BC. Hint: they didn't have Paleontologists back then.

Job chap 4
15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Job chap 41

1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
2 Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?
4 Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?
5 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?
6 Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?
7 Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?
8 Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.
9 Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?
10 None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Point of clarification  >  Nobody knows how old the earth actually is. Scientists can carbon date rocks but that doesn't mean that on the day the forces of nature laid down the sediments and materials which made up those rocks, that those materials had a zero carbon date.  Nor does it mean they could not have had a very old carbon date when they were deposited.

God made Adam with His own hands out of the dust of the ground and then breathed His own breath into Adam's nostrils. Adam was created an adult. He didn't go through puberty, or have acne, or play with toys. He was created in other words with 'age' within himself. Carbon dating may be interesting to consider, even beneficial to understand, as are thermodynamics and astrophysics. All of these truths and laws of science are the gifts of God. An orderly universe for man to inhabit. But man is not some insignificant also-ran among creation. Creation was in fact for him. So great are mankind's abilities, we had to have this fantastically dynamic and complex universe to contain ourselves.

The short of it is this; God, Who spoke creation into existence, is not limited by His own creation. As Adam and Eve were created as adults, so obviously was creation created with 'age' inherent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Words of wisdom :  

“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)... There are just some kind of men who - who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”

― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
^^^I don't disagree with that at all OSH. But discussions about the weaknesses and failures of man are a different thing than discussions about God.
A few posts ago you were just loving this thread. My guess is if in your mind you don't believe you can dominate the discussion with the rationalizations to which you have either been subjected to or indoctrinated by, it's back to the old standby of attacking your opponent openly or through veiled insinuation.

I stand by my former statement; Men quoting other men in the attempt to put the character of God on trial is absurd and abominable. Not to mention an act of service to their true father, the devil.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. "  --- Carl Sagan

"If some good evidence for life after death were announced, I'd be eager to examine it; but it would have to be real scientific data, not mere anecdote. As with the face on Mars and alien abductions, better the hard truth, I say, than the comforting fantasy. "  ---Carl Sagan
Carl Sagan died young, and my guess is miserable. He supposedly had the faith to believe he spontaneously generated from an exploding rock from nobody knows where. Isn't it fascinating to realize what the Lord said about some of this stuff? From nothing... came something. Just like Carl Sagan imagined.

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The existence of God cannot be disproven and the intelligence of a human being has no bearing on faith. I do not believe, as some do, that posting the opinions of celebrities and experts that match my own opinions would somehow validate those opinions. There are and have been throughout history many people who have believed in God and many who have not believed in God. It is easy to find websites created by atheists to persuade readers that they are smarter than people who believe in God and those websites often contain long lists of quotes of famous atheists. 

I personally find avowed atheists the most arrogant people on the planet. I understand those who have doubts about the existence of God and describe themselves as agnostics, but the kind of hubris required to slam the door shut on the possibility that God exists boggles my mind.

However, I did find the following quote of Sir Isaac Newton, who many scientists consider the greatest scientist in the history of the world, which addresses the topic of this thread. Newton believed, as I do, that the end of times has been incorrectly predicted many times in history by people who were certain that all of the signs were there, only to be proven wrong. I believe that the end of times will be here before anybody realizes that it has arrived. Newton spent a lot of time thinking about the end of times but never actually settled on a year.

Quote:The 2300 years do not end before the year 2132 nor after 2370.

The time times & half time do not end before 2060..... It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast.

Isaac Newton
(06-27-2021, 09:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: No 

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

(06-27-2021, 12:06 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Sorry, but you lost your credibility when you posted the fake Thomas Jefferson quote. Scratch that, you lost your credibility before that, which is why I fact checked the first Jefferson quote that you posted. Demonstrating that some smart people agree with your opinion does not make you any more right or wrong about a subject. You do realize that, don't you?

Big Grin  
you’re a hack.

If you are referring to the Franklin quote on security and liberty, then you have been caught in another lie. The quote I cited was accurate. Are you lying again or are you referring to a different Franklin quote?
Oh it was lost in context like you live your life, Hooter. 
 You pulled it straight from a falsebook meme. straight political hacking.

(06-27-2021, 01:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I have a question of vector#1, Cardfan1, and The Outsider. Do you share the arrogant atheist views of Old School Hound? This is your opportunity to differentiate yourself as an independent thinker because I cannot recall a topic in which the three of you have not expressed identical opinions on anything.
Do you share the same arrogant Christian views TRt does ? 

I can’t recall a topic you boys haven’t skewed from the crack of DJT rear.
(06-28-2021, 07:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Really good comparison with Cruz, I think. Soul mates. Conspiracy-driven political hacks, unable to genuinely care for people in any meaningful way. That's just the way it seems from an outsider's perspective.  Of course, Heidi and Mrs Nostradumbass would have a more intimate perspective.  It's too bad there's not a heaven because those two ladies deserve an eternity of bliss.

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

(06-27-2021, 12:19 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Haven’t you posted a fake founding father quote? 

Big Grin  
you’re a hack.

I read it. The quote was accurate and you lied about. You also lied about me disappearing for a few days because of the quote. Two lies per post is an improvement for you. Now you are lying about the source of the Franklin quote. Your dishonesty really makes you a difficult person to like or respect. I find myself unable to do either.
(06-28-2021, 07:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:31 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You really are a sick, perverted individual. Your insecurity and need to be the focus of attention is a sad thing to witness.

― Mark Twain

― [b]Mark Twain[/b]

(06-27-2021, 12:38 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Have I or are you deliberately lying again? There are many fake quotes floating around the internet. Posting one is understandable and forgivable. Posting a fake quote and not acknowledging the mistake when it is pointed out to you is a character weakness.

I read it. The quote was accurate and you lied about. You also lied about me disappearing for a few days because of the quote. Two lies per post is an improvement for you. Now you are lying about the source of the Franklin quote. Your dishonesty really makes you a difficult person to like or respect. I find myself unable to do either.
Don’t worry I won’t lose any sleep. I don’t like you and could care less how you feel about me.  Your treatment of the Franklin quote is you in a nutshell; Modify anything to fit your myopic worldview and your political hacktivism.
(06-28-2021, 07:40 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:42 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Damn…you’re trying hard to cover for these dim points of your buddies.  

Don’t worry I won’t lose any sleep. I don’t like you and could care less how you feel about me.  Your treatment of the Franklin quote is you in a nutshell; Modify anything to fit your myopic worldview and your political hacktivism.
Good night. You really are a waste of anybody's time who responds to your lies. I would be worried if you did like me. Liars generally don't like being called out in public as often as it happens to you every single day that you post here.
(06-28-2021, 07:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If you are referring to the Franklin quote on security and liberty, then you have been caught in another lie. The quote I cited was accurate. Are you lying again or are you referring to a different Franklin quote?
Good night. You really are a waste of anybody's time who responds to your lies. I would be worried if you did like me. Liars generally don't like being called out in public as often as it happens to you every single day that you post here.
Right. Big Grin 

liars ignore people who call them out and then take their ball and run away like children.
My contention is that we are all athiests.  TRT, Jet, Granny... ALL OF US.  I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you begin to understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I must dismiss yours. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-28-2021, 06:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The existence of God cannot be disproven and the intelligence of a human being has no bearing on faith. I do not believe, as some do, that posting the opinions of celebrities and experts that match my own opinions would somehow validate those opinions. There are and have been throughout history many people who have believed in God and many who have not believed in God. It is easy to find websites created by atheists to persuade readers that they are smarter than people who believe in God and those websites often contain long lists of quotes of famous atheists. 

I personally find avowed atheists the most arrogant people on the planet. I understand those who have doubts about the existence of God and describe themselves as agnostics, but the kind of hubris required to slam the door shut on the possibility that God exists boggles my mind.

However, I did find the following quote of Sir Isaac Newton, who many scientists consider the greatest scientist in the history of the world, which addresses the topic of this thread. Newton believed, as I do, that the end of times has been incorrectly predicted many times in history by people who were certain that all of the signs were there, only to be proven wrong. I believe that the end of times will be here before anybody realizes that it has arrived. Newton spent a lot of time thinking about the end of times but never actually settled on a year.

Quote:The 2300 years do not end before the year 2132 nor after 2370.

The time times & half time do not end before 2060..... It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast.

Isaac Newton
Quooter I know one prediction that fell on it' face. TRT and the other 2 Clowns predicted the King would win 2 terms and Pence would get the other 2 terms. Dammmmm if you Clowns missed that one.

(06-28-2021, 07:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If you are referring to the Franklin quote on security and liberty, then you have been caught in another lie. The quote I cited was accurate. Are you lying again or are you referring to a different Franklin quote?
Quooter Gone how many times have I to posted that ?
^^Atheists do not believe in any God or gods, so your contention that all of us are atheists because all of us do not believe in most gods is wrong by definition.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next