Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Army(Blackwater USA) getting kicked out of Iraq
Unless the Bush administration can figure a way to keep them in Iraq.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20819065/
They will come in under a new name or sub-contractor.

I know most don't like them and what some involved with them done was completely wrong and un-defendable BUT they are by far the best in the world at what they do whether you like what they do or not.......
To me, private army's are nothing but mercenaries. I think that they should be tried in Iraq's courts. If it is legal for foreign goverments to put private armys on other countries soil, then what happens when Iran or someone puts their "private armies" on American soil? Will they be expelled from our country or tried in our courts?

If they are a private security force, then wouldn't they be the same as security guards in this country? What would happen if a member of Pinkerton security shot and killed innocent people on the street trying to stop a bank robbery? Police in this country can be tried for murder for shooting unarmed people. I know things are different in Iraq than they are over here. I just dont think our standards should be lowered. Our troops who are over in Iraq gets tried in court marshals for less than what the "private army" are doing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:To me, private army's are nothing but mercenaries. I think that they should be tried in Iraq's courts. If it is legal for foreign goverments to put private armys on other countries soil, then what happens when Iran or someone puts their "private armies" on American soil? Will they be expelled from our country or tried in our courts?

If they are a private security force, then wouldn't they be the same as security guards in this country? What would happen if a member of Pinkerton security shot and killed innocent people on the street trying to stop a bank robbery? Police in this country can be tried for murder for shooting unarmed people. I know things are different in Iraq than they are over here. I just dont think our standards should be lowered. Our troops who are over in Iraq gets tried in court marshals for less than what the "private army" are doing.
I agree 100%!
These guys are trained for this so I won't second guess their judgement. I will however say if you take security away from our contractors, you better find a way to rebuild the country yourself.
Fenix Wrote:These guys are trained for this so I won't second guess their judgement. I will however say if you take security away from our contractors, you better find a way to rebuild the country yourself.

Yes, they are trained for it. All that I have read up on them states they are mostly former military. That still doesnt put them above our laws or in the case in Iraq, Iraq's laws either. They really shouldnt be put above our troops we have over there now. Our troops are in the same hostile territory that Blackwater was in. Yet they just get deported for being in a firefight whereas our troops get brig time. Where is the justice in that considering they are most likely making 3 or 4 times the money our troops are receiving?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Yes, they are trained for it. All that I have read up on them states they are mostly former military. That still doesnt put them above our laws or in the case in Iraq, Iraq's laws either. They really shouldnt be put above our troops we have over there now. Our troops are in the same hostile territory that Blackwater was in. Yet they just get deported for being in a firefight whereas our troops get brig time. Where is the justice in that considering they are most likely making 3 or 4 times the money our troops are receiving?

I think this is more of a reflection on the way our troops are treated badly, rather than the way private armies are put above our troops. Our troops make very little money for doing something the majority of us wouldn't and I respect them greatly for it. I feel they're underpaid, reprimanded when they shouldn't be, and not even given the proper respect and support from their own people.
If our troops had done this they would be placed before a military court marshall. If Blackwater USA does it(for tens of thousands more dollars than a US Soldier) there are no trials and no justice. These guys are counter productive to achieving peace and ending this war.