Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SV 90 P'Ville 86
Heck of a ballgame..
Two OT's, SLone had around 50. Wish I could have been there.
what a GREAT game!! slone had 51....I'll get stats in a minute.
Alrighty then lol..
Players of game.....Slone and Tackett

Shelby Valley
Tackett - 27 (11-15 FT)
Riddle -17
Friend - 18
Beltley -12
Johnson - 9
Branham -1
Jackson -2

Painstville
Slone - 51 points
Grimm -14
Vanhoose - 14
Hensley - 5
Stafordd -3
I wish I could have been there..
Great game by both teams.. Nice senior leadership from Valley. Patrick and Kelsey really wanted it.

Slone is impressive.
Great game!!!Valiant effort by the "highly criticized" young Paintsville team.
Honestly , Paintsville made fewer "Freshman" mistakes than Valley , and although the Tigers had the "Most Dangerous Weapon" , Valley pulled through with the larger stockpile of weapons.
Nicely put tut-tut
Maybe this performance will shut the critics up about Paintsville, I told everyone that this game would be a HECK of a game but noone was giving Paintsville a chance cause they are "young" and "inexperienced", that's all hogwash, and I wonder if any of those who were dogging me about putting Paintsville as the #3 team in the region got anything to say now, this should shut em up.

Great effort Tigers, you showed alot of people what you are capable of tonight, it might not of came out the way we wanted it to but you boys showed you can play with ANYONE when you come out ready to play.

To Matt Hensley, thanks for the memories you made this year, lol, there were definately some good ones, good luck in baseball.

To the "Baby Tigers" who will be Sophomores next year, work hard this offseason and come out and run thru this region next year like you should, shut everyone up.

Kevin Williams, you suprised alot this year, you don't even know how much you have improved from last season, lets see that same improvement for next year, you should dominate the post for sure next sure.

Congrats Valley on a hard fought victory, but I wouldn't keep them big heads you had before tonight, you wont last much longer if you do.
Good post BD.
I must say i am really impresed with the showing of the Tigers...they put up a fight with IMO the best team in the region right now and this was without Bundy
Slone is simply amazing, 51 points is unheard of for a FRESHMAN... ppl watch out for these Tigers in the future they are going to be something special...But great win Valley, Patrick had a great game and scored his 1000 point...Friend relaly stepped it up and also IMO he is the most talented player in the region when he wants to be
great win wildcats...good luck the rest of the way in the region tourny and congrats to the Tigers on a heck of a season!
just wish i would have been there to watch this one...
Slone was amazing tonight!
He's going 2 be one heck of a ball player 2 watch in the years 2 come.

I thought Friend took over the game tonight for valley, he really stepped up when he needed 2....
Wow. I couldnt believe that score when I saw it. Very impressive play by Slone, he could be the best player next year in the region as a sophomore. Way to go Valley. You all must have played a great game. I wish I could have seen this one.

Good luck Valley in the next round. Great season for Paintsville, Im sure you all will be back next year.
Paintsville's overall record definately doesn't show how good this team really is.
Congrats to Shelby Valley. I'm just glad I saw the best game of the regional tournament. It will be very hard to top this one.

If Kevin Williams doesn't foul out, Paintsville wins. Patrick Tackett got not one, but 2 rebounds over Williams' sub and put the ball back in.

I could not believe what I heard in the Paintsville stands. Someon actually blamed Shane Grim for the loss because he missed the second of 2 free throws which would have won the game for Paintsville. You gotta be kiddin'. If Grim wouldn't have done such a great job on Bentley, it would have been over early. Bentley had to work his but off for everything he got. Keep your head up Shane. You played one fantastic ball game and I'm very proud of you.

Landon Slone, wow. Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: This kid is a freshman????? He sure does not play like one. This kid is GOOD. If he grows a couple of inches......
Congratulations to SV.. and congratulations to the Slone kid for scoring 51. I can get over this kid is only a freshman.. Things look good for Paintsville future..
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Congrats to Shelby Valley. I'm just glad I saw the best game of the regional tournament. It will be very hard to top this one.

If Kevin Williams doesn't foul out, Paintsville wins. Patrick Tackett got not one, but 2 rebounds over Williams' sub and put the ball back in.

I could not believe what I heard in the Paintsville stands. Someon actually blamed Shane Grim for the loss because he missed the second of 2 free throws which would have won the game for Paintsville. You gotta be kiddin'. If Grim wouldn't have done such a great job on Bentley, it would have been over early. Bentley had to work his but off for everything he got. Keep your head up Shane. You played one fantastic ball game and I'm very proud of you.

Landon Slone, wow. Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: This kid is a freshman????? He sure does not play like one. This kid is GOOD. If he grows a couple of inches......

How could they blame Grimm.. The kid had a ton of pressure on him, and if he hadn't hit the first one then it would have been over then. Some people.. :roll:
Grimm did a good thing in sending the game into overtime...He too, is a heck of a player for a freshman
Dont doubt this Paintsville tema either just becasue of their record, they showed how good they really are!
Other freethrows where missed.....gave up a couple of rebounds when Valley missed from the line...I could go on and on.....You should" NEVER" single out one thing that "could have" changed a games outcome because I guarantee that there is always more than one.
Ugly win, but I'll take it...
im going to go out on a limb here and say Paintsville will have 3 straight trips to rupp after this year.
That is a likely , However; Mitchell , Big John & Cade may saw your limb off next year.
Landon Slone's performance tonight was overall, one of the best single-game performances I've ever seen. He was a one-man wrecking crew. Just when you thought Valley was going to run away with the game Slone and the Tigers had an answer. SV had no way of stopping Slone. He scored at his own will. Talk about one force to reckon with come his senior year.

What a valiant effort by the Tigers tonight as they never gave up. No one thought they had a chance. Good job by the Tigers and they will be the team to beat next season. Unbelievable.

My hat goes off to Patrick Tackett of SV. This kid has a ton of heart and determination to play the game. You won't find many players that will do what he done tonight. He deserved to play another game. Congrats to Shelby Valley as they move on to play the Blackcats of P-burg.
Im proud of our boys for playing their hearts out in this game. Everyone seemed to be putting them down, and they come out and played a heck of a ball game. Like Bill_Don said, maybe a few of you that criticized will wish they hadnt posted some of their comments.

I would also like to wish SV the best of luck through the rest of the tournament.
What a game!! I only watched the last quater and the 2 ot but they were great!! Slone played amazing.. congrats to both teams on a great game!
It is a crime that Valley won this one, I was there, I'm still amazed, and the worst call of the season took place in this one... they called a floor foul when Bentley fouled Grimm at the end of the first OT, with roughly ONE second left, and the kid was obviously flinging the thing towards the basket before he got pummelled, I mean for god's sake, what was he going to do dribble it with 1 second left?
Congrats Valley, P-ville had a lot of oppurtunities and didn't convert.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:It is a crime that Valley won this one, I was there, I'm still amazed, and the worst call of the season took place in this one... they called a floor foul when Bentley fouled Grimm at the end of the first OT, with roughly ONE second left, and the kid was obviously flinging the thing towards the basket before he got pummelled, I mean for god's sake, what was he going to do dribble it with 1 second left?
I seen that foul on WYMT and I thought forsure that he was getting 3...That was a dumb call
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:It is a crime that Valley won this one, I was there, I'm still amazed, and the worst call of the season took place in this one... they called a floor foul when Bentley fouled Grimm at the end of the first OT, with roughly ONE second left, and the kid was obviously flinging the thing towards the basket before he got pummelled, I mean for god's sake, what was he going to do dribble it with 1 second left?

I was wondering the same thing when they said he was shooting 1 and the bonus.. Because I thought he was shooting when they fouled him and he would get 3 freethrows.. bc I didnt think he would still be dribbling when time ran out