Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden Executive Order Shutting Down Keystone
The EO ending construction of the Keystone Pipeline wastes 20 years of construction materials, land acquisitions/fees, and labor costs; and results in the loss of at least 8.000 UNION jobs. And who knows but what the taxpayer will be forced now to pay for the demolition of the work already done? The ultimate irony is that many of these unions actively supported the Biden campaign. Are we learning anything yet?

I would like to sum all this up in just stating the old 'elections have consequences' cliche. But to do so I would have to have a higher level of confidence in our system of elections in the first place. IMHO those 8 thousand jobs are just the tip of the iceberg. And I do mean ice-berg. To illustrate, where is all this heading? Turning our backs on fossil fuels with no viable affordable alternatives in place, will ultimately destroy our economy and decimate the American lifestyle. Even in the rosiest La-La Land scenario wind and solar are not dependable alternatives for places with climates such as the Ohio Valley, where the gloom sets in during the fall and does not dissipate until spring.

For the average American who's just trying to keep a roof over his family's head, the renewable energy push to come gets a bit more basic. The real poison pill to heating homes during the transition off of natural gas for example, in areas like the Ohio Valley, is in the nuts and bolts reality of heat pump or base board heat. I mean you can talk solar all you want, but using electricity to heat boils down to convection heat or heat pumps. I tried to heat my home using a heat pump in the 70's and I can tell you it doesn't work well at all. Heat pumps only work when the outside temp is above 35 degrees. And even then pumps have to run continually to try to keep up, (which the air coming out of the registers btw still feels cold, especially starting in the evening until the sun gets high the next day which for the OV, is almost never) Back then I had a wood burning fireplace to supplement during such times. The green agenda wing nuts of our day will never allow one to pollute the atmosphere with wood smoke. So very soon I would predict the people can kiss that luxury off as well.

But most of the time the HP unit's electric heat strips have to bear the majority of the demand, at GREAT cost. Not to mention the breakdowns, gas leaks and defrost board issues are an oft occurrence. But there are only two options really, electric and geothermal. With electric one could conceivably still use existing duct work though, you're still looking at big bucks for a heat pump.  With baseboard heat you're talking big bucks for the baseboard heater installation which other than being continually expensive to operate, is very ugly. And unhealthy due to the associated maladies attributable to the incredibly arid conditions they created inside of any home. Whole house humidification systems might work to counteract the detrimental arid effects for the first season after the initial installation. But just because they are expensive to install does not mean that they are not fraught with performance issues as they don't work well, or at all after that first heating season.

Geothermal is likely only an option for selectively few homes and again, an expensive installation. The outside lateral lines use up enormously long runs which would intersect other in-city underground utilities. City lots are notoriously small and don't offer enough lot size in any case. And the in-house piping systems are invasive to understate to no small degree. So the renewable energy thing may sound all that, but all you get is strip heat or cold air blowing (at times) off a heat pump. And either case is very expensive to operate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ttt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Buyers' remorse came quickly for the thousands of union workers whose jobs Biden destroyed with the stroke of a pen. Canadians are not too happy with him either. As gas prices soar, millions of Americans will feel the pipeline workers' pain as well.
(01-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Buyers' remorse came quickly for the thousands of union workers whose jobs Biden destroyed with the stroke of a pen. Canadians are not too happy with him either. As gas prices soar, millions of Americans will feel the pipeline workers' pain as well.
How is the Canadians oil getting refined now ? Or is it still in the ground
And how will this effect gas prices since the Turd said we was energy dependent ?
And don't give me excuses about the republican party after 40 years of killing union jobs and fighting against people trying to form unions
Amen. Should have never started the project. It was wrong and another way of propping up the fossil fuel industry when it is dying.
(01-26-2021, 05:13 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Buyers' remorse came quickly for the thousands of union workers whose jobs Biden destroyed with the stroke of a pen. Canadians are not too happy with him either. As gas prices soar, millions of Americans will feel the pipeline workers' pain as well.
And how will this effect gas prices since the Turd said we was energy dependent ?
And don't give me excuses about the republican party after 40 years of killing union jobs and fighting against people trying to form unions

Of course my own career could never compete with that of a miner. But there are buildings and various other structures at the commercial and industrial levels which I either built or supervised, that literally changed the skyline around here.

I've tried to reason with people like you for far longer than 40 years. People who think like a thug from the 1930's, like everybody's supposed to be afraid of them. And who never knew what they were talking about their whole working lives. Republicans have never done a thing to hurt unions. That kind of talk is baseless baloney.

Biden said we were going to abandon the use of fossil fuels altogether, and he said he would immediately ban fracking. THE reason natural gas prices (that's a fossil fuel BTW) have remained low is because thanks to fracking, there is an abundance of natural gas. Now you need more of an explanation or are you just shooting your mouth off as usual?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-26-2021, 05:33 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Amen.  Should have never started the project.  It was wrong and another way of propping up the fossil fuel industry when it is dying.

The 'project' was started in 2008. Obama ring a bell?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-26-2021, 05:57 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Of course my own career could never compete with that of a miner. But there are buildings and various other structures at the commercial and industrial levels which I either built or supervised, that literally changed the skyline around here.

I've tried to reason with people like you for far longer than 40 years. People who think like a thug from the 1930's, like everybody's supposed to be afraid of them. And who never knew what they were talking about their whole working lives. Republicans have never done a thing to hurt unions. That kind of talk is baseless baloney.

Biden said we were going to abandon the use of fossil fuels altogether, and he said he would immediately ban fracking. THE reason natural gas prices (that's a fossil fuel BTW) have remained low is because thanks to fracking, there is an abundance of natural gas. Now you need more of an explanation or are you just shooting your mouth off as usual?
"Republicans have never done a thing to hurt unions."
You sure about that ?

Opinion | Why the Republican Party Wants to Destroy Labor Unions (commondreams.org)

(01-26-2021, 05:59 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 05:33 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Amen.  Should have never started the project.  It was wrong and another way of propping up the fossil fuel industry when it is dying.

The 'project' was started in 2008. Obama ring a bell?
Didn't Obama take office in jan 20th 2009
And you still dodged the question is the oil still in the ground or how are they having it refined
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1

Is it not amazing how liberals who claim to be union supporters consistently vote for open borders Democrats like Pedo Biden and flood the country with cheap, illegal labor? And is it not strange how they seem to ignore the impact of policies like anti-fracking, anti-drilling, and anti-pipeline policies drive up energy costs? Have you notice how they like to parrot wealthy liberals like Jeff Bezos, despite Amazon's anti-union activities? Whoever trained them to vote Democrat, no matter what, has done a masterful job of mental puppetry.
(01-26-2021, 07:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Is it not amazing how liberals who claim to be union supporters consistently vote for open borders Democrats like Pedo Biden and flood the country with cheap, illegal labor? And is it not strange how they seem to ignore the impact of policies like anti-fracking, anti-drilling, and anti-pipeline policies drive up energy costs? Have you notice how they like to parrot wealthy liberals like Jeff Bezos, despite Amazon's anti-union activities? Whoever trained them to vote Democrat, no matter what, has done a masterful job of mental puppetry.
And your party are pro union Quooter you know better than this
(01-26-2021, 08:49 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

And your party are pro union Quooter you know better than this
Controlling this country's borders does more for workers tan anything Joe Biden will ever do for them. Democrats know that poor people who do not work are easier fooled into voting for them.

Biden said that he would ban new fracking on federal land, not that he would immediately ban fracking.  BIG difference there.

LOL, isn't that the truth? Most union guys just pick a side because initially they couldn't stand up to the mocking they would get from the brotherhood. Many brothers of the trades talk one way at work and at the hall and secretly vote Republican. People like vector can't be bothered with anything that runs any deeper than that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-26-2021, 09:02 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Biden said that he would ban new fracking on federal land, not that he would immediately ban fracking.  BIG difference there.

That's not the way I see it Outsider---
https://www.facebook.com/officialteamtru...441337060/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hell of a source, TRT. A Falsebook page supporting a seditionist that hates the Constitution.
(01-27-2021, 07:51 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Hell of a source, TRT.  A Falsebook page supporting a seditionist that hates the Constitution.

If you're typing, you're lying. The source is a compilation of Biden clips. It was him, and he said what he said. The clips aren't doctored or edited, and your diversion is pure monkey puke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-27-2021, 07:51 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Hell of a source, TRT.  A Falsebook page supporting a seditionist that hates the Constitution.
Biden was the source. He challenged Trump to put the videos of him promising to end fracking online and Trump did so. What's your beef? Are you claiming that Biden did not promise to end fracking or are you claiming that he did end fracking? Or are you denying that he promised to do both during the same campaign? Trust your eyes and ears and stop acting like a fool.
Oh no.
I was criticizing the source.

There had to be something better than that. Big Grin

I know what Biden said. I have no problem with it.
He won’t be around long enough to end fracking but anything ending reliance on fossil fuels.
Practical forms of alternative energy are for the most part non-existent. The Obama administration poured  BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars down the green energy rat hole.  And then laughed about it. In 2014 Obama appointed Uncle Joe to the position of green energy jobs training czar. Uncle Joe then proceeded to run through 10's of millions more in taxpayer dollars to train people in these areas.

Then according to Liz MacDonald guess what happened? Nothing. The administration inside joke was "train and pray" the jobs would come. There were no green jobs, and there are no green jobs because the existing green energy applications account for only 3% of total US energy consumption. Fossil fuels account for 80% of US consumption. Nuclear 8 - 9 %. The category breakdown of the remaining 11% of energy usage according to 'The Center for Sustainable Renewables' U of MI, goes as follows.

Wind power -  23.8%
Geothermal -  1.8%
Solar            -  9.1%

Hydroelectric      21.7%
Biomass              43.5%
                    ----------------
                    100%  = 11% of total US usage      
http://css.umich.edu/factsheets/us-renew...-factsheet

Hydroelectrical power is hardly new, it's an old technology tucked in there to make renewables sound stronger. And let's face it, renewables need a boost to seem credible. But the real force behind so-called renewables is biomass. They mix wood and tires and anything else that will burn out of landfills. But like coal and fossil fuels, biomass renewables are just fuel that can be burned to convert heat to energy just like the cavemen supposedly did it. Fire.

But you gotta love how they couch their triumphs in the renewables field. Added together, actual renewables amount to only a little more than 3% of total US energy consumption. Wind power is king in that 3%, but lands with sustained winds are a rate commodity in the USA. By far the best wind bet is offshore wind farms. Which relegates wind power usage to the coastal areas. But the wind farms require vast real estate, so that's a problem. Solar is next but the initial costs are a big deal for the average home owner.

Now, MR Nadler. If you want to know my idea of a myth, the renewables energy field would do nicely for a definition.

But not to be deterred. Climate czar John Kerry is back in there doing his thing. He says the poor slobs who're losing so many jobs will find that their new job in the green energy arena will be much better. Right John. It's just waiting for those jobs to get here is what hurts so bad I guess?

MEMORY LANE--
Here is the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY list of rat hole renewable energy expenditures from the Obama era.  Permanent green jobs added-- still looking but there just has to be some out there somewhere.

SPECTRAWATT                                                                                                   500 MILLION
SOLYNDRA                                                                                                         535 M
BEACON POWER                                                                                                   43 M
NEVADA GEOTHERMAL                                                                                        98.5 M
SUN POWER                                                                                                         1.2 BILLION
FIRST SOLAR                                                                                                        1.5 B
BABCOCK AND BROWN                                                                                         178 M
ENERDEL'S                                                                                                           118.5 M
AMONIX                                                                                                                  5.9 M
FISKER AUTO                                                                                                       529  M
ABOUND SOLAR                                                                                                   400 M
A123 SYSTEMS                                                                                                     279 M
WILLARD AND KELSEY SOLAR                                                                               800 THOUSAND
JOHNSON CONTROLS                                                                                           299 M
BRIGHTSOURCE                                                                                                      1.6 B
ECOTALITY                                                                                                          126.2 M
RASER TECHNOLOGIES                                                                                           33 M
ENERGY CONVERSIONS DEVICES                                                                             13.3 M
MOUNTAIN PLAZA                                                                                                    2 M
OLSEN'S CORP                                                                                                        10 M
RANGE FUELS                                                                                                         80 M
THOMPSON RIVER POWER                                                                                        6.5 M
STIRLING ENERGY                                                                                                    7 M
AZURE DYNAMICS                                                                                                    5.4 M
GREEN VOLTS                                                                                                       500 THOU
LG CHEMICAL                                                                                                        151 M
NORDIC WINDPOWER                                                                                              16 M
NAVISTAR                                                                                                               39 M
SATCON                                                                                                                    3 M
KONARKA TECH                                                                                                       20 M
MASCOMA CORP                                                                                                     100 M
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-27-2021, 09:05 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Oh no.
I was criticizing the source. 

There had to be something better than that.  Big Grin

I know what Biden said.  I have no problem with it. 
He won’t be around long enough to end fracking but anything ending reliance on fossil fuels.

Something I've always noticed. When people lie they seem to think laughing about it somehow mitigates the situation for them. I don't agree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TRT, the govt wastes money daily on trash that does nothing, but fatten wallets.

Your entire list doesn’t add up the taxpayer dollars spent in the F35 that will be obsolete upon completion.

At the very least the intent of these projects and investments were to find ways to improve renewable energy. IMO that is a much more commendable use of my tax dollars.

I’ve found some people are stuck in the past.
(01-28-2021, 06:50 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: TRT, the govt wastes money daily on trash that does nothing, but fatten wallets.

Your entire list doesn’t add up the taxpayer dollars spent in the F35 that will be obsolete upon completion.

At the very least the intent of these projects and investments were to find ways to improve renewable energy.  IMO that is a much more commendable use of my tax dollars.

Quooter and TRT are made from the same people who b!tched when the automobile came out they still wanted there horse and buggies
I will say one thing about Preside Biden he has just about undone everything Trump done in 8 days
So much for Sleepy Joe
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-28-2021, 06:50 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: TRT, the govt wastes money daily on trash that does nothing, but fatten wallets.

At the very least the intent of these projects and investments were to find ways to improve renewable energy.  IMO that is a much more commendable use of my tax dollars.

You really ought to stick with pitching for something you know a little about, like gender neutrality.

The F35 is a fifth generation fighter. It is not obsolete, it is in fact along with the F22 a cutting edge fighter.

The renewable energy field represents 3 percent Cardfan. What do you propose that the other 97% of US industry, hospitals, schools, factories, restaurants, services, home owners, home renters and etc., go do with themselves, enjoy a nice hike in the forest? I mean the stupidity of suddenly ending fracking and trying to regulate fossil fuels out of existence defies explanation.

China is laughing their selves into a coma right now. The common man over there might not have a lot to brag about, but even in a communist country people are allowed to heat their homes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-28-2021, 07:52 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Quooter and TRT are made from the same people who b!tched when the automobile came out they still wanted there horse and buggies
I will say one thing about Preside Biden he has just about undone everything Trump done in 8 days
So much for Sleepy Joe

Nothing you've said to date makes one lick of sense or has one iota of truth to it. Who really cares what you say?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-28-2021, 11:32 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

You really ought to stick with pitching for something you know a little about, like gender neutrality.

The F35 is a fifth generation fighter. It is not obsolete, it is in fact along with the F22 a cutting edge fighter.

The renewable energy field represents 3 percent Cardfan. What do you propose that the other 97% of US industry, hospitals, schools, factories, restaurants, services, home owners, home renters and etc., go do with themselves, enjoy a nice hike in the forest? I mean the stupidity of suddenly ending fracking and trying to regulate fossil fuels out of existence defies explanation.

China is laughing their selves into a coma right now. The common man over there might not have a lot to brag about, but even in a communist country people are allowed to heat their homes.

who needs a multi trillion dollar fighter against thousands of drones? 

Yes, China is laughing at you and your antiquated ideas.  

Renewable energy is an emerging industry.  Sorry you can’t get your mind around the change, TRT.

Fossil fuels have had a grip on the world too long.
And while I'm thinking about wasting money as you put it Cardfan. All the money the US Energy Dept dropped kicked off the bankruptcy cliff as listed above, would have bought 800 brand new sparkling F35's. But in a liberal's mind it's okay for Dems to flat out squander vast sums of taxpayer money, but it's not okay to defend ourselves in this very dangerous world in which we live. ABTW, did Xi not just call Uncle Joe and dare him to challenge China in any way, or would you care to take a shot at real time revision in that case too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-29-2021, 12:05 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 11:32 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

who needs a multi trillion dollar fighter against thousands of drones? 

Yes, China is laughing at you and your antiquated ideas.  

Renewable energy is an emerging industry.  Sorry you can’t get your mind around the change, TRT.

Fossil fuels have had a grip on the world too long.

Idiotic  AFTR the entire program is expected to use 1.5 Trillion across it's 55 year lifespan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok, so like always there is so much to clean up in this thread. You all bounce from topic to topic in each thread. So lets go to the unions. Hoot and TRT how does right to work strengthen unions?

So dealing with jobs, Biden's idea with producing cars with lithium batteries (just an idea that is point, but was on his platform, think of it was Trump Building a wall, therefore, I personally do not put stock into it, but none the less it is his platform). This idea is suppossed to have the effect of 1 million new jobs).

In the idea of government spending to prop up companies, the defense department probably would like to weigh in on this topic.

In the idea of government leading scientific research, I give you NASA.

In the pipeline, is it not true the pipeline would cut across the heartland of the US where the food supply is mostly grown. If there was a leak in that area what does it do to the US?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr.fundamental's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-29-2021, 11:56 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Ok, so like always there is so much to clean up in this thread. You all bounce from topic to topic in each thread. So lets go to the unions. Hoot and TRT how does right to work strengthen unions?

So dealing with jobs, Biden's idea with producing cars with lithium batteries (just an idea that is point, but was on his platform, think of it was Trump Building a wall, therefore, I personally do not put stock into it, but none the less it is his platform). This idea is suppossed to have the effect of 1 million new jobs).

In the idea of government spending to prop up companies, the defense department probably would like to weigh in on this topic.

In the pipeline, is it not true the pipeline would cut across the heartland of the US where the food supply is mostly grown. If there was a leak in that area what does it do to the US?
It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

They are not in there right minds
(01-29-2021, 12:29 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 11:56 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Ok, so like always there is so much to clean up in this thread. You all bounce from topic to topic in each thread. So lets go to the unions. Hoot and TRT how does right to work strengthen unions?

It doesn't matter what you can say if the Dear Leader gives it the OK then TRT and Quooter will kiss the ring

They are not in there right minds
I see that you once again have nothing to contribute to the thread except for insults. At least you are consistent.