Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 38 Kentucky County Day 7 (Class A Championship)
Final
Paintsville Kings of 1A!

Great job to Cherico and Company on where they’ve taken this program!

We Are Paintsville!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blue_Bird96's post:
  • MountainMamba, Woodrow F. Call
Proud of the Tigers. Congratulations!
Congrats!
Congrats Tigers!
Congratulations Paintsville Tigers, KHSAA Class 1A State CHAMPIONS!

Congratulations to everyone involved. Thanks for bringing Joy and a big trophy to Eastern Kentucky!

Salute!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MtnHSFootballFan's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Congratulations Tigers!!
Congratulations Paintsville! I'm glad to see y'all win your first championship.
Brining the hardware back to the real ville! Great season Tigers! These men have been through it all this season. Something these guys will remember forever. Congrats to Coach Chirico on a well deserved State Championship! Now get back to town so we can PARTY! Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMamba's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Proud of all the players on the Paintsville team and the way they played!! But I have lost all respect for the head coach for not putting subs in the last of the game. They may never have another chance to play in a championship again. They will remember how they were done the rest of their lives!!! I sure hope the head coach sleeps well!! He sure never awarded the players that came to all the practices every day . All of the players need to be very proud of their team!!!!!!!
Happy for Paintsville!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
Amazing accomplishment for the Tigers. JC won a championship last year and now Paintsville gets their first championship this year. Great things are happening in Johnson County!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
Congratulations Tigers!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Congrats Paintsville!
Thrilled for these boys and coach Chirico. Well deserved.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Woodrow F. Call
Congratulations to Paintsville.
Congrats Paintsville!!
I am so Happy!
(12-18-2020, 04:22 PM)baller55 Wrote: Proud of all the players on the Paintsville team and the way they played!! But I have lost all respect for the head coach for not putting subs in the last of the game. They may never have another chance to play in a championship again. They will remember how they were done the rest of their lives!!!  I sure hope the head coach sleeps well!! He sure never awarded the players that came to all the practices every day . All of the players need to be very proud of their team!!!!!!!
I’m sure that ALL of the boys will be happy they won a state championship considering their motto is WE not ME. I’m also sure they felt rewarded seeing their trophy.
Very likely Joe Chirico will not lose any sleep from losing your respect!  Just be happy with the win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 65dragon's post:
  • BigBlue2010
(12-18-2020, 04:22 PM)baller55 Wrote: Proud of all the players on the Paintsville team and the way they played!! But I have lost all respect for the head coach for not putting subs in the last of the game. They may never have another chance to play in a championship again. They will remember how they were done the rest of their lives!!!  I sure hope the head coach sleeps well!! He sure never awarded the players that came to all the practices every day . All of the players need to be very proud of their team!!!!!!!
I'm not involved with Paintsville, but no coach should pull his starters, or seniors in a championship game. They earned let them see it throw. If the young guys want to play on the field then hit the weights, get better and earn your way like those starters did. No lost of respect. It's most of the starters final high school game you don't pull them. The young guys get a ring and still have a chance to go. Congrats to Paintsville players and coaches you earned it.
[-] The following 2 users Like foozeball80's post:
  • 65dragon, Blue_Bird96
Go Tigers!
(12-18-2020, 06:03 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
I'm not involved with Paintsville, but no coach should pull his starters, or seniors in a championship game. They earned let them see it throw. If the young guys want to play on the field then hit the weights, get better and earn your way like those starters did. No lost of respect. It's most of the starters final high school game you don't pull them. The young guys get a ring and still have a chance to go. Congrats to Paintsville players and coaches you earned it.
Some of them were seniors that played during the year! NO EXCUSE!
I will agree seniors in a blow out should of got in, but I've watched this every year with other teams, and it is what is. Some coaches get lost in the moment. I'm not backing coaches not giving senors a chance, and I don't know the circumstances, but I do stand by what I said with underclassmen
(12-18-2020, 06:15 PM)baller55 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 06:03 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
Some of them were seniors that played during the year! NO EXCUSE!
Is your teams coach perfect? I have no idea what team your a fan of but everyone makes mistakes. Be happy for their team at Paintsville and let it go.
Haha what does it matter. You won. Football ain’t a feelings contest. It doesn’t matter who got in and who didn’t at this level. This is what’s wrong with kids these days. Congrats Pres.....I mean Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(12-18-2020, 06:39 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Haha what does it matter. You won.  Football ain’t a feelings contest. It doesn’t matter who got in and who didn’t at this level.  This is what’s wrong with kids these days. Congrats Pres.....I mean Paintsville.
“Pburg kids” have attended Paintsville since they were in 8th grade. I think it’s safe to say they are tigers now.
[-] The following 3 users Like 65dragon's post:
  • BigBlue2010, Josiewales, MountainMamba
(12-18-2020, 06:55 PM)65dragon Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 06:39 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Haha what does it matter. You won.  Football ain’t a feelings contest. It doesn’t matter who got in and who didn’t at this level.  This is what’s wrong with kids these days. Congrats Pres.....I mean Paintsville.
“Pburg kids” have attended Paintsville since they were in 8th grade. I think it’s safe to say they are tigers now.
Hard to believe that some of these posters are “adults”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodrow F. Call's post:
  • 65dragon
Anyone who says they lost respect for a coach like Cherico obviously didn’t respect him to begin with even though they probably acted like they did all season. This man and this coaching staff put our kids in the best possible position to win all season and that’s what we did. #WeNotMe Now let’s get behind everyone who’s responsible for this teams success, starting with the A.D. to the coaching staff and players! TIME TO CELEBRATE!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blue_Bird96's post:
  • clipperw, Woodrow F. Call
As a person from Betsy Layne that’s lost at least 20 players across football and basketball to Pikeville. Those kids chose Pikeville over Betsy Layne and why would we blame them? Betsy Layne gives their players away.

Prestonsburg gave those kids away with the program in the shape it was in and they went on to win a state championship and compete in another last year. So shut up about where the kids are from. They’ve been at Paintsville since 7-8th grade and they are Tigers.

Any post that involves that fron this point forward will be deleted. The kids just won a state championship, congratulate them and keep it moving.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 10 users Like Spud6's post:
  • 65dragon, BigBlue2010, Blue_Bird96, clipperw, Gridiron_Raid, Iam4thecats, Josiewales, MountainMamba, Westside, Woodrow F. Call
Congratulations to the Paintsville Tigers.