Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Betsy Layne Thoughts and Predictions
I'll take Pikeville by at least 3 TDs... Just too much strength and athleticism for the bobcats. But, I have respect for Betsy Layne so I hope the score doesn't get too out of hand.
betsy layne wont win 4 sure i am a big bobcat fan but the odds are 100-1 but they will score 2-3 tds at least 1 b4 the half and ill predict pikeville by 2-3 tds.................. good luck bobcats!!!
I'll have to go with Pikeville by 5'TD's in this one.
Pikeville-58
Betsy Layne-12
Pikeville 66 BL 8
pikeville, with a convincing win
I personally think that Pikeville will name the score in this one. I dont think that Pikeville will overlook BL in any way, shape, or fashion.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Pikeville - 63
Betsy Layne - 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, Pikeville will pretty much name the score in all their distrit games - the defense is just too good and the backs too athletic for this to be a game.
Pikeville should dominate this game, but let's not forget what Appalachian State taught everyone this weekend. I look for the Panthers to take care of business fairly early in this one, but they had better not overlook Betsy Layne. I trust the Pikeville coaching staff will keep the players focused all week, and Pikeville will come out on top with a lot of momentum heading into their Week 4 matchup with LexCath.

Pikeville- 56
Betsy Layne- 6
Pikeville- 46
Besty Lane- 6
I'm looking for a Panther shutout. pikevile 56 - BL 0
the defense is on fire this year.
Pikeville 49
Betsy Lane 0
i dont think it will be a shut-out, i think p-ville will get a big lead early and let some JV players get some playin time. Im sure p-ville dosent want any injuries goin into the lexcath game. 63-14
Why is this even a topic? Betsy Lane can't compete with anyone in the district. Give them a couple of years before we start these kind of topics. Pikeville 50 - Betsy Lane - 6
Didn't the H twins play for Betsy Layne back in 2003 during a varsity game? And if they are still playing are they eligible?
Pikeville - 63
Betsy Layne - 3
Cards09 Wrote:Pikeville - 63
Betsy Layne - 3

I don't see Betsy Layne kicking a field goal at any point, but I think you're right around there with your prediction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomcat52 Wrote:Didn't the H twins play for Betsy Layne back in 2003 during a varsity game? And if they are still playing are they eligible?
so many things with this question make no sense lol. I will try to answer best I can. The Honakers are originally from Bety Layne but attended their full freshamn year up to now at Pikeville. They could not have played in a Varsity game at BL because you can't play varsity in 8th grade. And yes they are eligible, why they wouldn't be I have no idea?
The Sandman Wrote:i dont think it will be a shut-out, i think p-ville will get a big lead early and let some JV players get some playin time. Im sure p-ville dosent want any injuries goin into the lexcath game. 63-14

you obviously dont know how the defense works at pikeville then hah.....they will be pushing for a shutout
Panther Thunder, Your answer is why I asked the question. You are limited to four years of varsity football yet I have been told they played as eighth graders on the varsity team in a game versus Prestonsburg. Just wondering.
Should be a numbers game for the panthers.

Pikeville- 64
Betsy Layne- 00
Pikeville - 54
Betsy Layne - 7

Depends On Pikevilles Run Game
Tomcat52 Wrote:Panther Thunder, Your answer is why I asked the question. You are limited to four years of varsity football yet I have been told they played as eighth graders on the varsity team in a game versus Prestonsburg. Just wondering.
Yes, you are limited to four years, but you can't play as an eight grader.
Panther Thunder Wrote:so many things with this question make no sense lol. I will try to answer best I can. The Honakers are originally from Bety Layne but attended their full freshamn year up to now at Pikeville. They could not have played in a Varsity game at BL because you can't play varsity in 8th grade. And yes they are eligible, why they wouldn't be I have no idea?
They are originally from Tram and went to Pikeville Elementary K-5th I think, and attended BL only during middle school.
If...Then Wrote:Pikeville - 54
Betsy Layne - 7

Depends On Pikevilles Run Game

IMO it wont be seen much. I dont think they'll want to risk injury by running all that much, and if I know the staff at Pikeville then they'll want to work on their passing game and other things theyre having "trouble" with
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Why is this even a topic? Betsy Lane can't compete with anyone in the district. Give them a couple of years before we start these kind of topics. Pikeville 50 - Betsy Lane - 6

Have you seen the district? Compete, they should come in third, possibly second. You have Pikeville (which is good), Paintsville (which ain't who they used to be), South Floyd (who all you have to do is run to the weak side of their defense), Allen Central (awful), Phelps (who is probably one of the worst teams in the state), and Betsy Layne (who isn't very good, but look at the competition). This isn't Betsy Layne in their old district of Breathitt, Whitesburg, Prestonsburg, and another random team every couple of years. This is a very weak district and besides Pikeville there should be an open and very competitive contest for the remaining district spots.
launchpad4 Wrote:Have you seen the district? Compete, they should come in third, possibly second. You have Pikeville (which is good), Paintsville (which ain't who they used to be), South Floyd (who all you have to do is run to the weak side of their defense), Allen Central (awful), Phelps (who is probably one of the worst teams in the state), and Betsy Layne (who isn't very good, but look at the competition). This isn't Betsy Layne in their old district of Breathitt, Whitesburg, Prestonsburg, and another random team every couple of years. This is a very weak district and besides Pikeville there should be an open and very competitive contest for the remaining district spots.
Agreed!!!!Good Post! Pikeville is really the only LOCK in this district!
Pikeville by ever how man times Harmon gets in the endzone-8.
I am pulling for the Bobcats to turn their football program around though.
Tomcat52 Wrote:Didn't the H twins play for Betsy Layne back in 2003 during a varsity game? And if they are still playing are they eligible?
If they did Betsy Layne is in some serious trouble....It is illegal for 8th graders to suit up with the varsity.