Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Football Discussion
Saw a couple posts about Beechwood’s stud Cameron Hergott being mentioned as Mr Football front runner  

So I figured we’d open up for discussion.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It’s hard to go against Cam right now with his resume. I feel like Dixson from Belfry and Preston from Johnson Central need some mention as well.
Dylan Preston...dominates on both sides of the ball.
Dixion from Belfry. His numbers would be ridiculous if he played more than half the game. He is averaging 14yds per carry. Every time he touches the ball is a highlight.
(12-05-2020, 03:51 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Dixion from Belfry. His numbers would be ridiculous if he played more than half the game. He is averaging 14yds per carry. Every time he touches the ball is a highlight.

He would be my #2....but he is a player.
My nominations would be.. which is limited to eastern Kentucky teams because that’s all I’ve watched besides Somerset.

Sheron - Somerset
Issac Dixon - Belfry
Preston - Johnson Central

And I think I’d take Dixon out of these three for me. Really close to picking Preston as well
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If I had a vote, it would go to Johnson Central's Dylan Preston. What more can a kid do to earn the award? Soon to be 4 straight State Championship appearances, Lead his team to another undefeated season on both sides of the ball. Just a flat out winner with huge numbers! Kid reminds me of Boyle's QB Duggins back in 1999, 2000, and 2001 that won the award.

IMO It's a shame that the voters are homers and just not enough in EKY to get him the award.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Westside, Woodrow F. Call
(12-05-2020, 04:21 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: If I had a vote, it would go to Johnson Central's Dylan Preston.  What more can a kid do to earn the award? Soon to be 4 straight State Championship appearances,  Lead his team to another undefeated season on both sides of the ball.  Just a flat out winner with huge numbers!  Kid reminds me of Boyle's QB Duggins back in 1999, 2000, and 2001 that won the award. 

IMO It's a shame that the voters are homers and just not enough in EKY to get him the award.
When was the last time a eastern KY boy won it that was very deserving?
#BBFL
(12-05-2020, 04:37 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 04:21 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: If I had a vote, it would go to Johnson Central's Dylan Preston.  What more can a kid do to earn the award? Soon to be 4 straight State Championship appearances,  Lead his team to another undefeated season on both sides of the ball.  Just a flat out winner with huge numbers!  Kid reminds me of Boyle's QB Duggins back in 1999, 2000, and 2001 that won the award. 

Not sure... Has anyone won it after Tim Couch?  For some reason I am wanting to think a kid from Evarts won it but not sure if that was before or after Couch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • HighViz
(12-05-2020, 04:43 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

Not sure... Has anyone won it after Tim Couch?  For some reason I am wanting to think a kid from Evarts won it but not sure if that was before or after Couch.

I figured for sure David Jones won but I’m not sure.

The Wikipedia list I found showed Kash Daniels winning it in 2015. I don’t remember him winning the award but I’m guessing he did.
#BBFL

Scott Russell won it at Evarts in 1991. Couch won in 1995.

(12-05-2020, 05:00 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

I figured for sure David Jones won but I’m not sure.

The Wikipedia list I found showed Kash Daniels winning it in 2015. I don’t remember him winning the award but I’m guessing he did.
Curtis Pulley won it David Jones' senior year.
Kash Daniel won Mr. Football in 2015 and was very deserving.

Preston should get some votes at the very least. Impressive all around complete football player.
J. J. Jude who holds the state record for rushing yards in a game and in a career received a single vote for Mr. Football.
It’s hard for me to believe that anybody has a bigger impact on a game than Dylan Preston. He has over 30 touchdowns this year and is probably the best defensive player on JCs team as well. Complete player that works incredibly hard.
The fact Jude didn’t win, and did not receive a single vote, pretty much made me quit even giving a rats a$$ about the award.

It’s voted on by guys that:

1. Don’t know a damn thing about football
2. Do not have the opportunity to see even half of the nominees play
3. Their main voting point is if UK offered the kid a scholly or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • campbellfield
Who does vote on it? Do we have a list?
#BBFL
I'm going with the only one I have seen play in person--- Cam Hergott.
Should require a blood test for PED'S before getting the award
(12-05-2020, 07:37 PM)Ragnar Wrote: Should require a blood test for PED'S before getting the award

I mean who you taking a shot at?
#BBFL
If Hergott continues his great play. And Beechwood wins state. I think it’s his
Dylan Preston is my top pick. Luke Sheperson from Boyle is really good and deserving. He plays both sides of the ball well. Not saw Hergott but Im sure hes as good as advertised. Trinity surely has to have someone since they are a national power.
The biggest case for Hergott is that this is a career award, and he's been one of the best players in the state since his sophomore year. Couple that with his senior season in which he racked up arguably the best stats in the state even against top competition, and it'll be tough for the voters to go against him.

Not taking away anything from any of the other candidates, but he would get my vote.

Side note, without naming names, what do you guys think the chances are that a player from Breathitt Co. gets a vote?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(12-06-2020, 12:52 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: The biggest case for Hergott is that this is a career award, and he's been one of the best players in the state since his sophomore year. Couple that with his senior season in which he racked up arguably the best stats in the state even against top competition, and it'll be tough for the voters to go against him.

Not taking away anything from any of the other candidates, but he would get my vote.

Side note, without naming names, what do you guys think the chances are that a player from Breathitt Co. gets a vote?

Zero
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Westside
(11-29-2020, 12:27 PM)BEChargers Wrote: This one should be over pretty quick.

(12-06-2020, 12:52 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: The biggest case for Hergott is that this is a career award, and he's been one of the best players in the state since his sophomore year. Couple that with his senior season in which he racked up arguably the best stats in the state even against top competition, and it'll be tough for the voters to go against him.

I made the same comment last season for Reece Smith on career numbers, having seen a couple play if Beechwood wins state Hergott should be front runner if I had a vote.
- Cam Hergott has been the best player in the State. His efficiency numbers as a duel threat QB have been off the charts and he brings it every night.

- Dylan Preston has been the epitome of Mr. Football... just grinding and producing on both sides of the ball and being the toughest player ever night.

- Isaac Dixon has been the most valuable and most electric. I have never seen a RB with his efficiency numbers. He literally had 10 straight touches of the football against 3Acompetition that ALL went for TD's.

With all that said....

This is Sheron's or Wright's award to win because the Mr. Football voters are usually the same as the AP Voters. They are going to look at the UK Commitment and see their solid stat lines on good teams and the three most deserving players will get the shaft.
(12-08-2020, 12:45 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: - Cam Hergott has been the best player in the State. His efficiency numbers as a duel threat QB have been off the charts and he brings it every night.

- Dylan Preston has been the epitome of Mr. Football... just grinding and producing on both sides of the ball and being the toughest player ever night.

- Isaac Dixon has been the most valuable and most electric. I have never seen a RB with his efficiency numbers. He literally had 10 straight touches of the football against 3Acompetition that ALL went for TD's.

With all that said....

This is Sheron's or Wright's award to win because the Mr. Football voters are usually the same as the AP Voters. They are going to look at the UK Commitment and see their solid stat lines on good teams and the three most deserving players will get the shaft.

Sheron as good as we all know he is does not deserve this years award. But you’re probably right about the Kentucky commitment getting the extra votes.  It’s rly trying to figure out a way to get BGR a vote to help elect the best candidate possible.
#BBFL
(12-05-2020, 03:51 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Dixion from Belfry. His numbers would be ridiculous if he played more than half the game. He is averaging 14yds per carry. Every time he touches the ball is a highlight.

Dixon is a great, great player.  But he did have to play a full game in, I would think, at least 3 games: Pikeville, Johnson Central and North Hardin.  In those games he rushed 50 times for a total of 347 yards (6.9 yards per carry) and 3 touchdowns.  He also added one reception for 68 yards and a touchdown.  Those are very good numbers--but they aren't completely dominant.   He's been very good against Belfry's best competition, but not great.  My vote, if I had one, would go to Hergott.

I mean, that is one of the most sought after recruits in the entire state.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • BoondockSaint, FootballFan1999
(12-05-2020, 06:48 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: The fact Jude didn’t win, and did not receive a single vote, pretty much made me quit even giving a rats a$$ about the award. 

3.  Their main voting point is if UK offered the kid a scholly or not.
I think James Quick won that year.
James Quick went to Louisville not UK. James Quick is still playing football for a living with the Calgary stampeders in Canada. I know a little about football and he was a DUDE against the top competition in hs. James Quick had 57 touchdown catches against 6a and national schedule.  When you throw out homer posts with absolutes in them you lose credibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Cam THE MAN Hergott (Beechwood) Over 2,000 passing yard 21 TD and 900 some yard rushing 12 TD #DualThreatQB
(12-08-2020, 11:30 AM)IIam4thecats Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 06:48 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: The fact Jude didn’t win, and did not receive a single vote, pretty much made me quit even giving a rats a$$ about the award. 

3.  Their main voting point is if UK offered the kid a scholly or not.
I think James Quick won that year.
James Quick went to Louisville not UK. James Quick is still playing football for a living with the Calgary stampeders in Canada. I know a little about football and he was a DUDE against the top competition in hs. James Quick had 57 touchdown catches against 6a and national schedule.  When you throw out homer posts with absolutes in them you lose credibility.
Jude still more than deserved the award.  I give no sh!ts about your thoughts on my credibility.  Really, I could care less. 

No one player meant more to his team that year than Jude.  Quick could’ve sat out the entire year and Trinity would’ve still rolled on to a 6A title and perhaps more.  

The fact is this, at that time pencil pushers that wouldn’t know the difference between a spread offense and the veer system called the shots.  More often than not the players with the bigger college offers were the only ones that got ink, especially if the kid signed with UK, and lots of times they were wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • campbellfield