Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Co. 24 - Betsy Layne 20
Final...Jackson County out to a 2-0 start while the Bobcats are still in search of win #1.
Congrats Jackson County! Keep working hard Betsy Layne! Was a crazy game and night at B.L!
i cant believe jackson has started out 2-0. that is awesome. good job jackson!
They play Garrad County next week and from I hear they have a pretty good chance of upsetting them and becoming 3-0...I saw the game on tv last night and it looked as if Jackson was going to blow them out in the third quarter but (I hate to say this) it looked like the officals were trying to help the home team....That may not have been the case but that's what it looked like on tv.
Generals Are Generals And The Bobcats Played A Good Game But When Ur On The Field Of Battle Their Is None Higher Than A General
I have heard from sereval sources that the refs called a horrible game. I heard it looked like they were trying to give the game to Betsy Layne and they still couldn't pull it out. I can't belive Jackson County is 2-0 and dont get ahead of your self tarheel fan Jackson is playing a good Garrad County team so don't look for any upsets there. Jackson's schedule so far has been a cupcake now it's time to see a 2 year program get ready for real teams.
jb05 Wrote:I have heard from sereval sources that the refs called a horrible game. I heard it looked like they were trying to give the game to Betsy Layne and they still couldn't pull it out. I can't belive Jackson County is 2-0 and dont get ahead of your self tarheel fan Jackson is playing a good Garrad County team so don't look for any upsets there. Jackson's schedule so far has been a cupcake now it's time to see a 2 year program get ready for real teams.
I'm not getting ahead of myself....I hear that Garrad County is a little like Powell County so I just put 2 and 2 together and figure they have a good chance...I dont know much about any teams down that way but I do know that Betsy Layne is horrible and if Jackson beat Powell they should have killed BL...Powell would have beat BL by 50.
Congrats to Jackson co. 2-0 and an improved football team.
Jackson had a great gameplan vs. Powell.
Powell is just now comming together with their new system but Jackson is a well coached football team. Best of luck this season'
4 all of ur alls info the refs did call a horrible game but not 4 bobcats they were calling us out of the game... the bobcats didnt get a call at all. so get ur alls facts right.
Yeah there definitely wasn't any home cooking!!! I wouldn't say the refs completely sided with Jackson County, but they didn't side with BL either. Betsy Layne didn't get any calls, however, JC didn't get that many either. Both teams had chances to win this game! BL should have pulled this one off IMO.
I think most of the calls went the way they did because BL is not a disciplined team. Jackson Co. coaches have a better grasp on the game.
i played in this game
and i do not see how you think the refs sided with us
if anything they sided with betsey layne, the refs called the most retarded calls on us and also they might need to read up on the rule book, betsey layne was a win for us and some people just cant take that
Betsy Layne has never had home cooking. They are possible the only school in the country that have refs go against them in games. I have seen a player take the ball from a running back running down field and they called the runner down, despite the fact he was standing straight up and no one had hit him. Betsy Layne played a good game and came close to beating someone I don't know what the big deal is, some teams can play close games. Give the bobcats a break, they deserve one.
REFS call roughing the center on a punt, have seen a lot of football games, this one shouldnt have been called. Also the refs took away two fumbles from Betsy Layne that should have been in their favor. But nonetheless the bobcats lost, and will recover. The main thing is to get everyone back healthy. Betsy Layne is very disciplined, relax!!! The season is still early, and the bobcats will still make the playoffs!!!!
roughing the center???!! are you kiddin me? thats one that a ref just remembered and was waitin to call.. but you'll have that.. keep workin hard BL.. its not easy being a small school
I guess u havent watched a lot of football games b/c ur not allowd to touch the center on a punt or field goal until the long snapper releases down the field.
biggeneral62 Wrote:Generals Are Generals And The Bobcats Played A Good Game But When Ur On The Field Of Battle Their Is None Higher Than A General

that makes no sence what so ever
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:REFS call roughing the center on a punt, have seen a lot of football games, this one shouldnt have been called. Also the refs took away two fumbles from Betsy Layne that should have been in their favor. But nonetheless the bobcats lost, and will recover. The main thing is to get everyone back healthy. Betsy Layne is very disciplined, relax!!! The season is still early, and the bobcats will still make the playoffs!!!!

yeah it is illegal to hit the longsnapper on punt..that gets called alot