Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
West Carter
90.91%
Walton-Verona
9.09%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton-Verona @ West Carter 12/04
Predictions? I don’t know much about Walton-Verona. The only common opponent between WC and WV is Boone County. West Carter went on the road and beat Boone County 26-13 and Boone went on the road and beat Walton-Verona 12-8. I’ll say Comets by 12!
West 28-21. Go Comets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • WestCarterComet
Comets by 7
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • WestCarterComet
Comets by 17
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oleballcoach's post:
  • WestCarterComet
I'm taking west, but becareful walton has played spoiler and could be a trap.
W-V is really well coached and they can make a game a grind.

West Carter needs to execute, execute, execute.

If WC stays to task and protects the football without making big mistakes on defense they should win this by 2-3 TD's, but if they let W-V dictate pace and make it ugly... then watch out.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • Cat Daddy, WestCarterComet
(11-30-2020, 10:55 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: W-V is really well coached and they can make a game a grind.

West Carter needs to execute, execute, execute.

If WC stays to task and protects the football without making big mistakes on defense they should win this by 2-3 TD's, but if they let W-V dictate pace and make it ugly... then watch out.

I agree 100%. Walton Verona is a very sound, fundamental football team, who prefers to control the time of possession and take you out of your game plan, by making the game "ugly". If West Carter can play a clean game, as far as not turning the ball over multiple times, they should be fine, but like EKU said, if the Comets make mistakes and allow the game to play into Walton-Verona's hands, then things could get interesting. At the end of the day, I like this West Carter team and I think they know how to win close ballgames. I think this game will be closer than most expect, but the Comets will bring home a regional championship. The Comets win 35-21.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • WestCarterComet
I picked West Carter but...Walton Verona could be on spoiler alert. The game that sticks out to me is West Carter being rolled by Paintsville. I've watched Paintsville film and they are not that good. But at the same time WV was beat by a very bad Boone Co team. This is one of the tougher games to pick this week IMO. Good luck to both.
(12-02-2020, 10:13 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: I picked West Carter but...Walton Verona could be on spoiler alert. The game that sticks out to me is West Carter being rolled by Paintsville. I've watched Paintsville film and they are not that good. But at the same time WV was beat by a very bad Boone Co team. This is one of the tougher games to pick this week IMO. Good luck to both.
What Paintsville games have you watched?
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCarterComet's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(12-02-2020, 12:55 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 10:13 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: I picked West Carter but...Walton Verona could be on spoiler alert. The game that sticks out to me is West Carter being rolled by Paintsville. I've watched Paintsville film and they are not that good. But at the same time WV was beat by a very bad Boone Co team. This is one of the tougher games to pick this week IMO. Good luck to both.
Several since we were supposed to play them until they backed out.
(12-02-2020, 01:38 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:
Any games past the west Carter game are irrelevant because Paintsville hasn’t been healthy since then.

Praying this is a Crittenden Fan saying Paintsville isn’t very good!
I’m pulling for West Carter due to the fact they were willing to play Paintsville on short notice this season.

Also I think that game was tight until the 4th quarter and a Paintsville 90+ yard pick 6 opened the game up for the Tigers.

West Carter can and should win this game.

(12-02-2020, 11:05 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

Praying this is a Crittenden Fan saying Paintsville isn’t very good!
If they watched film prior to when we were supposed to play, that would have been Hazard (54-0) and possibly East Jessamine.  Not sure what was so terrible about those performances.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • WestCarterComet