Poll: Who wins the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
26.39%
Johnson Central
73.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 Corbin @ #1 Johnson Central 12/4 (4A Playoffs)
If JC controls the clock as well as they have this season and maybe catch corbin with a turnover like they did dixon on the kickoff, they should run right through corbin. But I am not counting the hounds out cause they got some unreal speed and talent. Good luck to both teams and lets slug it out!
Hard to pick against Johnson Central. Corbin has very good speed and talent. I think this will be closer than many think, JC in a tight one.
How often does Johnson Central go for it on 4th down. 30% 40% 50% or 100%
I'm going with JC. Question for the Corbin people, what's happen to Longmire? Is he still on the team? In years past anytime I watched highlights on WYMT, you heard Longmires name mentioned a lot. He's an awesome player!
(12-01-2020, 05:31 PM)ekywildcat Wrote: I'm going with JC.  Question for the Corbin people, what's happen to Longmire?  Is he still on the team?  In years past anytime I watched highlights on WYMT, you heard Longmires name mentioned a lot.  He's an awesome player!
He had 3 carries for 19 yards last week and also played on defense.
(12-01-2020, 04:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: How often does Johnson Central go for it on 4th down.  30% 40% 50% or 100%
I would say there is no right way to answer that question.

First of all, the amount of 4th Downs the JC varsity has faced this year has to be minimal as it is.

Secondly, whether they go for it depends on a number of variables. Distance to go. What yard line they are on. The current score.

What I can say is Matney is not the most aggressive coach you will see, but he is pretty aggressive. If the ball is past their 40 and it is 4th and 2 or less, I am going to guess he has faith in his offense if it is vital to keep a drive alive.

Against Belfry this year they went for it several times when the ball was between the 40's. They converted more than belfry stopped them. I am not sure if JC punted that game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • 64SUR
(12-01-2020, 05:48 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 04:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: How often does Johnson Central go for it on 4th down.  30% 40% 50% or 100%
I would say there is no right way to answer that question.

First of all, the amount of 4th Downs the JC varsity has faced this year has to be minimal as it is.

Secondly, whether they go for it depends on a number of variables. Distance to go. What yard line they are on. The current score.

What I can say is Matney is not the most aggressive coach you will see, but he is pretty aggressive. If the ball is past their 40 and it is 4th and 2 or less, I am going to guess he has faith in his offense if it is vital to keep a drive alive.

Against Belfry this year they went for it several times when the ball was between the 40's. They converted more than belfry stopped them. I am not sure if JC punted that game.

This is about as good of an assessment as you can get.
As much as it pains me, I watched the Harlan County/Johnson Central game that WYMT covered, and unless they just played way off that night I believe Corbin is going to give them a run for their money and have a good shot at winning. I could be wrong, it is a long bus ride, but Corbin has enough weapons to have a shot.
[-] The following 2 users Like fridaynightfights's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
(12-01-2020, 07:40 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: As much as it pains me, I watched the Harlan County/Johnson Central game that WYMT covered, and unless they just played way off that night I believe Corbin is going to give them a run for their money and have a good shot at winning. I could be wrong, it is a long bus ride, but Corbin has enough weapons to have a shot.
Uh, is that the game from 2 weeks ago where JC had a running clock on them?
(12-01-2020, 11:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 07:40 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: As much as it pains me, I watched the Harlan County/Johnson Central game that WYMT covered, and unless they just played way off that night I believe Corbin is going to give them a run for their money and have a good shot at winning. I could be wrong, it is a long bus ride, but Corbin has enough weapons to have a shot.

Was there a game where there wasn’t a running clock on them?
Can I get tickets online or at the gate?
Corbin needs to spread the ball around this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • 64SUR
(12-02-2020, 12:42 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Corbin needs to spread the ball around this one.
  I believe they will in this one.
(12-01-2020, 11:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
It was the first game where Harlan County dominated the time of possession but JC averaged 17.4 yards per carry on only 15 carries. Harlan County had a great game plan to control the clock but still lost 33-2. HC ran the football equivalent of a four corner offense but JC scored nearly every time that they got the ball. I am not sure how a team that picked up over 17 yards a carry in that first game would fail to impress anybody. 
(12-02-2020, 12:51 AM)64SUR Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 12:42 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Corbin needs to spread the ball around this one.
  I believe they will in this one.
I hope that you are right. The more that Corbin passes, the more possessions Johnson Central's offense will get. The Golden Eagles' pass defense is very good and it would be great if Corbin tries to establish its passing game early.
^^^Really? IMO that's their weak point
(12-02-2020, 08:27 AM)Hound05 Wrote: ^^^Really? IMO that's their weak point
Of the the three elements on Defense, JC's secondary is probably 3rd on the totem pole behind the Line & LB's..... but to say the secondary is weak is wrong.

JC has allowed 4 passing TD's this season, but our defense has 11 INT.'s & 2 of those 11 have been returned for TD's.
Of the 4 TD's & 11 INT.'s, I'm not sure how many of those were varsity vs. varsity or their varsity vs. our JV/Frosh.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(12-02-2020, 09:54 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
Of the the three elements on Defense, JC's secondary is probably 3rd on the totem pole behind the Line & LB's..... but to say the secondary is weak is wrong.

JC has allowed 4 passing TD's this season, but our defense has 11 INT.'s & 2 of those 11 have been returned for TD's.
Of the 4 TD's & 11 INT.'s, I'm not sure how many of those were varsity vs. varsity or their varsity vs. our JV/Frosh.
Every team that JC has played this season played from behind, so most teams have passed quite a bit against the Golden Eagles this season. As you said, a lot of the yardage that JC has given up was against the JV and freshmen defense. Yet, the defense has still yielded only 461 yards passing this season. (Corbin's defense has yielded 927 passing yards.)

I think that Coach Matney will be happy if Corbin decides to establish its passing attack early in the game. Corbin's QB has thrown 5 interceptions this season against 12 TDs and their passing game has not been as strong as their running game.

Correct. That’s what I meant. Weakest link in that regard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • campbellfield
(12-02-2020, 10:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Every team that JC has played this season played from behind, so most teams have passed quite a bit against the Golden Eagles this season. As you said, a lot of the yardage that JC has given up was against the JV and freshmen defense. Yet, the defense has still yielded only 461 yards passing this season. (Corbin's defense has yielded 927 passing yards.)

I think that Coach Matney will be happy if Corbin decides to establish its passing attack early in the game. Corbin's QB has thrown 5 interceptions this season against 12 TDs and their passing game has not been as strong as their running game.
In all reality to me at least, most of the stats on both teams go out the window Friday. Especially this season where games have been, well what they have been. For instance, Corbin played beechwood and somerset, two very good passing teams, compared to Simon Kenton and LCC. Just like our rushing yards, none of what we have done all season against the run is going to paint an accurate picture of what we will see Friday night. 

You can go back to the first game we played, I still think our WR corps and passing game are stronger than our run. Why we don’t do it more?? No idea. I’ve got a nephew on that plays WR and I think a majority of the team thinks the same way. 

But long story short, no team JC has played will prepare them for us. No team we
Played will prepare us for JC. You can’t even simulate it in practice on either side. I think both teams might be in for a rude awakening Friday. But one team will adjust, adapt, and win. The other won’t. But they’ll be talent all over the field, that’s for sure.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • campbellfield, MountainMamba
I wonder how much the weather will affect this game, maybe not even a factor, I dunno. Cold and rainy...my knees are already hurting...lol.
(12-02-2020, 03:28 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
It was the first game where Harlan County dominated the time of possession but JC averaged 17.4 yards per carry on only 15 carries. Harlan County had a great game plan to control the clock but still lost 33-2. HC ran the football equivalent of a four corner offense but JC scored nearly every time that they got the ball. I am not sure how a team that picked up over 17 yards a carry in that first game would fail to impress anybody. 

I can tell you how, one they punted a few times and they also had a few turnovers. They broke 3 or 4 long runs, but beyond the big plays struggled to move the ball all night. The 17.4 yards a carry is extremely misleading when they had a handful of 50+ yard carries. They did not look impressive at all against a subpar Harlan County team. It would make me thrilled for them to put a running clock on Corbin, but I don't see it.
(12-02-2020, 12:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 03:28 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I can tell you how, one they punted a few times and they also had a few turnovers. They broke 3 or 4 long runs, but beyond the big plays struggled to move the ball all night. The 17.4 yards a carry is extremely misleading when they had a handful of 50+ yard carries. They did not look impressive at all against a subpar Harlan County team. It would make me thrilled for them to put a running clock on Corbin, but I don't see it.

This is one of the few comments I’ve ever seen that tries to turn having multiple 50+ yard carries into a negative. Most team struggle to have 3-4 50+ yard carries in an entire season. It’s impressive that JC was able to do it in one game. 

Was Harlan Co the best game that JC has played under Matney? No. But they got the job done and then put up 62 against a pretty decent Letcher Co the next week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister D's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, MountainMamba, Pulp Fiction
JC by 28, Corbin has got A LOT of home cooking this year, with the Refs in their hip pockets. Hope JC lays it on the cheaters from Corbin! Final: JC 49 Cheaterhounds 20.
(12-02-2020, 03:00 PM)Tiger Roar Wrote: JC by 28, Corbin has got A LOT of home cooking this year, with the Refs in their hip pockets. Hope JC lays it on the cheaters from Corbin! Final: JC 49 Cheaterhounds 20.
Nice math!!!! Looks like you cheated in school lol.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • campbellfield, Hound05, TD Hounds
Ticket info. Corbin was given 100 for the team and fans. Hopefully there will some left over for anyone who might want to go. They are selling tickets at JCHS front office 10-2 today and tomorrow...I am sure if any are left they will be for sale at some point on Friday.
100 tickets? What in the world... How many kids are on Corbins team? That’s probably not even enough to cover players parents lol
That's typically how many we got on allocated during our road games. From what I was told. Thanks to COVID....anyway.
COVID Restrictions forced JC to operate at 30% capacity. Corbin was allotted 350 tickets.
Shows what I know.

(12-02-2020, 05:36 PM)khsgamenight Wrote: COVID Restrictions forced JC to operate at 30% capacity. Corbin was allotted 350 tickets.
I was basing it off a post on Facebook. My mistake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • khsgamenight
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next