Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 28 Raceland 21 Overtime
Final from Raceland

Tigers win it in OT... Paintsville stopped Raceland at the goal line to win.
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Idk guys ...sure looked like the Rams scored on second down to me. I mean hell....the pike was two yards into the end zone
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • RoShamBo
(11-28-2020, 12:01 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Idk guys ...sure looked like the Rams scored on second down to me. I mean hell....the pike was two yards into the end zone
Take the L... 17-3 last game on penalties. Sit down ram dad
You still had two downs to score from the inch line. Go away with that noise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • MountainMamba
That trick play Raceland tried on 4th down in the 4th quarter had me scratching my head. We were moving the ball well and I don’t understand why that was the time to try to be cute. Congrats to the Tigers though in a hard fought game between two evenly matched teams.
Trick play was not a bad call if the pass was completed could have been a big play. I also thought the runner was in on 2nd down. But why not line up under center and qb sneak on 3rd down?
(11-28-2020, 12:05 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: That trick play Raceland tried on 4th down in the 4th quarter had me scratching my head.  We were moving the ball well and I don’t understand why that was the time to try to be cute.  Congrats to the Tigers though in a hard fought game between two evenly matched teams.

I agree. It seemed to me that Raceland had some momentum and were moving it fairly well. That was a very odd call at that time of the game. It gave Paintsville a big boost when they had their backs against the wall.
Rams trick play on 4th was the game. If they convert, they can set up a FG. Paintsville was out of timeouts.
(11-28-2020, 12:02 AM)MountainMamba Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:01 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Idk guys ...sure looked like the Rams scored on second down to me. I mean hell....the pike was two yards into the end zone
Don’t be a dick dude ...there is no place for it! The kids played a hell of a game don’t mess it up
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Hound05
The head scratcher for me was Raceland throwing on first and second down in OT after they ran the ball so effectively the entire second half. But, hey, I know the coach has full confidence in his senior QB, and that confidence has been earned. Great competition from both of these rivals in a tough one. Good luck to Paintsville moving forward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old Ball Coach's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-28-2020, 12:05 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: That trick play Raceland tried on 4th down in the 4th quarter had me scratching my head.  We were moving the ball well and I don’t understand why that was the time to try to be cute.  Congrats to the Tigers though in a hard fought game between two evenly matched teams.
Haha really? There is about 1000 scratch my head plays since Salmons has been there
This game shows you why you should never go shotgun snap inside the 5...
[-] The following 2 users Like MountainMamba's post:
  • Bluegrassboy63, RAMDAD50
That and Raceland’s decision to call the TO with the clock running out in regulation and Paintsville with no TO’s. I was wondering why Coach was helping us out!?

(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: This game shows you why you should never go shotgun snap inside the 5...
Quite a few head scratcher’s there toward the end.
(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: This game shows you why you should never go shotgun snap inside the 5...
This ...1000000 percent
(11-28-2020, 12:25 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
This ...1000000 percent
I mean I just don’t understand what Raceland’s coach was thinking from about 5 minutes left in the 4th on...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMamba's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(11-28-2020, 12:20 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:02 AM)MountainMamba Wrote:
Don’t be a dick dude ...there is no place for it! The kids played a hell of a game don’t mess it up
RamDad are you taking to yourself? Haha
(11-28-2020, 12:27 AM)MountainMamba Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 12:25 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
This ...1000000 percent
I mean I just don’t understand what Raceland’s coach was thinking from about 5 minutes left in the 4th on...

Neither does anyone else from Raceland. It was some of the worst play calling I have seen. He went away from everything that worked earlier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Being able to get this win against a very good Raceland team at Raceland without Hyden who is arguably one of the best players on that team is a massive deal.

Congrats to the Tigers and Coach Chirico and staff after it seemed like folks were all over the coaching staffs back about the way the season has gone for them. Go win that at Kroger and shut a lot of folks up!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
How many times has Raceland lost to Paintsville by not scoring on the one yard line? Why does their coach get in shotgun from the one yard line.?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • RAMDAD50
A win like this will surely dampen the rumors from the prediction thread.

Congrats Tigers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Spud6
Raceland’s coach read how to be Eddie Gran before the game.
Congratulations to Paintsville
Pikeville loses. Paintsville wins. Give the crown to Paintsville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • MountainMamba
I wonder how many times Raceland has to lose games like this before the coach staff has to take a long hard look at their abilities and start saying....we need need to make personal changes? Not personal changes to the team but to the coaching staff. How many times does Ram nation have to suffer because of the lack of ability from the coaches before the start to make some hard changes? Probably never happen
Great game between to good teams. Raceland will be a top 2 team next year I think they only graduate 6 guys who played tonight. Keep you head up Rams the future is really bright.
(11-28-2020, 01:52 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I wonder how many times Raceland has to lose games like this before the coach staff has to take a long hard look at their abilities and start saying....we need need to make personal changes? Not personal changes to the team but to the coaching staff. How many times does Ram nation have to suffer because of the lack of ability from the coaches before the start to make some hard changes? Probably never happen

How long has Salmons been there?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-28-2020, 01:53 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 01:52 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I wonder how many times Raceland has to lose games like this before the coach staff has to take a long hard look at their abilities and start saying....we need need to make personal changes? Not personal changes to the team but to the coaching staff. How many times does Ram nation have to suffer because of the lack of ability from the coaches before the start to make some hard changes? Probably never happen

How long has Salmons been there?
To long
So a State Finals appearance . Only one in school history by the way. 4 semi finals maybe 3 one may be Maynards. Only ones in school History and yeah we should blame the coach. Come on guys yeah things happen and yeah sometimes calls made we may not like but this was a tough loss . Film showed it was a fumble in ot but still no reason to cry over it. There was plenty of chances and it just slipped away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramfan02's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(11-28-2020, 02:02 AM)Ramfan02 Wrote: So a State Finals appearance . Only one in school history by the way. 4 semi finals maybe 3 one may be Maynards. Only ones in school History and yeah we should blame the coach. Come on guys yeah things happen and yeah sometimes calls made we may not like but this was a tough loss . Film showed it was a fumble in ot but still no reason to cry over it.  There was plenty of chances and it just slipped away.
Dude listen...I played at Raceland. The Rams have had great teams. They should have a ring by now. One thing that keeps us from getting there is coaching...period! One way or another we never get it done from the sidelines. Don’t get me wrong...we got great mean on the sidelines...but are they great coaches? No they are not! The one thing that’s been the same over the years is the lack of being able to win the big game. That’s coaching. Sometimes you have to coach a win and with what the Rams have on the sidelines it’s never gonna happen