Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 14 Lincoln County 08
Final.  Win is a win!!
Closer than what i wanted. I’ll let my fingers as a$$ warm up before I give my thoughts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Crickets. Being honest. This place is a shit show, dumpster fire as they say.
(10-16-2020, 10:54 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Closer than what i wanted. I’ll let my fingers as a$$ warm up before I give my thoughts.

Yes my friend I agree.
Tough night for the Hounds or is Lincoln better than everyone thought?
Bring back the air raid attack.
Got to get the ball to the ballers
Lincoln came fired up and ready to play last night. They had energy. Corbin defense held all night long and stayed on the field most the game. I don’t like seeing the QB scrambling for big yardage, but other than that our Defense showed again to hold a high octane offense to one score but it was actually off a interception. Corbins offense looked fine. The offensive game plan was just not efficient. Too many big pass plays that came up empty. Costing valuable downs that led to 3 and outs giving our defense too much time on the field. Other than that, I’m proud of our boys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • E's Army
LC was better than what I thought. But they weren’t not 14-8 better. No disrespect, it’s JMHO! Their rushing game is actually pretty decent. But no way should they have held us to 14! I realize they want to establish the run game to open up the pass, but dãmnit man! You got 4 WR that are ballers! Pass it! It not rocket science. Pass the ball! We have an awesome QB. Awesome line. Awesome WRs. If this is Elams coaching style, I’m sorry, but he’s gonna have to go. Let Buckner call them, I have way more faith that he can get creative and use what we have. We reverted back tonight and did NOT get any better!
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, E's Army
Lincoln is a pretty good football team. Corbin needs to get the offense moving if it hopes to make a run this year. Defense will keep them in a lot of games but they have to find a way to put some points on the board.
As far as a long run goes, it all depends on this next matchup. Wayne according to the score last week is a touchdown or two better than Lincoln. I know Wayne doesn’t have the defense they had last year, but they certainly have the offense. Corbin can’t play with the offensive play calling and depend on the defense to win the game. Like Hound05 says we got too many weapons for a team to focus on all of them.

Looking at the RPI, Corbin jumped to 3rd after last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
I don't know what's up with Corbin's offense. You have a Top 100 sophomore in the country who probably has less than 10 receptions in Patterson. Get the kid the ball.

Longmire isn't the running back we all had expected in middle school but he's still a great weapon. Get him the ball. I understand his ticket to college is in the secondary, but he's a matchup nightmare at this level.

The kid who came from Knox Central and Mills can go up and get it and the Massengill kid can be utilized too.

This is not 1992, stop running the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense when you have D 1 talent out the wazoo. That talent will go elsewhere if you aren't careful.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • 64SUR, E's Army, Hound05
Little closer than I figured it would be. Is Corbin's offense struggling? Lincoln gave up 52 to Wayne last week, 36 to South Laurel, and 26 to North Laurel?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR
Running game is there. Passing game is fine. Line blocking fine. The kids can only run the plays these coaches call. It looked to me the play calls were designed to a specific receiver that might be in double coverage. The pass was still thrown and no scanning by the QB to other receivers. It looked like we could run fine on them but the passing plays were out of sync as a whole. So the offense never got going. Lincoln would have long play series, there wasn’t hardly any penalty’s and the play clock just seemed to fly by. A very quick game overall. So not many opportunities to score and just not taking advantage of the offensive possessions. Honestly, Corbin offense looked like the Dixie Heights game again. Definitely dissatisfied with what I saw from the play calling perspective.
Not sure which I dislike more this new offense or the live stream
Lincoln must have taken advantage on game plan an I give credit to their team! Because honestly Corbin is a lot better than this, but take it baby a win is a win.

On to the next fellas, good luck
(10-17-2020, 11:22 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Little closer than I figured it would be.  Is Corbin's offense struggling?  Lincoln gave up 52 to Wayne last week, 36 to South Laurel, and 26 to North Laurel?
It was just a different kind of game. One of those low scoring affairs. I wouldn’t say we are struggling, but we are def not at our best on O. Play calling is an issue to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rebel55
I am hoping we just didn’t want to show much due to could be a first round matchup. Rpi doesn’t care if you win by 50 or if you win by 1. Was up all game just didn’t finish them. Lincoln is a solid offense, and our defense really shut them down, the one score they had was on the offense in my opinion. Not losing any sleep yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!