Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st 4A RPI rankings
Thoughts?[attachment=25]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • F-N 1980
So far, Bell County & Simon Kenton have laid eggs.... which is killing JC"s RPI.
Right now, Belfry is 6th in Class 3A. This game should help both JC & Belfry's RPI.

JC plays #4 ranked Letcher Central in district play, not sure that will move JC up to pass Boyle Co., but getting to play a top 5 team in your class only helps your RPI.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think Letcher is the real deal with one of the best QBs in the state. Johnson Central and Letcher game will be way closer than most people think.
I’m all for the RPI and the new system. But.... the system wasn’t made for a season like this!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Tommy2tone
(10-10-2020, 05:12 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m all for the RPI and the new system. But.... the system wasn’t made for a season like this!!

As Hatz said in another thread the cream will rise to the top by season’s end!
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz, Hound05
(10-10-2020, 04:38 PM)sportyd Wrote: I think Letcher is the real deal with one of the best QBs in the state. Johnson Central and Letcher game will be way closer than most people think.

If I where you I wouldn’t be wagering any serious money on that assumption. Nothing against Letcher I’ve heard they’ve got a pretty good team but Johnson Central just is on a different level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • OOlballcoach
(10-10-2020, 10:15 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 05:12 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m all for the RPI and the new system. But.... the system wasn’t made for a season like this!!

As Hatz said in another thread the cream will rise to the top by season’s end!
Normally and as you already know, I’d agree with ya. But, if games keep getting canceled, I don’t have much faith in it this year, just because the there won’t be enough data for the system to gauge. RPI, and I’m sure you’d agree doesn’t take in a whole lot of metrics anyways, so if you just have 5 games or so to pull the data from I’m not so sure the cream will rise this year. Now granted, Boyle, JC, etc. will make it deep regardless. But it could be the difference in Boyle playing, say Corbin At home, or JC on the road. (I’ve not looked at the actual region brackets this year, but just as an example). And it’s not only yours or my team not getting to play games that could effect it, but our opponents cancellations as well. Say we beat Wayne or somerset, and they don’t get to ply any quality opponents for the remainder, it’s not going to benefit us much as it would in a normal season. 

but I’ve always been on the train of “beat the best to be the best.” So in a way I do agree with you that it will rise. But their will be wayyyy more variables this year for that statement to be true in my opinion. Either way, good is luck jack!! Maybe will see each other this year.
(10-10-2020, 10:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 04:38 PM)sportyd Wrote: I think Letcher is the real deal with one of the best QBs in the state. Johnson Central and Letcher game will be way closer than most people think.

If I where you I wouldn’t be wagering any serious money on that assumption.  Nothing against Letcher I’ve heard they’ve got a pretty good team but Johnson Central just is on a different level.
Yea they could have Cam newton back there, but the way that JC controls the clock and the ability to score in that regard, LC might as well have Wayne Newton back there because it won’t make any difference if he’s only on the field for 10 min the entire game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Hatz
(10-10-2020, 11:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

If I where you I wouldn’t be wagering any serious money on that assumption.  Nothing against Letcher I’ve heard they’ve got a pretty good team but Johnson Central just is on a different level.
Yea they could have Cam newton back there, but the way that JC controls the clock and the ability to score in that regard, LC might as well have Wayne Newton back there because it won’t make any difference if he’s only on the field for 10 min the entire game.
I’m a Letcher fan and I think they have a really good team and would have a shot to play with in other team in the region but they are not ready for what Johnson Central has. To me it would be considered a good showing if Letcher can keep it from being a running clock. It really sucks being in a district with Johnson central.lol. I i
(10-12-2020, 03:16 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote:

I’m a Letcher fan and I think they have a really good team and would have a shot to play with in other team in the region but they are not ready for what Johnson Central has. To me it would be considered a good showing if Letcher can keep it from being a running clock. It really sucks being in a district with Johnson central.lol. I i
 I have watched some film on Letcher. They are no doubt good. So much improved from last year. I just think that JC is really so physical that it overwhelms most people. You can't understand the physicality until you see it. I just hope everyone is able to play and that none of these games get cancelled because of COVID.
(10-12-2020, 03:16 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote:

Very well said, wish Letcher nothing but luck. I’ve heard the field there at Letcher is very nice I’ve never been there before.
(10-12-2020, 03:16 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote:

I completely agree. I’ll actually go one step above, I think they can make the score seem somewhat respectable, if they played their best, but on the field it wouldn’t really be in contention.