Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Hayes commits to Louisville
Lawrence county standout Tim Hayes has commited to Louisville for his post high school career. Can't think of a kid who has worked harder or deserves it more than Timmy. What a great kid with a very promising future ahead of him! Congrats to Tim and his family-we are all very proud!
:letsparty
Congrats!!!
Congratulations!!
Congratulations Tim!!
Congrats to Tim. Which position did he play at Lawrence County?
he plays catcher
Congrats to Tim. I know his family very well.
Nice school to pick with them coming off their best season ever after going to the College World Series.
congrats
Congrats to Tim! Way to make all of Lawrence Co proud of you! I hope to see you lead the team to the next step your Sr year!
Congratulations!! BIG GUY I all ways knew you was a special kid.:Clap:
Congratulations Kid.
Congrats! I remember playing against Tim and watching him last year a bit. He plays the catcher position as well as anyone I've seen the past few years. Very strong arm, and a great bat in any line-up. Louisville will not be disappointed. Make Lawrence County and Eastern KY proud, Tim!
Congrats to him
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Congrats! I remember playing against Tim and watching him last year a bit. He plays the catcher position as well as anyone I've seen the past few years. Very strong arm, and a great bat in any line-up. Louisville will not be disappointed. Make Lawrence County and Eastern KY proud, Tim!
I dont mean this to sound as a negative in any way towards Hayes, but you must not remember either Josh Adams (Pikeville 2005) or Charlie Collett (Paintsville 2004) . Both of those players had bazookas for arms and opposing coaches had to alter their complete game stategies whenever they played those two respective teams. You were an absolute fool to attempt to run on either one of those catchers. I've seen both of those catchers pick straying runners off of second from their knees. Hayes is a very good catcher and a good hitter, but I am very safe in saying that as far as defensively they are light years apart. He just does not stike the fear in opposing teams defensively that either Collett or Adams did. He just does not have that caliber of an arm. I will grant you that Hayes is a much better hitter than Adams was, but I dont think he is as good as what Collett was. Adams did learn to hit the ball however , as he was named first team All Mid-South Conference last season and Collett is now at South Carolina -Aiken. I also know that Adams has been to several invitation only showcases for the Reds and has been brought back more than once in progressive stages. Those two players have been by far the best two catchers to come out of this area in a long time.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont mean this to sound as a negative in any way towards Hayes, but you must not remember either Josh Adams (Pikeville 2005) or Charlie Collett (Paintsville 2004) . Both of those players had bazookas for arms and opposing coaches had to alter their complete game stategies whenever they played those two respective teams. You were an absolute fool to attempt to run on either one of those catchers. I've seen both of those catchers pick straying runners off of second from their knees. Hayes is a very good catcher and a good hitter, but I am very safe in saying that as far as defensively they are light years apart. He just does not stike the fear in opposing teams defensively that either Collett or Adams did. He just does not have that caliber of an arm. I will grant you that Hayes is a much better hitter than Adams was, but I dont think he is as good as what Collett was. Adams did learn to hit the ball however , as he was named first team All Mid-South Conference last season and Collett is now at South Carolina -Aiken. I also know that Adams has been to several invitation only showcases for the Reds and has been brought back more than once in progressive stages. Those two players have been by far the best two catchers to come out of this area in a long time.
Collett got ALOT better from his Junior year to his Senior year. His Junior year he split time at catcher. I don't recall him ever throwin any runners out at second from his knees, but he did pick off alot runners not payin attention. Adams was a great defensive catcher. As far as Hayes, he's a great player, but he's not even the best to come from Lawrence, Eric Parker is the best I have seen or played against. Hayes will do fine in college, wish him the best. Congrats and good luck Timmy.
Redneck Wrote:Collett got ALOT better from his Junior year to his Senior year. His Junior year he split time at catcher. I don't recall him ever throwin any runners out at second from his knees, but he did pick off alot runners not payin attention. Adams was a great defensive catcher. As far as Hayes, he's a great player, but he's not even the best to come from Lawrence, Eric Parker is the best I have seen or played against. Hayes will do fine in college, wish him the best. Congrats and good luck Timmy.
Collett broke his thumb playing football and did not play his sophomore year the best I remember, and your right did split time with Justin Arms behind the plate his junior year. Paintsville had two very good strong armed catchers that year. But I dont mean to correct you but I have seen him pick runners off from his knees both while in high school and while in Cleveland when I went to see him play college summer ball.

I will respectfully disagree with you on Parker however. I think that Hayes is far better than Parker ever was or is to this day. He was a political signee at Morehead and was signed as a utility player, not a catcher, and has never played since he has been there and is now a 5th year senior.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont mean this to sound as a negative in any way towards Hayes, but you must not remember either Josh Adams (Pikeville 2005) or Charlie Collett (Paintsville 2004) . Both of those players had bazookas for arms and opposing coaches had to alter their complete game stategies whenever they played those two respective teams. You were an absolute fool to attempt to run on either one of those catchers. I've seen both of those catchers pick straying runners off of second from their knees. Hayes is a very good catcher and a good hitter, but I am very safe in saying that as far as defensively they are light years apart. He just does not stike the fear in opposing teams defensively that either Collett or Adams did. He just does not have that caliber of an arm. I will grant you that Hayes is a much better hitter than Adams was, but I dont think he is as good as what Collett was. Adams did learn to hit the ball however , as he was named first team All Mid-South Conference last season and Collett is now at South Carolina -Aiken. I also know that Adams has been to several invitation only showcases for the Reds and has been brought back more than once in progressive stages. Those two players have been by far the best two catchers to come out of this area in a long time.
I don't remember Collett, however, I do know Adams, and yes, he is a tremendous catcher. He has one of the better arms I've seen, and he is always looking for ways to improve not only his game, but the game of his teammates. He is a great player and a great person. I wasn't saying Hayes is the best catcher I can remember, I was just saying there aren't very many who can play the position as well as he can. But as I said, I don't know Collett, nor do I remember seeing him play, but Adams is a fine athlete.
Mr. Kimball has seen more baseball than probably any of us. If he said someone is good, you can bank on it that its a fact. I'd put more weight on his opinion about a players skill level than anyone else.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Collett broke his thumb playing football and did not play his sophomore year the best I remember, and your right did split time with Justin Arms behind the plate his junior year. Paintsville had two very good strong armed catchers that year. But I dont mean to correct you but I have seen him pick runners off from his knees both while in high school and while in Cleveland when I went to see him play college summer ball.

I will respectfully disagree with you on Parker however. I think that Hayes is far better than Parker ever was or is to this day. He was a political signee at Morehead and was signed as a utility player, not a catcher, and has never played since he has been there and is now a 5th year senior.

I've only watched Hayes play a couple times, I played against Erik for years from Junior League All-Stars all the way thru high school so I guess I'm bein a lil bias.
Timmy is easily the best catcher in the state
Jason Michael was a great catcher too. I think if you are going to start comparing you have to throw in David Wheeler who caught for Lawrence Co. He was in the Reds farm system for awhile. There have been some really good catchers to play at Lawrence. Shawn Hill was another one that killed the ball from the left side of the plate.
Its always great when kids get the chance to play at the next level, It makes it even better when you had the chance to watch theses kids most of there child hood play sports and grow into fine young men. Congrats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I went down to a showcase in Louisville with a few of our players, and the Hayes boy was down there. From what i saw he was far beyond any catcher they had down there and i heard alot of coaches saying that as well. I think they clocked him at 1.8 was his highest, and that IMO is exceptional for a high school catcher. Its hard to say he's the best in the state, mainly because i've not seen every single catcher in the state, but he's the best ive seen so far...I wish him luck @ louisville their new coach has done an unbelievable job there and Timmy will learn alot from him..

Josh Adams or the Collett boy are not even close, come on now you must not have seen him play...
bigE Wrote:Josh Adams or the Collett boy are not even close, come on now you must not have seen him play...

I've probably seen all of them about 500 more times than you have.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I've probably seen all of them about 500 more times than you have.

your really probably have...thats just what i thought when i seen them...
I loved to watch Adams play in h.s., and like it was mentioned earlier he really changed the way base runners approached the game that day. Adams was a gunslinger, and more agile than Hayes. He could scramble and get to a ball in the dirt and still throw you out by two steps.

They both have great arms, the biggest advantage that Hayes has is that he possesses the "prototypical" catchers body. He's what D-I coaches are looking for with his size and arm strength.
rawlingsfan Wrote:I loved to watch Adams play in h.s., and like it was mentioned earlier he really changed the way base runners approached the game that day. Adams was a gunslinger, and more agile than Hayes. He could scramble and get to a ball in the dirt and still throw you out by two steps.

They both have great arms, the biggest advantage that Hayes has is that he possesses the "prototypical" catchers body. He's what D-I coaches are looking for with his size and arm strength.

Hayes is about 6'3" and Adams is about 6'1. Both have the size in my opinion. What I like about Adams is his speed to go along with his arm.
Congrats!!
The great news here is that Timmy IS, and I repeat, IS, going to U of L to play baseball, regardless of how some of us want to argue about the reasons he is going. Figure the truth is something only he, his parents, and the U of L staff know for sure-not we as a group of "posters" on a forum.

The even better news is that Timmy is doing something with himself rather than spending his adult time sitting on a sports forum griping about everything.

Sorry if that offends some of you but this has gotten ridiculous the amount of folks that know everything there is to know about the world and how it works and try to bring eberyone else down with them. This used to be a fair, fun thing to do to pass the time.....