Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First WYMT Mountain Top 10 Released
I don't know why people get so hyped up about rankings. First of all, it is pre-season rankings. WYMT has NO idea what any team will play like this year, therefore they basically base their predictions on how the team faired last season. If you look at it that way, then the rankings are pretty well correct. Yes I do think Pikeville is a little high, as well as the Rock, but given last years success, the rankings seem right on to me.

And as for Prestonsburg not being ranked; i don't think they should be. At least not yet. P-burg had a less than spectacular year last year, and that doesn't help them when it comes to pre-season rankings. They must prove themselves first, but I think P-burg has the chance to turn it around this year.
Maybe just maybe ,if Pburg would play Johnson Central
and quit dodging them, they would get the respect their players so rightly deserve. Come on , how can playing Betsy Layne in any way
help your team. (No disrespect to Betsy Layne who is trying their best , but they are just not ready for this game. ) Ask any of the tough old Black Cat alumni and they will just shake their heads at not playing Belfry ,JC or some others. Your team definitely deserves alot
of respect , great players ,great tradition, and great coaches, but you have got to step up to the plate.
mscatblue Wrote:Maybe just maybe ,if Pburg would play Johnson Central
and quit dodging them, they would get the respect their players so rightly deserve. Come on , how can playing Betsy Layne in any way
help your team. (No disrespect to Betsy Layne who is trying their best , but they are just not ready for this game. ) Ask any of the tough old Black Cat alumni and they will just shake their heads at not playing Belfry ,JC or some others. Your team definitely deserves alot
of respect , great players ,great tradition, and great coaches, but you have got to step up to the plate.
I completely agree. I graduated in 2003, so I got to see one of the greatest Blackcat teams in the schools history in 2001. During that season up until 2003, Prestonsburg played some stiff competition such as Bell Co., Hazard, Whitley Co., etc. All were tough teams at the time. Of course Belfry was a district game so there was no avoiding that game. But now that Belfry isn't a part of the district, I feel it should be up to both schools to renew this rivalry that has existed for several years now. This game draws huge crowds and it definitely draws alot of revenue for both schools.
bigpun Wrote:This is about rankings. Not about who is better between 2A and 3A teams in the mountains compared to teams from the north. That is why.

IF you will reread my post I was agreeing that this post was about rankings .
BCF4L Wrote:I don't know why people get so hyped up about rankings. First of all, it is pre-season rankings. WYMT has NO idea what any team will play like this year, therefore they basically base their predictions on how the team faired last season.

I agree. Preseason rankings mean absolutley nothing, this isn't college football and there isn't a BCS. If your team is good, they will be appropriately ranked by the end of the year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:I completely agree. I graduated in 2003, so I got to see one of the greatest Blackcat teams in the schools history in 2001. During that season up until 2003, Prestonsburg played some stiff competition such as Bell Co., Hazard, Whitley Co., etc. All were tough teams at the time. Of course Belfry was a district game so there was no avoiding that game. But now that Belfry isn't a part of the district, I feel it should be up to both schools to renew this rivalry that has existed for several years now. This game draws huge crowds and it definitely draws alot of revenue for both schools.
Belfry tried to renew it, but Prestonburg wouldn't even consider it.