Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 56 -- East Ridge 51
Valley beats ER for first time in tourney play.
Stats...
Community Trust POG -- Kris Bentley

Valley
Bentley - 16 Points
Tackett - 12 points 12 rebounds
Friend - 10
*Missed others...sorry -- Potter, Riddle, Johnson all scored.

East Ridge
Branham - 18
Slone - 18
Coleman - 2
Fletcher - 4
Sesco - 3
McCoy - 3
Bennett - 3
congrats
Tough game. Valley just kept giving ER chances but, I was really surprised to see East Ridge trying to hold the ball with about 2 or 3 minutes to go in the game.

Mitchell Riddle has had an awesome tourney I must say.
i cant understand them trying to hold the ball either, all night long both teams ran the ball up and down the court, then all of a sudden, they try to stop the running game and hold it. I belive that was a big turning point in the game. btw, did 52 from ER dislocate his shoulder or something? it looked funny when he took himself out of the game, but i was glad to see him come back in.
Yeah, he dislocated his shoulder. I've had that happen before and it hurts like crazy. Glad to see him go back in the game too. He'll be sore in the morning though.
Congrats Valley!
Congrats Valley!!
Congrats SV.
East Ridge didn't get blew out like everyone predicted, sounds like they played a alright game considering how horrible they are supposed to play. Did they ever have the leave, and how did them holding the ball make a turning point in the game?
They had tje lead at halftime and were down two when they were holding the ball. Probably could have won if they had hit their freethrows.
SV couldn't get hit anything the first half either.
there would have been a different outcome if er could have converted from the line. er gave valley a run for their money and we could see these two teams in the regional finals. but congrats to sv on a hard fought victory.
Congrats to both teams and good luck in region
does anyone know who all made the all tourny team
i know a fwe were
Robert Shurtleff (Pikeville)
Aaron Branham ( East Ridge)
Kris Bentley (SV)
and i know Riddle got MVP
but does anyone else knwo who the others were?
"dirty30" Wrote:Congrats to both teams and good luck in region
does anyone know who all made the all tourny team
i know a fwe were
Robert Shurtleff (Pikeville)
Aaron Branham ( East Ridge)
Kris Bentley (SV)
and i know Riddle got MVP
but does anyone else knwo who the others were?

I think Patrick Tackett was the other one. I figured Kelsey would make it.
Congrats Valley nice win had to scratch and claw for it though. Bentley had a horrbile first half took poor shots he only had 2. Then came out in the 2nd half and EXPLODED. ER had many oppurtunitys to win this one but couldnt convert. Branham took 3 bad shots at the end of the game giving Valley the win.

Kelsey is to inconsistent one game he plays good and get a double double next few games he'll only pop in 2 pts and pull down a couple rebounds. i'm not suprised that he didnt make it.

This game could realy effect on who gets POY.
52, Jordan Coleman has dislocated his shoulder before that's why he went ahead and took hiself out of the game because he knew what was wrong. Great player having his shoulder dislocated then getting it put back in place and going right back in the game to help his team.
"MCLyte" Wrote:52, Jordan Coleman has dislocated his shoulder before that's why he went ahead and took hiself out of the game because he knew what was wrong. Great player having his shoulder dislocated then getting it put back in place and going right back in the game to help his team.

I was really shocked to see Coleman back in the gym and I really couldn't believe it when he went back into the game. My nephew had that happen to him when he played a couple of times and he always ended up in the emergency room. I'm glad he was ok.
Congrats Valley, looks like ER played good though.
congrats valley.
that was a very close game the whole way through. i am actually surprised to see east ridge stay in the game the way that they did. valley had a horrible game the first half. kris bentley could not "hit the broad side of a barn". after the half aaron branham came back out and took a few bad shots. east ridge couldn't hit their free throws when they really needed to. jordan coleman dislocated his shoulder for the second time but came back into the game which was shocking.

props to the east ridge team though for keeping the score as close as it was. boo to aaron branham for holding the ball during the last two minutes when east ridge was down. easy steals for valley when they stepped out on the team. john johnson getting the fumble in the last 5 seconds got patrick tackett a wide open layup to make valley win by 5.

lets just hope that my boys do something in regionals.
Eric Slone and Patrick Tackett also made the all tournment team.
all 3 teams in this tournment played their hearts out in every game.