Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield QB
Whos going to be Mayfield Cardinals qb this year and what are our chances in 2a this year.Is our offense changing any?Will it be balanced or will we run the ball alot more this year?
I don't know anything, but I definitely think they will run the ball a little more than the last few years. I seen a pic of Kylan Galbreath a couple months ago, and he looks like he has been on a prison yard lifting weights for a couple years. You can tell he is putting in a lot of work. I expect he will have a big year if football happens. Mayfield definitely ain't the favorite with all that graduated, but that's fine let everyone overlook them.
I agree Killer let them over look us less pressure maybe we will surprise a somerset or a LCA.Im still stinging over that call that cost us the 2a champioship last year.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:I agree Killer let them over look us less pressure maybe we will surprise a somerset or a LCA.Im still stinging over that call that cost us the 2a champioship last year.

That call didn’t cost you the game. It was the correct call. Somerset would’ve said the same thing over the fumbled kick return had it gone the other way. The officials didn’t miss an assignment with no time on the clock.
I do not think anyone over looking Mayfield, but they are thinking that this may be the opportunity to get that elusive victory over them. But regardless, opponents can expect a tough game as they do not know how to lose, nor like it when it does seldom happen.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:I agree Killer let them over look us less pressure maybe we will surprise a somerset or a LCA.Im still stinging over that call that cost us the 2a champioship last year.

That call didn't cost you the game. Not covering a wide receiver while in prevent defense TWICE cost you the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Deuce8
Walt Longmire Wrote:That call didn't cost you the game. Not covering a wide receiver while in prevent defense TWICE cost you the game.

As did trying to go on two fourth and one. That’s the one I never understood that doesn’t get talked about. You jump offsides fourth and 1, then try to run it on fourth and 6 with a stud at QB. Why not just lineup and sneak it or trust your guys to get you a yard on fourth and one. Do that and it’s over.
Best comeback I ever witnessed! Awesome game! I came off my seat hollering penalty from my view and when the flag came, I was like well let’s see if they can do it and bam, like a Hollywood movie. They did! Really enjoyed the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8
As long as they are playing in small school football, Mayfield will be right there in the thick of it near Thanksgiving.

On paper, I think you can argue that Somerset, LCA, and Beechwood all probably have the edge entering the season based off balancing what they return and what they didn't lose. With that said, it is a tall task to pencil anyone's name other than Mayfield as one of the Top two teams in the State as long as a Morris is coaching.
Mayfield will be better than you think and plenty of good players coming up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snakesnot's post:
  • Mayfieldsportsfan
Need some new talk about Mayfield and our chances this year.Who are some of our go to players and talk about how our qb might do key to our season i believe.How about our line come on mysonis55 tell us some stuff.!!!!!
I will be surprised if we take the field for even one game, hope I’m wrong.
Zane Cartwright is our QB as of right now...great kid and a good athlete...still learning the system but definitely shows promise. Mayfield will be a beast on defense this year, and that will give the offense some time to work out a few “kinks”...once that happens, Cardinals will be tough to deal with. Oh, and we only have 5 seniors on the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes twenty4seven's post:
  • SImpleplan
I recently watched some of the JV games from Mayfield's 2019 season and the defense is what will be the most notable part of the Cardinals this season. Not to say the offense won't score. There are 5 running backs to choose from but Kylan is a beast. Lost some height but tenacity is through the roof on both sides of the ball. I always love the "rebuilding" years for Mayfield because no one knows what to expect but they usually get a punch in the mouth from the Cards.
I'm looking forward to the season starting. May depend on what the KDE board says today at 11 Eastern.  The roller coaster ride has been tough on everyone.