Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Re-open and the Revision
Here we go again. As America considers the how and the when of reopening for business, the leftist political revision of current events has begun to take shape.

Seldom has any US Governor blown his response to a natural (or possibly in this case manmade) disaster worse than the good Governor from New York-- Andrew Cuomo.

NBC News---

March 18, 2020
By Tom Winter and Corky Siemaszko

[SIZE="3"]"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo had some choice words Wednesday for New York City mayor Bill de Blasio's proposal to effectively shut the city down to stop the spread of the coronavirus: Not a chance.

“Any blanket quarantine or shelter in place policy would require state action and as the governor has said, there is no consideration of that for any locality at this time,” [/SIZE]
Melissa de Rosa, secretary to the governor, said in a statement

So while the Jan 31 Presidential shut down on travel from China had been ongoing for over a month and a half, the Gov of NY and the Mayor of NYC sat on their hands until March 18. But the machinations of the left were already afoot as the press were preparing feverishly to portray Gov Cuomo's failed and untimely response to the emerging CV threat as a revolutionary model of prudence. They were at the same time and with equal lack of veracity, trying to blame the whole mess on President Trump. And IMHO, they're just getting started.

What is to come will no doubt be a marvel of retro-engineered mischaracterization and distortion of the facts. They will in all likelihood come up with a manufactured number of dead attributable to what they say was the President's early failures. And it will go on and on, right up to the election. The voter has to decide if he wants to be treated like a mushroom, or a higher lifeform ala the vision of the founders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everybody you mentioned in your post, TRT, failed New Yorkers.

I’ll be the first to lament Trump, but Cuomo and DeBlasio are just as culpable. Both should have known their state/city would bear the brunt of this, but like you said did nothing until mid March. That number that you say will be constructed needs to be the albatross hung around all of their necks.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Everybody you mentioned in your post, TRT, failed New Yorkers.

I’ll be the first to lament Trump, but Cuomo and DeBlasio are just as culpable. Both should have known their state/city would bear the brunt of this, but like you said did nothing until mid March. That number that you say will be constructed needs to be the albatross hung around all of their necks.

I'm sorry Cardfan but I'm gonna have to veer off on this one too. Men-- in particular politicians elected to high office in the US, don't have a lot of sway over the comings and goings of things like viruses. Or floods, or hurricanes. Politicizing such things in the manner the press and that pocket of Democrat Governors up in the north east corner are doing, is shameful.

I'm here to tell ya most people will absolutely not bite on their efforts to bring Trump down with this. Now, in identifying the inherencies as openly transparent as MR Trump has done, we have all learned some pretty hard lessons. And maybe all this will serve to prepare the US for something even more threatening than CV. In the end the blame will fall where it should.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm sorry Cardfan but I'm gonna have to veer off on this one too. Men-- in particular politicians elected to high office in the US, don't have a lot of sway over the comings and goings of things like viruses. Or floods, or hurricanes. Politicizing such things in the manner the press and that pocket of Democrat Governors up in the north east corner are doing, is shameful.

I'm here to tell ya most people will absolutely not bite on their efforts to bring Trump down with this. Now, in identifying the inherencies as openly transparent as MR Trump has done, we have all learned some pretty hard lessons. And maybe all this will serve to prepare the US for something even more threatening than CV. In the end the blame will fall where it should.

All three refused to see the slow moving steamroller that is CV until it was too late.
No one is blaming any of them for the occurrence, but the dragging of feet and denial is all them.

Remember they were all privy to more information than us common folk, and if you were paying attention you would have seen this coming by mid January.

Die hard Trump supporters won’t bite. They don’t bite anything. He was right—he could shoot someone in midtown Manhattan and still win.
Independents and centrist democrats will, but it will be imperative that Cuomo is nowhere near the Democrat ticket.

Heaven help us if there is another disaster that destroys our economy and can kill millions of us unless we isolate and completely change American life.

You mentioned reopen in the thread title. I think we are about a month to two months away. I’m not sure why these politicians are even talking about it. I guess to keep the toilet stirred. We haven’t plateaued across the country yet. You can’t flip the switch until 14 days from the peak in every state. We can’t keep visitors out, a vaccine is far away, and every treatment is questionable. Waiting is our only option.
Cardfan1 Wrote:All three refused to see the slow moving steamroller that is CV until it was too late.
No one is blaming any of them for the occurrence, but the dragging of feet and denial is all them.

Remember they were all privy to more information than us common folk, and if you were paying attention you would have seen this coming by mid January.

Die hard Trump supporters won’t bite. They don’t bite anything. He was right—he could shoot someone in midtown Manhattan and still win.
Independents and centrist democrats will, but it will be imperative that Cuomo is nowhere near the Democrat ticket.

Heaven help us if there is another disaster that destroys our economy and can kill millions of us unless we isolate and completely change American life.

You mentioned reopen in the thread title. I think we are about a month to two months away. I’m not sure why these politicians are even talking about it. I guess to keep the toilet stirred. We haven’t plateaued across the country yet. You can’t flip the switch until 14 days from the peak in every state. We can’t keep visitors out, a vaccine is far away, and every treatment is questionable. Waiting is our only option.

This is an obvious lie.
Cardfan1 Wrote:All three refused to see the slow moving steamroller that is CV until it was too late.

Every treatment is questionable to a rabid press corps hoping to hang responsibility for a pandemic around Trump's neck. Like everything else over the course of the past 12 years, the press and the Dems have managed to politicize a national disaster. But as to effective treatments, I hear differently from gobs of docs and testimonials of their patients around the US. Vaccine is not that far off, waiting the extra year for basically endless repetition may be on the endangered list though.

But in your gullibility and your relentless insistence that all of this is Trump's fault is real inspiration. In the time of the end, which I believe is upon us, men will seek to solve every issue by political means. Antichrist in fact is the quintessential politician and he will seem to have all the answers. God has foretold of the apocalypse, He has told us of the four riders who come forth. The white horse represents conquest, the red horse war, the black horse plague, and the pale horse famine. And I'll throw this one in for free; I would not be at all surprised if the Wuhan virus were not a manmade uh-oh. And I would not be at all surprised if the plague of the soon coming age would not derive from similar origins.

But while men strive with one another politically, arguing endlessly over who is right and how to do things. And despite all the flashing warning signs of Scripture which should never be ignored, and could never be disproven to any degree whatever, they manage to miss the reality of God's perfectly revealed prophecy regarding all of this anyway. And in the end they will look to a man, not God, to solve the chaos. That man being the afore mentioned Antichrist, who will utterly fail to solve the first thing.

The spirit of Antichrist is afoot. I see it in the daily press briefings. I see the evil of it in the faces of those of the two political factions of this land, and in the faces of the rioters and the defamers like Maxine Waters, and in the faces of those who oppose Trump rally goers. I can tell you this and you can do what you want with it. The gridlock which consumed the US Congress during the Obama years has spread to consume our entire way of life. Just about every captain of industry and every CEO will weigh in on political matters if given the chance. Likewise with movie stars, TV personalities and sports icons to incredibly include men like Jessie the body Ventura. And if not for the coming threat from our enemies, I believe violence would eventually break out on our own soil. We are powerless to break the cycle. Conservatives will never accept the formal rebellion against God, and the left will never stop coming at them because of it.

Bottom line. Aside from a national revival in which Americans once again bow before the living God of this universe, there is no end in sight to the vitriol. And as the past 12 years demonstrate, things will only get worse. Though conservatives win in the end they will not prevail in the political sense at least, here on earth, and neither will liberals. But they will try with all that they have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm no Judge Napolitano fan, but I'll quote anybody who speaks truth.

According to Napolitano, no governor has legal authority to shut down, lock down, or otherwise close down state commerce. Nor can they limit travel or by any means order people to 'stay home.' And this one is a biggie in my mind-- close down hospitals to all but CV 19 cases and ER traffic.

By the time the reverberations from the lawsuits settle down, ALL state governors should have undergone a rather remarkable attitude adjustment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm no Judge Napolitano fan, but I'll quote anybody who speaks truth.

According to Napolitano, no governor has legal authority to shut down, lock down, or otherwise close down state commerce. Nor can they limit travel or by any means order people to 'stay home.' And this one is a biggie in my mind-- close down hospitals to all but CV 19 cases and ER traffic.

By the time the reverberations from the lawsuits settle down, ALL state governors should have undergone a rather remarkable attitude adjustment.

The legal battle of Americans’ freedom to die and spread a virus throughout the population will be interesting to watch play out over the next few years.

Most of these people will be out of office and moved up in or out of politics, but I’m sure it’ll keep legal scholars busy.
Cardfan1 Wrote:The legal battle of Americans’ freedom to die and spread a virus throughout the population will be interesting to watch play out over the next few years.

Most of these people will be out of office and moved up in or out of politics, but I’m sure it’ll keep legal scholars busy.

Let us hope that includes little Andy. Legal scholars have no place in today's judiciary. It's all a matter of pegging a liberal judge if you're a rabid Dem. In that case one gets a Democrat vote instead of a verdict. If you're a conservative on the other hand, you hope for a constitutionalist and depend on fair judgment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Let us hope that includes little Andy. Legal scholars have no place in today's judiciary. It's all a matter of pegging a liberal judge if you're a rabid Dem. In that case one gets a Democrat vote instead of a verdict. If you're a conservative on the other hand, you hope for a constitutionalist and depend on fair judgment.

So far, He has done what is needed to keep people alive. There are Republican governors who have done the same thing.

The Gov. order toes the line. Technically, you can travel freely. Your return is when you have to quarantine.

I assume one argument will be the executive order was modeled after what the federal govt did with returning cruise ship passengers and travelers returning from overseas.

Let’s hope the legal scholars and “fair constitutionalists” have their fun with these decisions and the effects of their verdict won’t be relevant for another 100 years.
Cardfan1 Wrote:So far, He has done what is needed to keep people alive. There are Republican governors who have done the same thing.

The Gov. order toes the line. Technically, you can travel freely. Your return is when you have to quarantine.

I assume one argument will be the executive order was modeled after what the federal govt did with returning cruise ship passengers and travelers returning from overseas.

Let’s hope the legal scholars and “fair constitutionalists” have their fun with these decisions and the effects of their verdict won’t be relevant for another 100 years.

Where relevancy is concerned the Lord has already framed that in prophetic terms, but I doubt sincerely that this world has 100 months, much less 100 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:So far, He has done what is needed to keep people alive. There are Republican governors who have done the same thing.

He has done nothing of the kind. Guidelines are mostly meant to keep people constantly aware of the threat. Take the mask guidelines for example. If an infected person sneezes or coughs without a mask on, the infectious cloud travels much farther. Since CV are most often expelled out into the environment in bodily water droplets, that only makes sense. But this idea that people breathe through the masks, filtering the air they breathe is just not the case. Even the best fitting masks allow airflow to bypass the mask fabric and enter your lungs by going between your face and the mask. Masks are an offensive deterrent, not defensive.

But even if all the air did go through a mask, CV are so small it would be like shooting a BB gun through backstop netting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:He has done nothing of the kind. Guidelines are mostly meant to keep people constantly aware of the threat. Take the mask guidelines for example. If an infected person sneezes or coughs without a mask on, the infectious cloud travels much farther. Since CV are most often expelled out into the environment in bodily water droplets, that only makes sense. But this idea that people breathe through the masks, filtering the air they breathe is just not the case. Even the best fitting masks allow airflow to bypass the mask fabric and enter your lungs by going between your face and the mask. Masks are an offensive deterrent, not defensive.

But even if all the air did go through a mask, CV are so small it would be like shooting a BB gun through backstop netting.

For the past month people have been urged to ACT as if they had the disease, so under that guidance using masks would be an appropriate guideline.

It’s a small measure that Americans and Kentuckians can’t do. I knew it was a waste of time to even suggest it.
Cardfan1 Wrote:For the past month people have been urged to ACT as if they had the disease, so under that guidance using masks would be an appropriate guideline.

It’s a small measure that Americans and Kentuckians can’t do. I knew it was a waste of time to even suggest it.

Like I said, I see carloads of teenagers running around with the windows down and the radio up. I see two or three grown men crammed into cabs of pickup trucks. I see cars from Ohio with soft tags on the back, out of which adults and kids clamber out (all of them clad in PJ's) to go into a grocery store or gas station. An awful lot of people are not social distancing and an awful lot don't wear masks. I only go into grocery stores at opening time or near to closing, but still I had occasion one night when a car pulled up lengthwise blocking the front entry to let out a girl whose mission it was to get Mountain Dews and cigarettes. And she was a lot closer to me than I would have wanted under ANY conditions. But short of starting something what can one do? As I exited the store I had to steer my cart around the front of their car still sitting there BTW.

The point I made was wearing a mask is fine, but they only work for those who are sick. Everybody else is basically wasting their time. And most of these rules are therefore subjective and a little arbitrary.

Say though, I got an idea! How about widespread availability and usage of HCQ + Z + A to fight the pandemic in a meaningful way, and lay off the Orwellian finger pointing against those with whom you don't agree?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Like I said, I see carloads of teenagers running around with the windows down and the radio up. I see two or three grown men crammed into cabs of pickup trucks. I see cars from Ohio with soft tags on the back, out of which adults and kids clamber out (all of them clad in PJ's) to go into a grocery store or gas station. An awful lot of people are not social distancing and an awful lot don't wear masks. I only go into grocery stores at opening time or near to closing, but still I had occasion one night when a car pulled up lengthwise blocking the front entry to let out a girl whose mission it was to get Mountain Dews and cigarettes. And she was a lot closer to me than I would have wanted under ANY conditions. But short of starting something what can one do? As I exited the store I had to steer my cart around the front of their car still sitting there BTW.

The point I made was wearing a mask is fine, but they only work for those who are sick. Everybody else is basically wasting their time. And most of these rules are therefore subjective and a little arbitrary.

Say though, I got an idea! How about widespread availability and usage of HCQ + Z + A to fight the pandemic in a meaningful way, and lay off the Orwellian finger pointing against those with whom you don't agree?

Every contact is important, if there is possibility of cutting contacts down 25% transmissions would greatly decrease.

American invincibility is going to kill thousands of more.

I still think HCQ +Z+A has not had enough research to allow widespread availability. Possibly under the care of doctors in a hospital setting like the FDA guidelines. Any treatment/vaccine will have to be successful and safe because the death rate of CV is still to where you still got something to lose.

We have a long road ahead, because we are a selfish nation. The early projection numbers are where we are headed with no chance of going back. Reopening while cases are growing and deaths are multiplying is poor leadership,and I include Andy Beshear if he goes ahead with the plans in the coming days. Maybe we bought enough time for our hospitals to withstand the coming onslaught.

I do wonder when people will be ready to slam on the brakes again. Will it be 100k, 150k, 200k, 400k lives?
Cardfan1 Wrote:Every contact is important, if there is possibility of cutting contacts down 25% transmissions would greatly decrease.

American invincibility is going to kill thousands of more.

I still think HCQ +Z+A has not had enough research to allow widespread availability. Possibly under the care of doctors in a hospital setting like the FDA guidelines. Any treatment/vaccine will have to be successful and safe because the death rate of CV is still to where you still got something to lose.

We have a long road ahead, because we are a selfish nation. The early projection numbers are where we are headed with no chance of going back. Reopening while cases are growing and deaths are multiplying is poor leadership,and I include Andy Beshear if he goes ahead with the plans in the coming days. Maybe we bought enough time for our hospitals to withstand the coming onslaught.

I do wonder when people will be ready to slam on the brakes again. Will it be 100k, 150k, 200k, 400k lives?

Oh there is no doubt that you wonder about all kinds of things. A 92% success rate isn't just good odds, it's far better than the vast majority of proven treatment options for any kind of medical procedure or treatment in existence today. Go hide someplace Cardfan it's alright, the rest of us will trod that long road you're so concerned about.

But I do wonder-- how many doctors from how many nations have to come forth to extol the viable treatment options that they themselves have proven until finally, the W.H.O., CNN, NIH and Cardfan, will be ready to admit defeat? 100, 1,000, 10,000?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh there is no doubt that you wonder about all kinds of things. A 92% success rate isn't just good odds, it's far better than the vast majority of proven treatment options for any kind of medical procedure or treatment in existence today. Go hide someplace Cardfan it's alright, the rest of us will trod that long road you're so concerned about.

But I do wonder-- how many doctors from how many nations have to come forth to extol the viable treatment options that they themselves have proven until finally, the W.H.O., CNN, NIH and Cardfan, will be ready to admit defeat? 100, 1,000, 10,000?

So when will we put the brakes on?

I know conservative news personalities are howling for reopening, but what will their tune be when we double the death count in 30 days or less (there is absolutely zero indication we won't). Some of your favorites may get the same axe that Trish Regan and Diamond and Silk got.

If you are talking about the doctor in Texas treating elderly folks in a nursing home. It's his license and freedom he is putting in jeopardy. I'm certain some of those folks don't know what they are taking.

The FDA and White House has warnings about the cocktail you are hung up on, when they lift those warnings, I'll by in.

Of course I'm going to hide and limit my interactions with people as much as possible. Only idiots aren't taking this serious, and there are plenty out there. Meanwhile, I'll be taking care of me and mine the best I can.

Good Luck on you're trodding if you plan on going back to business as usual.
Cardfan1 Wrote:So when will we put the brakes on?

I know conservative news personalities are howling for reopening, but what will their tune be when we double the death count in 30 days or less (there is absolutely zero indication we won't). Some of your favorites may get the same axe that Trish Regan and Diamond and Silk got.

If you are talking about the doctor in Texas treating elderly folks in a nursing home. It's his license and freedom he is putting in jeopardy. I'm certain some of those folks don't know what they are taking.

The FDA and White House has warnings about the cocktail you are hung up on, when they lift those warnings, I'll by in.

Of course I'm going to hide and limit my interactions with people as much as possible. Only idiots aren't taking this serious, and there are plenty out there. Meanwhile, I'll be taking care of me and mine the best I can.

Good Luck on you're trodding if you plan on going back to business as usual.

DNC talking points losing their allure there Cardfan? 'Howling' is my descriptive adaptation for the way you lefties behave, got any original stuff? But that doctor in Texas? Why all he did was save a lot of lives and prove the value of HCQ. How anybody would be surprised that the President's political enemies would deny that is beyond me. You guys are the who's who of deniers, and if you'd like I'd be happy at some point starting with the Obama administration, to put up the list.

My original point which you have sidestepped repeatedly was this-- CV can be dispatched with an ordinary prescription med. Much like strep-throat, this virus can be handled with great effectiveness with cheap available drugs. But no, not for the politicizing, investigating, impeaching, blaming, politically correct left. You guy's pilgrimage through a desert of your own making, is your long road. Enjoy it and bon voyage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:DNC talking points losing their allure there Cardfan? 'Howling' is my descriptive adaptation for the way you lefties behave, got any original stuff? But that doctor in Texas? Why all he did was save a lot of lives and prove the value of HCQ. How anybody would be surprised that the President's political enemies would deny that is beyond me. You guys are the who's who of deniers, and if you'd like I'd be happy at some point starting with the Obama administration, to put up the list.

My original point which you have sidestepped repeatedly was this-- CV can be dispatched with an ordinary prescription med. Much like strep-throat, this virus can be handled with great effectiveness with cheap available drugs. But no, not for the politicizing, investigating, impeaching, blaming, politically correct left. You guy's pilgrimage through a desert of your own making, is your long road. Enjoy it and bon voyage.

Doesn't Trump heavily influence/ control the FDA and CDC?

IF he is SO certain about this drug, get it out there! Provide enough for everybody to take. Make it a reopening guideline, and I'm sure Republican governors will be handing it out like candy.

What does he have to lose? Confusednicker:

I know the answer.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Doesn't Trump heavily influence/ control the FDA and CDC?

IF he is SO certain about this drug, get it out there! Provide enough for everybody to take. Make it a reopening guideline, and I'm sure Republican governors will be handing it out like candy.

What does he have to lose? Confusednicker:

I know the answer.

There was a time in this land when the President had heavy influence over all the federal agencies. The CIA for example, or the FBI, the EPA, the DNI, Area 51 and anything else one could name not to mention those agencies we cannot name.

Thanks to the revelatory antics of Clapper and Brennan and Comey and many more, I can assure that those days are past. Since his appointment, Christopher Wray has been sitting on "stunning exculpatory evidence" in the General Flynn case. These agencies are engorged with true believer libs and thus to them as in your own case, 'feelings' trump established law. The drug is out there, it's just woefully shy of the extent it should be. But just as in the case where a Dr Fauci does not become President of the United States in time of medical emergency, DJT knows the prudent level of influence to bring to bear upon the medical community.

You know the answer huh? Okay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:There was a time in this land when the President had heavy influence over all the federal agencies. The CIA for example, or the FBI, the EPA, the DNI, Area 51 and anything else one could name not to mention those agencies we cannot name.

Thanks to the revelatory antics of Clapper and Brennan and Comey and many more, I can assure that those days are past. Since his appointment, Christopher Wray has been sitting on "stunning exculpatory evidence" in the General Flynn case. These agencies are engorged with true believer libs and thus to them as in your own case, 'feelings' trump established law. The drug is out there, it's just woefully shy of the extent it should be. But just as in the case where a Dr Fauci does not become President of the United States in time of medical emergency, DJT knows the prudent level of influence to bring to bear upon the medical community.

You know the answer huh? Okay

Are you kidding me? The man who has fired IGs and directors that have or will preside over some of his most controversial decisions. He also put nearly all of these folks in office. I know off hand he named the FBI and CIA.
That may be the lamest argument I’ve ever heard; the bureaucratic state is too much for Trump. If that is the case, DJT has to go. He ran on draining the swamp and here one of his biggest supporters is saying the swamp is too deep. Wow...

As far as the drug is concerned; it’s not as solid as right wing outlets want to report. There are more instances that question the success and safety at this time. Trump just parroted Faux News that day.

He forgot to tell you, TRT, he has moved on. He hasn’t mentioned this drug cocktail in a few weeks. Lawyers probably told him he could be liable for what he prescribes with his Trump University Degree. Or maybe he lost some cred with his prescription of Clorox and suntans.

I watched his new Press Secretary today, and she said nothing about HCQ and it was all remdesivir. Not sure what has happened to the HCQ talking points.
Yeah well unlike libs like you, my memory is fluid and does not undergo a liberal reset every morning. I can string days together and I remember the resistance, and the threats to impeach that went down simultaneously with his inauguration. Further, I am really looking forward to November 3rd because that day will feature a brand new 4 year reload for the President.

Not a lot of administrations retain the directors that their predecessors appointed, who BTW, appointed those directors because THEY did not want to retain the directors of their predecessors and so on. Fog clearing for you any yet? The swamp is deep. William Barr and John Durham have been peeling back the layers, and I am happy to wait on them to finish their work.

My perception of truth is not dependent upon the opinions of others but even if it were, your opinion wouldn't make so much as a coffee cup ring on the pages that go into the trash. As I said, HCQ will prove to have been very sucessful long before November which will weigh on the mind of every voter. And I'm sure the President will make sure that particular truth gets it's share of airtime. As will the clips of CNN reporters opposing him and the use of HCQ on purely political grounds, and the documents that reveal Adam Schiff's mistruths in the sham impeachment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah well unlike libs like you, my memory is fluid and does not undergo a liberal reset every morning. I can string days together and I remember the resistance, and the threats to impeach that went down simultaneously with his inauguration. Further, I am really looking forward to November 3rd because that day will feature a brand new 4 year reload for the President.

Not a lot of administrations retain the directors that their predecessors appointed, who BTW, appointed those directors because THEY did not want to retain the directors of their predecessors and so on. Fog clearing for you any yet? The swamp is deep. William Barr and John Durham have been peeling back the layers, and I am happy to wait on them to finish their work.

My perception of truth is not dependent upon the opinions of others but even if it were, your opinion wouldn't make so much as a coffee cup ring on the pages that go into the trash. As I said, HCQ will prove to have been very sucessful long before November which will weigh on the mind of every voter. And I'm sure the President will make sure that particular truth gets it's share of airtime. As will the clips of CNN reporters opposing him and the use of HCQ on purely political grounds, and the documents that reveal Adam Schiff's mistruths in the sham impeachment.

Most of the stuff you continue to glitch on doesn't mean a hill of beans right now, and definitely has zero relevance in a Reopening thread.

There is a pandemic that is killing 1000+ Americans a day, and we have a president pushing the nation to reopen without following his own administration's plan.

Exhibit A: Georgia's premature opening has created a new hot-spot stressing the medical community in Albany. I know the day before the reopening Trump criticized the Georgia Gov, but that dude had been taking cues from the president for weeks. This is going to happen in any state that reopens too soon... including here. KY has done pretty well, but our next door neighbor has opened retail and restaurants. I guarantee we will see residual spikes here in Southern KY, because folks are hellbent on eating out and shopping.

Really think about what you are wishing for, because this virus is going to be around this world for at least 36 months or so. If re-elected Trump will be at the wheel of the nation during that entire time; he was tweeting and driving as the pandemic hit, and now he is intentionally steering the nation into the wrong lane. :wtf1:
Cardfan1 Wrote:Most of the stuff you continue to glitch on doesn't mean a hill of beans right now, and definitely has zero relevance in a Reopening thread.

There is a pandemic that is killing 1000+ Americans a day, and we have a president pushing the nation to reopen without following his own administration's plan.

Exhibit A: Georgia's premature opening has created a new hot-spot stressing the medical community in Albany. I know the day before the reopening Trump criticized the Georgia Gov, but that dude had been taking cues from the president for weeks. This is going to happen in any state that reopens too soon... including here. KY has done pretty well, but our next door neighbor has opened retail and restaurants. I guarantee we will see residual spikes here in Southern KY, because folks are hellbent on eating out and shopping.

Really think about what you are wishing for, because this virus is going to be around this world for at least 36 months or so. If re-elected Trump will be at the wheel of the nation during that entire time; he was tweeting and driving as the pandemic hit, and now he is intentionally steering the nation into the wrong lane. :wtf1:

I will agree many times when I respond to your ridiculousness I can be exposed to bad optics. It's like in sports when one plays down to his competition for example. I will also admit my exasperation with those who spend all their time running over factual current events, in order to get to a lie. Such as those times when the entire left deny the factual benefit of HCQ while 70+ thousand languished in death throes at home or in care facilities for the aged, or hospital wards devoid of any drugs whatever. And I admit that I am further vexed when said political faction put their ignorance on display by blaming the President for it all as if he had a thing to do with the medical field. The left scoffing and denying drugs that would have saved thousands while blaming Trump, that's science for you.

But since you question my motives, and it's not like I haven't made them clear at sundry times past, allow me to re-clarify. Like an infected patient dying of CV, I believe this nation's historical dominance is coming to an untimely end. The US is infected with a disease which though curable, rages on unabated because we refuse the cure. Simply put this society in the general sense, turned it's back on God after WW2. We took prayer out of school, we took Scripture reading out of school, we took the 10 Commandments off of school walls, we forbade any mention of God in the school setting whatever.

Next, the plague swept the halls of government and the court system. Nativity scenes were banned from the public square, as were crosses or any symbolism of our Godly heritage. In their places are gender neutral public restrooms, wide open and free abortion, gay rights, and the absurd faces of our national political leaders swearing oath to same.

That fight rages on in this land but no matter the topic of the day, the fight started back when we as a nation became ashamed of Christ. That day began the time when supplanting the foundation of self governance passed down to us thanks to the wisdom of our founders, we adopted instead the secular humanistic approach as the authority to self-govern. Thus my posts routinely slam the scourge of liberalism and often reference our Creator. His alone, was the authority by which we once successfully self governed. Said fact is evidenced by the lawlessness and gridlock in which we presently find ourselves. This nation is in her death throes and there is but ONE way to heal the infection. The Cure as would be administered to the willing, by The Great Physician ---

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I will agree many times when I respond to your ridiculousness I can be exposed to bad optics. It's like in sports when one plays down to his competition for example. I will also admit my exasperation with those who spend all their time running over factual current events, in order to get to a lie. Such as those times when the entire left deny the factual benefit of HCQ while 70+ thousand languished in death throes at home or in care facilities for the aged, or hospital wards devoid of any drugs whatever. And I admit that I am further vexed when said political faction put their ignorance on display by blaming the President for it all as if he had a thing to do with the medical field. The left scoffing and denying drugs that would have saved thousands while blaming Trump, that's science for you.

But since you question my motives, and it's not like I haven't made them clear at sundry times past, allow me to re-clarify. Like an infected patient dying of CV, I believe this nation's historical dominance is coming to an untimely end. The US is infected with a disease which though curable, rages on unabated because we refuse the cure. Simply put this society in the general sense, turned it's back on God after WW2. We took prayer out of school, we took Scripture reading out of school, we took the 10 Commandments off of school walls, we forbade any mention of God in the school setting whatever.

Next, the plague swept the halls of government and the court system. Nativity scenes were banned from the public square, as were crosses or any symbolism of our Godly heritage. In their places are gender neutral public restrooms, wide open and free abortion, gay rights, and the absurd faces of our national political leaders swearing oath to same.

That fight rages on in this land but no matter the topic of the day, the fight started back when we as a nation became ashamed of Christ. That day began the time when supplanting the foundation of self governance passed down to us thanks to the wisdom of our founders, we adopted instead the secular humanistic approach as the authority to self-govern. Thus my posts routinely slam the scourge of liberalism and often reference our Creator. His alone, was the authority by which we once successfully self governed. Said fact is evidenced by the lawlessness and gridlock in which we presently find ourselves. This nation is in her death throes and there is but ONE way to heal the infection. The Cure as would be administered to the willing, by The Great Physician ---

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

So you believe doctors are letting people die to make Trump look bad?
Absurd.

The President's flaws are not in the medical field. His suggestions in that arena have only killed a few. His flaws are in the leadership part of his job...what he was hired to do.

How convenient?! For Trump, everything can be explained away as God's retribution. God has sat back and waited 50-60 years and now has finally decided to punish us for separating church and state and gender neutral bathrooms?

Maybe, but it's just as likely he is punishing for electing DJT to lead the free world?
Maybe he is punishing us because we value money over life?
...And we keep on doing it.
Cardfan1 Wrote:So you believe doctors are letting people die to make Trump look bad?
Absurd.

The President's flaws are not in the medical field. His suggestions in that arena have only killed a few. His flaws are in the leadership part of his job...what he was hired to do.

How convenient?! For Trump, everything can be explained away as God's retribution. God has sat back and waited 50-60 years and now has finally decided to punish us for separating church and state and gender neutral bathrooms?

Maybe, but it's just as likely he is punishing for electing DJT to lead the free world?
For most adults in this world, working is an important part of life. No work, no money, no food, no housing, no happiness. Poor, miserable people tend to vote for Democrat politicians. The coronavirus and the mishandling of the pandemic by liberal governors is all part of the Democrats' agenda of spreading misery and expanding their base.
Cardfan1 Wrote:So you believe doctors are letting people die to make Trump look bad?
Absurd.

]

My post had absolutely zero to do with retribution. It had to do with America leaving the path. But then if I didn't have to explain that, I wouldn't be talking to a flaming lib, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:For most adults in this world, working is an important part of life. No work, no money, no food, no housing, no happiness. Poor, miserable people tend to vote for Democrat politicians. The coronavirus and the mishandling of the pandemic by liberal governors is all part of the Democrats' agenda of spreading misery and expanding their base.

I'm not touching that garbage. :puking:

Which liberal governors? Some Republican governors took the same measures to save lives. Are they trying to expand the liberal base?

So if liberals are trying to expand the base what are Trump Republicans doing: decreasing the surplus population?
Cardfan1 Wrote:I'm not touching that garbage. :puking:

Which liberal governors? Some Republican governors took the same measures to save lives. Are they trying to expand the liberal base?

So if liberals are trying to expand the base what are Trump Republicans doing: decreasing the surplus population?

You'll shovel your own garbage, right Cardfan? :biglmao:

That's why you'll be out in the street on your knees howling this coming November 3rd.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You'll shovel your own garbage, right Cardfan? :biglmao:

That's why you'll be out in the street on your knees howling this coming November 3rd.

Could be howling with laughter! Confusednicker:

But my guess is this nation will be hurting in reaction to the irresponsible actions of our leaders.