Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 63 Shelby Valley 61 (15th Region Semi-Final)
Lawrence County proves once again that they are for real.

Bulldogs got a and one putback with 4 secs remaining to take the lead and win.

Hats off to Keian Worrix. He played a monster game for Shelby Valley. Robinson played very well also.

Congrats Dawgs!

Martin County vs. Lawrence County - Monday night for a trip to the Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena.
Rumor only but I heard a statement made tonight at the Expo by someone that is usually spot on that if Shelby Valley lost you will have seen the last of Hicks on the Valley sideline.
Great game Jim bob
Same old song and dance with Hicks and this Valley team. Hicks has had Potter for 4 years and all they have to show for it is 1 15th region all a title. Not even a 15th region championship game. Valley only played 1 game not on a 15th region floor this year and all those wins and points scored got them a runner up in district and another semi final exit. Had the best player in the Region arguably the last two years with really nothing to show for it.
Congrats Lawrence County. It's going to be an interesting final.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:Same old song and dance with Hicks and this Valley team. Hicks has had Potter for 4 years and all they have to show for it is 1 15th region all a title. Not even a 15th region championship game. Valley only played 1 game not on a 15th region floor this year and all those wins and points scored got them a runner up in district and another semi final exit. Had the best player in the Region arguably the last two years with really nothing to show for it.

Potter seemed off tonight to me. He has a great looking shot, but tonight his feet never seemed to be set on his jump shots and he wasn't near aggressive as he probably should have been about taking the ball to the basket. He was clearly frustrated with himself throughout the game.
I heard Justice is leaving Pikeville, wonder if there is a connection!
Lawrence county has so much heart. Love watching him play.
What games tonight! Can’t wait for the championship although I think Martin County will be too much for Lawrence. But Lawrence is hot right now and if the ya re hitting shots anything can happen.

Cats win by a tip in, Lawrence wins by a tip in, and Martin Co win in OT in the last second. What a day of basketball!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:What games tonight! Can’t wait for the championship although I think Martin County will be too much for Lawrence. But Lawrence is hot right now and if the ya re hitting shots anything can happen.

Cats win by a tip in, Lawrence wins by a tip in, and Martin Co win in OT in the last second. What a day of basketball!

It was an awesome day for a basketball fan that’s for sure!! Also a Martin Co vs Lawrence finals is refreshing. No offense to them but I’m sick of pikeville JC and Valley
Rebounding cost valley this one.
I’ve heard a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is supposed to go down. Let’s just say you seem to have pretty credible sources. Could be a domino effect coming soon. This is in reply to thomcat. Dang it’s been a long time since I’ve posted. Lol
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I’ve heard a lot of behind the scenes stuff that is supposed to go down. Let’s just say you seem to have pretty credible sources. Could be a domino effect coming soon. This is in reply to thomcat. Dang it’s been a long time since I’ve posted. Lol

Good to have you back! Stay with us.

And as far your post. Rumor mills start churning even faster now with seasons ending for some teams. Going to be interesting to see how they play out.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Great game! Lawrence played a nice game and found a way to win after losing a 10 point lead late in the game. Hopefully the championship game will be just as good as either of the semi finals.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Potter seemed off tonight to me. He has a great looking shot, but tonight his feet never seemed to be set on his jump shots and he wasn't near aggressive as he probably should have been about taking the ball to the basket. He was clearly frustrated with himself throughout the game.
7 for 21, seemed pretty aggressive to me.
IntheZone Wrote:Rebounding cost valley this one.
just 1, the last one. SV out rebounded Lawrence 38-36
Belfry_99 Wrote:I heard Justice is leaving Pikeville, wonder if there is a connection!

It may be true I have no idea but in all fairness this is the 3rd straight March that rumor has circulated....has to be true eventually though I guess lol.
[quote=Belfry_99]I heard Justice is leaving Pikeville, wonder if there is a connection![/QUOTE

Where would he go? I just don’t know where he would go. Pikeville will be TOUGH the next two years.
4everUK Wrote:just 1, the last one. SV out rebounded Lawrence 38-36

And the 2 one and one front ends that were rebounded by LC
Hambley Wrote:[quote=Belfry_99]I heard Justice is leaving Pikeville, wonder if there is a connection![/QUOTE

Where would he go? I just don’t know where he would go. Pikeville will be TOUGH the next two years.

Just heard rumblings that a certain coach who just "retired" wants the job. Wild idea but I did hear the rumor.
Just another year and another post season collapse for Hicks. Same thing every year. You can see him arguing with his own players and then he takes one out and sits there and screams in their face. Then if you ever watch his interviews he talks about how all of the other coaches in the region does it wrong. And he really said that and I just kept thinking about what he had won in the post season and then I realized he hadn’t won anything. He has the schools all time leading scorer and rebounder in potter and all time assist leader in worrix and has not been able to win a district championship in that 4 year span or even make a regional championship game. Maybe he should soften that schedule up a little more.
Belfry_99 Wrote:[quote=Hambley]

Just heard rumblings that a certain coach who just "retired" wants the job. Wild idea but I did hear the rumor.
Wow
Per David & Darryl Sports via Facebook:

Breaking News, Hicks has resigned.
Hicks has in fact resigned. Looks like my sources were spot on. By the way "resigned" means step down before we officially meet and fire your butt.
THOMCAT Wrote:Hicks has in fact resigned. Looks like my sources were spot on. By the way "resigned" means step down before we officially meet and fire your butt.

It’s a polite way of letting him resign without having a fired asterisk put on his resume.
#BBFL
It was obvious by watching the game that Hicks had lost complete control of the team. Sad to see, but by the way they were arguing with him the past couple of games something had to give. Hicks will be heading to PC next to take over as head coach there I believe.
Heard the exact same thing earlier today. I do believe it will more than likely happen.