Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 65 Clay County 58
Final from the 13th Region Tournament. Congratulations to Coach Michael Jones and the Harlan County Black Bears.
Can check the game flow in the updates thread. In short, Harlan County survived the first half after Taylor Spurlock picked up two very quick fouls. Clay County led by as many as 8 on different occasions in the first, but Harlan County cut it to one going into the half. Harlan County stood their ground defensively and limited Clay County's offense in the second half and their kids kept their composure and stepped up time and time again by taking care of the ball, showing patience and hitting key baskets when they needed them, and making their free throws down the stretch.
SCORING:

Scoring breakdown per the radio broadcast.

Clay County:

Connor Robinson - 18
Connor Farmer - 12
Evan Langdon - 11
Jacob Begley - 7
Raven Abner - 6
Jacob Curry - 4

Harlan County:

Trent Noah - 18
Jackson Cole - 14
Tyler Huff - 14
Taylor Spurlock - 12
Jacob Wilson - 8
Happens when you're that badly outclassed at the coaching position. Bright side is that Gray is more than likely done now, but Clay doesn't have a prayer to win region any time in the foreseeable future.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Happens when you're that badly outclassed at the coaching position. Bright side is that Gray is more than likely done now, but Clay doesn't have a prayer to win region any time in the foreseeable future.

Last year it was "we were hurt". The year before it was "we are young".

Wondering what his excuse will be this year.
JokersWild24 Wrote:Last year it was "we were hurt". The year before it was "we are young".

Wondering what his excuse will be this year.

"I want the h#ll out of here!!" Lol.
Congratulations Black Bears!!!!

UK came back after being down by 18 to beat Florida, Auburn embarrasses Tennessee.....WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!!
Clay will be top five going into next season with Robinson, Farmer, Abner and Farmer all back.
The 8th grader Noah was able to play through the bumps and hand checks. Was nice to watch a game where there wasn’t 40 foul calls. Big shooting by Huff kept the Bears close with Spurlock on the Bench in foul trouble. Cole does what he always does and scores in bunches slashing, while Wilson had some big plays. Big win for Harlan County.
Clay county 100% out coached. Plain and simple. Never made an adjustment for HC taking them off them dribble. Can’t have a center guarding a guard on the perimeter. No answer for the 8 th grader off the bounce either. Zone???????????????????
Total team effort! HC was great defensively in the second half. Big plays from Noah, Spurlock and Cole off the dribble. Wilson chipped in with shooting and playmaking. Huff was huge all game with big shots and a few drives of his own. Great win!!
HCS Wrote:Clay will be top five going into next season with Robinson, Farmer, Abner and Farmer all back.

Clay County is never going to win with Glenn. He's been the head coach of Clay County for four years (over two stints). In total, he has won two regional tournament games (one of those being on his home floor), which is as many times as he's been beaten out in a district semi-final.

The first Clay County team that he took over had a great deal of success at the youth AAU levels and had a couple of senior starters who'd played varsity as 8th graders, with one of those two starting as a freshman.

Facts are facts. He'd be an okay assistant but I don't know how anyone can say he's a quality head coach. Clay County will go into next year top five in terms of talent but will never get past teams with solid coaching so long as they have anywhere near the talent that he has, and the talent gap isn't THAT wide. There are people in the community who know the game and are far more proven than he is who would be more than willing to help him, but it's my understanding that they are more or less brushed off-- it's as if Glenn is afraid that what they say might actually work and he might not get credit for it or he's being too stubborn to just accept that he isn't the coach he thinks that he is.
Can Clay just open the head coaching position now? Enough of the embarrassment. He never makes adjustments. Clay should never celebrate a DISTRICT championship like they did last week! Glenn just can’t get the job done. It’s not personal, it’s just the facts.
The 8th grader from Harlan showed the region just how good he is today. The bright lights didn’t phase him
HCS Wrote:Clay will be top five going into next season with Robinson, Farmer, Abner and Farmer all back.

IF they stay?????? heard after game they're gone somewhere else
Didn’t they vote Glenn coach of the year? 🤔 Now that he lost a game he’s no good I’m confused!! 🤪
He’s never been any good, this group was suppose to win multiple regions. The future was bright and it may have been had they not forced the coach out.
NLFAN Wrote:Didn’t they vote Glenn coach of the year? �� Now that he lost a game he’s no good I’m confused!! ��

Who in the world voted for him as Coach of the Year? If it's a media vote you do realize that he's the VP of the newspaper in Manchester, correct?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Happens when you're that badly outclassed at the coaching position. Bright side is that Gray is more than likely done now, but Clay doesn't have a prayer to win region any time in the foreseeable future.

He's not done until he want's to be done. One of his employee's is on the board. Lol
Truth99 Wrote:He’s never been any good, this group was suppose to win multiple regions. The future was bright and it may have been had they not forced the coach out.

That plus ... just think if Clay could've kept a player or 2 that isn't playing there any longer
Hat's off to he 8rh grader from Harlan, played one heck of a game 👍👍👍
sky is falling. Should be a interesting few weeks to see if they open up job or stay with status quo. I’m thinking he stays.
NLFAN Wrote:Didn’t they vote Glenn coach of the year? 🤔 Now that he lost a game he’s no good I’m confused!! 🤪

Easy to fall off the band wagon lol
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:sky is falling. Should be a interesting few weeks to see if they open up job or stay with status quo. I’m thinking he stays.

I think he's staying also until he wants to leave OR until he pisses his employee Hoskins off and he loses his job 🤣😂🤣😂
Hey JaytTiger, where you at?????
Top 3 teams that was suppose to be untouchable isn't even in it now
Yeah JayTiger, where you at been very quiet!!
Posters, neither JayTiger or Clay's coach is the topic of this thread.

Back to comments about the game.
I heard Clay was going to hire Edgar Dean Asher next season. Im sure he can improve the program drastically.
Is there any room on the BLACK BEAR band wagon. They were very impressive.
The Eighth grader is a Hoss
:Thumbs::