Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 74 Corbin 58
Pietrowski overrated IMO. Corbin basically runs no offense, just jacks up a bunch of threes and hopes for the best.
According to the Hound fan base hands down the best in region. Good luck with that.Congrats Black Bears.
The Hound fan base is misinformed
I heard from a parent a bunch of the Corbin kids were sick tonight
Pussell Gut Wrote:I heard from a parent a bunch of the Corbin kids were sick tonight

Before the game or after?🤷*♂️🤷*♂️
Pietrowski was a tremendous player and a very good coach. Michael Jones must be pretty good, too, though. I think he's 3-0 against Corbin in the regional tourney.
The Ref's called good tonight. Too bad the 13th region refs can't call like this throughout the year.
HCS Wrote:Pietrowski was a tremendous player and a very good coach. Michael Jones must be pretty good, too, though. I think he's 3-0 against Corbin in the regional tourney.

I believe Mike Sr. had a very sterling record against Corbin as well.

Not at all surprised by the outcome but a bit surprised by the margin.

Very impressed with what I've seen from Akal of Harlan so if the Bears (who I admittedly know little about) took them down and then slayed a second straight dragon by beating Corbin in their backyard they are going to be capable of beating anyone if they play well, especially a Clay County team that struggled with Barbourville.
Jokerwild24 yeah clay co did struggle to me! I figured clay would have beat Barbourville by way more than that.
Congratulations Black Bears!!!
I don't think Coach P is overrated. But I do think Coach Jones is extremely underrated. I think people were putting too much stock into Corbin's most recent game vs South.
NLFAN Wrote:Jokerwild24 yeah clay co did struggle to me! I figured clay would have beat Barbourville by way more than that.

I listened and it sounded like Clay controlled most of the game from the 2nd quarter on. Mentally, it might have been a good thing for them that it tightened up and they still came out with a win, but it was not the best sign that they let them cut it to two so late in the game before they pushed it back out again.
Congratulations to Jones and the Bears. They had already defeated Corbin once this year. Harlan will have their hands full with Clay Saturday but would like to see the Black Bears upset Clay but not sure if they can.
Love it corbyn