Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tourney???????????
Is it 2 sessions on wed/Thursday?🤦*♂️ 6:30 pm and 8:15 pm are start times..

R they gonna kick u out after first game??
Good question.
Where’s it being held?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
No,, they are not having split sessions
It will be held at Knott County Central. March 4, 5, 8, and 10th

Two games on the 4th and 5th. Starting at 6ish

Two games on the 8th. Starting at 2ish

Championship game on the 10th at 7ish
Twitter: @tc_analytics

14th no longer allows split sessions. It may be statewide, not for sure.

The venues that used to do it that still host Region, like Breathitt County, no longer do split sessions.
Region should be in Breathitt Co ever year.
skydiver1 Wrote:Region should be in Breathitt Co ever year.
the only bad thing I see with that is the hard wooden seats. Major butthurt
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I like it the way it is. All four districts get to host the regional tournament at their largest venue on a four year rotation. It’s fair to fans in all sections of the region as occasionally getting the tournament on or close to their schools. Knott and Perry are the representatives for the southern parts of the 14th region and Breathitt and Powell are the representative hosts for the northern counties.

I think it's a pretty good spread right now.
The girls tournament is the one that's really rough.
I'm sure they all like getting a chance to host, but a couple years ago you had Knott and Hazard playing in the finals at Estill County.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think it's a pretty good spread right now.
I'm sure they all like getting a chance to host, but a couple years ago you had Knott and Hazard playing in the finals at Estill County.

So? IF you want each district to host in boys, or in girls this is always a possibility. That's why you need a centralized location like a Breahitt County. Most districts in the state have a centralized venue for their tournaments. Or at least the semi finals and finals.
jumpshooter Wrote:So? IF you want each district to host in boys, or in girls this is always a possibility. That's why you need a centralized location like a Breahitt County. Most districts in the state have a centralized venue for their tournaments. Or at least the semi finals and finals.

It's not a possibility in the boys because Estill isn't in the rotation.

Estill County played Hazard at Letcher Central last night. I was there doing radio and we talked to Coach Hughes before the game. She made the comment that "We didn't drive this far just to watch a ballgame." Folks just don't like making those drives. It's at least 2 1/2 hours on a bus. They played the late game last night and likely didn't make it home until after midnight after a hard fought game. I would wager not many of them came to school today.

I think Estill has great facilities, but it's a rough drive for them and everyone else.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's not a possibility in the boys because Estill isn't in the rotation.

Estill County played Hazard at Letcher Central last night. I was there doing radio and we talked to Coach Hughes before the game. She made the comment that "We didn't drive this far just to watch a ballgame." Folks just don't like making those drives. It's at least 2 1/2 hours on a bus. They played the late game last night and likely didn't make it home until after midnight after a hard fought game. I would wager not many of them came to school today.

I think Estill has great facilities, but it's a rough drive for them and everyone else.

I think EC would much rather drive to LCC for the regional tournament, than to be back in the 40th district with Montgomery and GRC. Most schools in the 14th would be lucky to ever compete for a district title, and most years even a trip to the regional tournament in almost all non-classed sports.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's not a possibility in the boys because Estill isn't in the rotation.

Letcher and Estill are the opposite ends of the Region. So neither should host if your argument is that Estill should not host. That it why a centralized location would be best!
zaga_fan Wrote:I think it's a pretty good spread right now.

And Estill and Owsley have to drive over 2 hours this year to play their regional games at Letcher.
It’s a long trip for both fan bases when either hosts the tournament but as an old saying goes, “that road runs both ways”. It’s only fair to spread it around to different sites. However, I will admit seven different sites for girls is a little much. That number should be no more than 4 or 5.
why should it be at Breathitt every year?
jumpshooter Wrote:Letcher and Estill are the opposite ends of the Region. So neither should host if your argument is that Estill should not host. That it why a centralized location would be best!

I don't disagree.
I'm not on some crusade against Estill County.

I think Breathitt is a good location, but the facilities aren't the finest.

The coliseum looks awesome, but there are bigger venues with better parking and speaking as a member of the media, it's not really great for all the different TV/radio stations who want to come.

I know everyone will roll their eyes, but taking location and facilities into consideration, I think Perry Central is the best the region has to offer if they wanted to pick a single location.

I think Knott officially holds a few more people, but what's available for media in terms of internet and seating, the parking and distance from other schools, I think Perry is the best bet.

That's what the All-A schools agreed on for semis and finals for several years. But Perry had a hard time staffing the tournament and they moved it to Breathitt.
Y'all calm down with the exclamation marks.
I don't like getting yelled at while I'm reading.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't disagree.
I'm not on some crusade against Estill County.

I think Breathitt is a good location, but the facilities aren't the finest.

The coliseum looks awesome, but there are bigger venues with better parking and speaking as a member of the media, it's not really great for all the different TV/radio stations who want to come.

I know everyone will roll their eyes, but taking location and facilities into consideration, I think Perry Central is the best the region has to offer if they wanted to pick a single location.

I think Knott officially holds a few more people, but what's available for media in terms of internet and seating, the parking and distance from other schools, I think Perry is the best bet.

That's what the All-A schools agreed on for semis and finals for several years. But Perry had a hard time staffing the tournament and they moved it to Breathitt.

Oh I know you're not. It just hard really. We do not have a place like Morehead State like the 16th does, and place like EKU that the 11th does, or a place like to Corbin arena like the 13th does. It's just different. As far as other sports go, I firmly believe that Estill has the best baseball facilities (inside the actual field) that the region has to offer. Although I do not make it to as many games as I would like. It's just tough for other teams, and its tough for Estill if its up that way, like last year at Letcher.
jumpshooter Wrote:So? IF you want each district to host in boys, or in girls this is always a possibility. That's why you need a centralized location like a Breahitt County. Most districts in the state have a centralized venue for their tournaments. Or at least the semi finals and finals.
But the 14th doesn't have a Corbin Arena or Expo Center.

In my opinion Knott County has the best gym and it’s not even debatable.
In my opinion, it should be held at Perry or Knott due to more seating and parking availability. Breathitt is a good location but the gym is not up to date with the bleachers and parking is horrendous sometimes during the previous regional tournaments held there.
Knott honestly just needs another exit or two from the parking lot