Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11th Region Draw
Semifinals and Finals at EKU. Quarterfinals are played at the district winners.

Tuesday Mar. 4:

7:00-Franklin Co. at Lexington Catholic
7:00-Berea at Frederick Douglass
7:00-Tates Creek at Madison Central
7:00-Scott Co. at Frankfort

Thursday, Mar. 5 semifinals at EKU at 6:30 & 8:00
Saturday, Mar. 7 finals at EKU at 7:30
*Officials from the 6th & 7th Region.
The finals is actually at 5:00pm on March 7.
Madison Central gonna sneak in and win the 11th
They could or they could lose to Tates Creek in the first game.
16BBall Fan Wrote:They could or they could lose to Tates Creek in the first game.

True...but I can’t remember the 11th Region being this weak!
i don't understand how Central got the home court first round. Creek has a better record and a stronger RPI.
cadets1988 Wrote:i don't understand how Central got the home court first round. Creek has a better record and a stronger RPI.

Records and RPI not used for basketball. District winners get to host, Tates Creek didn't win there district
Central win their district Creek did not
First round winners tonight were Frederick Douglass over Berea 73-32. Tates Creek over Madison Central 57-55. Scott Co. 71-58 over Frankfort. Lexington Catholic over Franklin Co. 76-49.
The semifinals will consist of both 42nd district and 43rd district teams.
well Creek won last night so its a non issue.
[quote=cadets1988]well Creek won last night so its a non issue.[/QUOTE

Never was an issue. You must be new to Ky high school basketball, a district champion is always paired with a runner-up in opening round of region by blind draw, just can’t be runner-up from your own district. Now most regions play all rounds at one site, but the 6th, 7th and 11th let district winners host first round, final four then goes to a pre-determined site. I always felt like all regions should do this, gives a more substantial reward for winning your district.
no not knew at all. thanks
Madison Central/ Berea 44th district make an early exit yet again....That has to be the weakest district in the state.
ironfist13 Wrote:Madison Central/ Berea 44th district make an early exit yet again....That has to be the weakest district in the state.

That's quite a stretch.

I refuse to believe an Allen Feldhaus coached team is the weakest in anything. Lots of success over the course of his career and has came out of a tough 11th and made too many runs in Rupp to believe otherwise. Not the flashiest but always gritty, tough teams that value possessions, pound the glass, and defend.