Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 51 Shelby Valley 50 (59th District Championship)
The Panthers with the 4 peat. Elisha Justice with his best coaching job just out coached Jim Hicks again.
Everyone else was on the floor tonight. But it was Potter vs. Sammons the whole game. Potter hits a huge 3 with 26 seconds left to put Valley up 1. Sammons goes down the court and drives right to the rim to win it.

Can we all agree 15th region officials are just terrible?

Now the real tourney starts. I look for both to make deep runs.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville owns the 59th District
The margin of victory for the Panthers!!! Wow! Hopefully, as expected, the Region stays this tight.
Gotta give justice his due. To win the district with those injuries is incredible.
Region tournament is going to be must see
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Region tournament is going to be must see

Absolutely! Can’t wait to see the draw!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Awesome to watch this group come together & overcome a lot of adversity this season! Basically playing without a true guard, but able to continue to be competitive. Awesome work, Panthers. Great, great basketball game.
Pikeville's last 4 games decided by 1 point. Amazing.
Last 8 games margin is 2,2,8,2,1,1,1,1
Against a pretty good bunch of teams.
Congrats Panthers!

Feb 1, 20 Madison Central home (W) 67 - 65 Click
Feb 8, 20 South Laurel home (L) 65 - 67 Click (overtime)
Feb 10, 20 East Ridge away (W) 62 - 54 Click
Feb 15, 20 Lawrence County away (W) 59 - 57 Click
Feb 18, 20 Paintsville home (L) 67 - 68 Click
Feb 20, 20 Martin County away (L) 49 - 50 Click
Feb 25, 20 East Ridge at Jenkins Middle High School (W) 68 - 67 no 59th District
(overtime)
Feb 27, 20 Shelby Valley at Jenkins Middle High School (W) 51 - 50 no 59th District
Championship
Congrats to Coach Justice and the Panthers!!! If Valley doesn’t come back to win the region, does Hicks seat start getting warmer?
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville's last 4 games decided by 1 point. Amazing.
Last 8 games margin is 2,2,8,2,1,1,1,1
Against a pretty good bunch of teams.
Congrats Panthers!

Feb 1, 20 Madison Central home (W) 67 - 65 Click
Feb 8, 20 South Laurel home (L) 65 - 67 Click (overtime)
Feb 10, 20 East Ridge away (W) 62 - 54 Click
Feb 15, 20 Lawrence County away (W) 59 - 57 Click
Feb 18, 20 Paintsville home (L) 67 - 68 Click
Feb 20, 20 Martin County away (L) 49 - 50 Click
Feb 25, 20 East Ridge at Jenkins Middle High School (W) 68 - 67 no 59th District
(overtime)
Feb 27, 20 Shelby Valley at Jenkins Middle High School (W) 51 - 50 no 59th District
Championship

That is truly amazing.
The Results are in Elisha is Hicks’s daddy ��
A few posters on here have been counting the Panthers out the last few weeks. Saying Valley was going to give them another butt whooping and so on. I bet it had to hurt their soul that the Panthers came out on top last night.

I’ve watched this rivalry for several years now and it seems to me Coach Hicks runs the same offensive play for the last four years. Thumps up and its just a few screens to get Potter a shot. Never changes anything up. Very predictable. The Panthers were able to limit the other players last night and it seemed for stretches the other Valley players were just worried about getting Potter looks instead of attacking the Panthers.

Even with the injuries. E. Justice has shown in the last four years you can’t count out one of his teams. Congrats Panthers on proving everyone wrong.
A great coach does makes a big difference
Panther defense was awesome. At one point SV went 7 minutes without scoring a point. That loss is gonna give a district winner a horrible draw in the regional tournament. That will help Pikeville more then anything. Should be a great regional
Both teams struggled from the free throw line as well in this one. A lot of free points left at the line on 1 and 1 shots at the end of the game.
#BBFL
Lets see who goes the farthest now and then we can say whose daddy is who. District Championship game is a wasted game. Meaningless pretty much. Should just have a super regional with top ranked teams.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Lets see who goes the farthest now and then we can say whose daddy is who. District Championship game is a wasted game. Meaningless pretty much. Should just have a super regional with top ranked teams.

Just like the last 3 seasons Valley and Hicks have won. Oh wait that’s been Justice and the Panthers. Two region titles and one runner up. While Valley has lost in semis.

Also name another team in this region who loses 2 of their top 3 players and do what the Panthers did last night.
Surprised the Panthers won the district title in what is in reality a rebuilding year with all the injuries and young guys.
Last play - a 5’5 kid trying to guard a 6’6 kid with the game on the line. Unbelievable.
4everUK Wrote:Last play - a 5’5 kid trying to guard a 6’6 kid with the game on the line. Unbelievable.

He guarded him off and on all night along with #14 or 15
#BBFL
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Lets see who goes the farthest now and then we can say whose daddy is who. District Championship game is a wasted game. Meaningless pretty much. Should just have a super regional with top ranked teams.

It doesn’t matter who goes the furthest in four district championships Elisha’s team has beat Hicks teams even when he was suppose to I love it. Hicks acts like a idiot on the sidelines his assistant coaches grabbing him like he’s going to whip someone screaming acting foolish I hate it for his kids but sometimes you get what you deserve. Two years ago when my son was a senior at Belfry I loved watching him act like a idiot after we beat them in the region tournament his sidelines looks like a circus with Hicks the main event Lmao ��. But the kids at SV are great kids. Oh yea we used to have the Super Region and it sucked.
This was a very good game..SV trailed the whole game but it ended up being a great game down the stretch..couldn’t have ask for a better championship game.