Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 68 East Ridge 67 (OT)
My hats off to the Warriors. They did everything right and just came up a little short. They were the better team last night but the Panthers seem to make just enough plays down the stretch to escape. Warriors passed and shot the ball well and don't seem to make a lot of mistakes to hurt themselves. Pikeville forward Nick Robinson played extremely well tonight and had some good put backs and catch and finishes late in the game to help the Panthers. With him and Sammons along with Lockhart and Hall all of whom are just sophomores the next two years for the Panthers looks good if they can stay healthy. I don't see Pikeville beating Valley but could win a game or two in Region depending on matchups.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:My hats off to the Warriors. They did everything right and just came up a little short. They were the better team last night but the Panthers seem to make just enough plays down the stretch to escape. Warriors passed and shot the ball well and don't seem to make a lot of mistakes to hurt themselves. Pikeville forward Nick Robinson played extremely well tonight and had some good put backs and catch and finishes late in the game to help the Panthers. With him and Sammons along with Lockhart and Hall all of whom are just sophomores the next two years for the Panthers looks good if they can stay healthy. I don't see Pikeville beating Valley but could win a game or two in Region depending on matchups.
I have a feeling we will see a lot of games like last night's in the next two years between these two teams (ER has a handful of sophomores as well - Woods from ER is the most underrated player in the region IMO). I was impressed with him in this one.
Good job to all

If East Ridge got somebody in that building to improve the athletes in the school, they could have a good athletic program.
TribePride Wrote:Good job to all

If East Ridge got somebody in that building to improve the athletes in the school, they could have a good athletic program.

No doubt. Back in the day if you would have combined the Elkhorn City, Millard and Feds Creek basketball teams you would have had a top regional contender every year.
jetpilot Wrote:No doubt. Back in the day if you would have combined the Elkhorn City, Millard and Feds Creek basketball teams you would have had a top regional contender every year.

Plus, Look at what their feeders do year after year
😳
Basketball team hasn't lifted weights since Dr. Hurley left. It shows. Coaching is fine. In all sports. Its when the kids don't develop is when the school suffers.
There are some that lift weights faithfully