Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 41 Estill County 40
Hazard wins it with free throws with no time on the clock.

Estill was without big man Dylan Long.
Estill had chances to win it but key misses down the stretch.
I am not blaming a ref for Estill's loss, but they should probably buy him a steak dinner. Has Estill proven themselves to anybody yet? Gave Hazard all they wanted without Long and with Benton under the weather as well. Nice job Estill,way to represent.
#clear the tracks
I’m proud of them they never give up.
I thought the game was called pretty straight up. The call at the end of the game was a foul. Sucks for Estill because they fought hard to come back and tie the game but Pelfrey was smart and knew what he was doing. Good game.
Was a foul at the end but the initial call was on the ground which is why they said it was a 1 and 1 and they put a 1 second back on the clock..then after Pelfery misses the first they turn it into a shooting foul and take the second off..the actual foul was on the shot but that was not what originally was called.
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:Was a foul at the end but the initial call was on the ground which is why they said it was a 1 and 1 and they put a 1 second back on the clock..then after Pelfery misses the first they turn it into a shooting foul and take the second off..the actual foul was on the shot but that was not what originally was called.
Very questionable ending to an otherwise great game.
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:Very questionable ending to an otherwise great game.

I heard the same thing.
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:Was a foul at the end but the initial call was on the ground which is why they said it was a 1 and 1 and they put a 1 second back on the clock..then after Pelfery misses the first they turn it into a shooting foul and take the second off..the actual foul was on the shot but that was not what originally was called.

The 1 second was put back on the clock so the red lights on the backboard went off. If clock is at 0.00 all the red lights are lit up. on the last foul Estill plaster went for steal and fouled Pelfrey. If he doesn't try for steal not sure Pelfrey would have got a decent shot off. Benton took over game in 4th quarter. Maybe played t unselfish first three quarters. Great game that should benefit both teams heading into district. This game showed the lasting affects of Hatcher ball in the 14th. First one to 40 wins.
nannook Wrote:The 1 second was put back on the clock so the red lights on the backboard went off. If clock is at 0.00 all the red lights are lit up. on the last foul Estill plaster went for steal and fouled Pelfrey. If he doesn't try for steal not sure Pelfrey would have got a decent shot off. Benton took over game in 4th quarter. Maybe played t unselfish first three quarters. Great game that should benefit both teams heading into district. This game showed the lasting affects of Hatcher ball in the 14th. First one to 40 wins.

If u go back and watch the end on video on wsgs. It will show that the light was off before he shot the 2nd free throw and just before the release of said shot 1 second was put back on the clock. Also, I do not claim to be an expert on khsaa rules, but it would seem to me that if one referee blew a foul on the floor and one blew a foul in the act of shooting which is what I believe happened in this case,then just like any other play when shot is attempted after a whistle has been blown for the foul on the floor,the shot attempt is waved off.
In this case if it was indeed a foul on the floor called first ,there should certainly have been time added back not to mention that the first free throw was missed meaning there would have been no 2nd attempt and most likely meant OT.
This game meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things ,other than maybe a chance for the Engineers to earn a little r e s p e c t , playing the "best" team in the region currently on their home floor.
But with a couple of whistles and a finger wag those refs said, no no no
Not today.
Estill has limped home and are licking their wounds and will live to fight another day once again with no respect from most. The "best" 14th region team will be crowned in a few short weeks and with it the respect it deserves.
#mutumbogothimselfawhistle
#thelittleenginethatcould
#clear the tracks
#respect
nannook Wrote:The 1 second was put back on the clock so the red lights on the backboard went off. If clock is at 0.00 all the red lights are lit up. on the last foul Estill plaster went for steal and fouled Pelfrey. If he doesn't try for steal not sure Pelfrey would have got a decent shot off. Benton took over game in 4th quarter. Maybe played t unselfish first three quarters. Great game that should benefit both teams heading into district. This game showed the lasting affects of Hatcher ball in the 14th. First one to 40 wins.

Not saying it wasn’t a foul..but the initial call on the foul was in the floor..no matter if they are a second on the clock or not that was only their 7th team foul which means it should have been 1 and the bonus so Pelfrey missed the first then it should have went into overtime. I don’t think estill could have beat them in overtime Benton was killed from carrying them on his back the whole 4th quarter..but the whole purpose of my post was why did he get 2 shots when the foul was on the floor?
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:Not saying it wasn’t a foul..but the initial call on the foul was in the floor..no matter if they are a second on the clock or not that was only their 7th team foul which means it should have been 1 and the bonus so Pelfrey missed the first then it should have went into overtime. I don’t think estill could have beat them in overtime Benton was killed from carrying them on his back the whole 4th quarter..but the whole purpose of my post was why did he get 2 shots when the foul was on the floor?
1 second on the clock is irrelevant.
How could there have been a foul with no time left on the clock eaither the foul occurred during regulation or we go to overtime
When the ref came to the scores table he signaled two shots. The ref has the clock keeper put time back on the clock because he thought the red lights around the clock i Wasn’t fair to be on. And both feet were off the court and the player was trying to shoot when the foul was called. I thought it was an ok called game and the foul at the end was definitely a foul
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:Very questionable ending to an otherwise great game.

I don’t know how anybody couldn’t think that was a foul. Estill player hit hazard player across both arms.
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:If u go back and watch the end on video on wsgs. It will show that the light was off before he shot the 2nd free throw and just before the release of said shot 1 second was put back on the clock. Also, I do not claim to be an expert on khsaa rules, but it would seem to me that if one referee blew a foul on the floor and one blew a foul in the act of shooting which is what I believe happened in this case,then just like any other play when shot is attempted after a whistle has been blown for the foul on the floor,the shot attempt is waved off.
In this case if it was indeed a foul on the floor called first ,there should certainly have been time added back not to mention that the first free throw was missed meaning there would have been no 2nd attempt and most likely meant OT.
This game meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things ,other than maybe a chance for the Engineers to earn a little r e s p e c t , playing the "best" team in the region currently on their home floor.
But with a couple of whistles and a finger wag those refs said, no no no
Not today.
Estill has limped home and are licking their wounds and will live to fight another day once again with no respect from most. The "best" 14th region team will be crowned in a few short weeks and with it the respect it deserves.
#mutumbogothimselfawhistle
#thelittleenginethatcould
#clear the tracks
#respect
First , both feet were off the ground and he was in the act of shooting. Second, the time was put back on the clock for the sole purpose of removing the red lights from around the backboard, not because there was any time left in the game. Third, if two refs have different calls on the same play the call is made by the ref whose area it’s in and who has the best view. As soon as the foul was called the ref signaled two shots and the hazard player was definitely fouled while in the act of shooting
COMPETE EVERY PLAY Wrote:1 second on the clock is irrelevant.

It wasn’t about the one second. It was rather the foul was on the floor or on the shot. Nobody is disagreeing it wasn’t a foul. The question is rather the FIRST whistle blown was the foul on the floor.
hitter Wrote:I don’t know how anybody couldn’t think that was a foul. Estill player hit hazard player across both arms.
I dont recall questioning a foul being called. However,if the referee came to the scorers table and signaled 2 shots then why did the announcer say over the pa system that it was a 1 and 1.
Wsgs on Facebook is your friend if anyone doubts this.
basketballx2 Wrote:It wasn’t about the one second. It was rather the foul was on the floor or on the shot. Nobody is disagreeing it wasn’t a foul. The question is rather the FIRST whistle blown was the foul on the floor.
Exactly
hitter Wrote:First , both feet were off the ground and he was in the act of shooting. Second, the time was put back on the clock for the sole purpose of removing the red lights from around the backboard, not because there was any time left in the game. Third, if two refs have different calls on the same play the call is made by the ref whose area it’s in and who has the best view. As soon as the foul was called the ref signaled two shots and the hazard player was definitely fouled while in the act of shooting
First, like I said earlier, in the grand scheme of things this game meant just about nothing.
Second, feet in the air,(shoe on or off),time on the clock or not, red lights or blue lights or foul on the floor or shooting foul all are being looked at by us who have the ability to watch it on video after the fact. The refs made their call(s) based on what they saw in real time on something that happened in a fraction of a second without review. So be it. Hazard won. Congrats. Slow clap.
Third, the real story here is that Estill was in this game without Long and playing Benton who was nowhere near 100% due to fighting off a virus.
Hopefully, we will get another chance at the Bulldogs.
#clear the tracks
#bluelightspecial
#rippedlikeapairofslacks
Sounds like it was a great game