Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard drops 2nd game in a row to Summerset
Hazard losing 2nd game in a row to Summerset by 13 after losing to South laurel by 15
Its spelled Somerset.
Sorry
Don't forget they won 7 in a row
Didn’t know you could lose two games in a row by 13 and 15 and your rpi go up but I guess it does for hazard
Hazard has played some really good teams over the last couple of weeks.
Capped off by them defeating North Laurel who is one of the best teams in the state.
That win would have to be the best win the 14th Region could claim this season so far.
North Laurel one of the best teams in the state? Do what? Maybe top 50.
They are 23-4 and 11th in the state according to their rpi.
No way. Wouldnt be in Top 10 in Louisville Region.
Hazard has lost 3 in a row now Letcher beat them by 13 last night their rpi has dropped a little now but should have dropped a lot more lost 2 by 13 and 1 by 15 Somerset is like 500 won and lost 14 games
Somerset has plays in a region that is very strong. Every game is a tuff one.
Their rpi is just .51402
Danville is .61942 they beat Hazard by 19 and only beat Wolfe by last second free throw back earlier Wolfe lost first game against Hazard by 8 then lost to Wolfe a week later by 10 worse loss Wolfe has was Perry Central the other two losses where in Tennessee and both were great teams now Hazard has lost their last 3 by 13-15-13
I just dont think the RPI is real accurate. I feel like the 12th Region is much stronger than the 14th region as a whole. Somerset plays better quality teams day in day out. Wolfe has a good squad, not saying they dont. Just saying Somerset is good enough to win the 14th. If you look back, McCreary Central beat Knott and McCreary is one of the bottom tier teams in the 12th. 14th Region is wide spankin open for anyone that gets hot.
Other than north Laurel they have a cpl wins against clay the other big teams they have played are loses by 10-20 points I think Wolfe Owsley and Letcher should be ranked higher than hazard Letcher has played some good teams as with Owsley and Wolfe played within 1 of Danville and won most of their games by 20-50 pts I do understand the rpi rankings but when you lose 3 in a row by 13-15 pts should drop your rpi by more than .0600 I guess it’s done by computer and doesn’t look at it that way Hazard is a good team just not the top team in the 14th like the rpi has them I just needed something to rant about no one talking much on here about the girls saying plenty about the boys guess I’ll harass fatpat he will respond with something or some character like his posts
DukeBoy Wrote:I just dont think the RPI is real accurate. I feel like the 12th Region is much stronger than the 14th region as a whole. Somerset plays better quality teams day in day out. Wolfe has a good squad, not saying they dont. Just saying Somerset is good enough to win the 14th. If you look back, McCreary Central beat Knott and McCreary is one of the bottom tier teams in the 12th. 14th Region is wide spankin open for anyone that gets hot.

I think from top to bottom, the 12th region is the strongest region in the state. They always have 5 to 6 schools in the Cantrell top 25.
And they will have a school that 6th or 7th in their region that would be the best team in the 14th.
[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/a2d9fbbb...id=8051440] Ole Fatpat surprised it took the Bulldoggies a lil time to lose several in a row!Summerset is when ole Fatpat usually sleeps after a big meal! #knewitwascoming #notenoughrocksforeverybody More mash taters please!!!
Hazard has now lost the last 4 games and by double digits on their last five loosing games and they still have them with highest rpi in the region something just ain’t right