Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Pike Co Team
So after Eastern Ky dominated the state championships I got to thinking, those pansy teams down state better be glad we don't have schools in 5A too. I don't even consider 6A a class in Ky, Louisville can keep it. But anyway, I thought I wonder what if Pike Co had just one big school?? Here would be my all Pike co team. I put what I felt was the best kids on the team and I put them on both sides of the ball if I felt they deserved to be there. I'm not for just putting kids on there just so more kids can make it. I watch a lot of football in this county. I'm pretending I have a 36 man roster and want to assemble the best team I could put together. So don't @ me haha, I've always wanted to put that and I don't even know what it means. I believe even I could win a few games with this team.

Offense
QB McNamee (Pikeville)
RB Dixon (Belfry), Raines (Pikeville), Bentley (Belfry), Anderson ( PC)
FB P. Hensley (Belfry), Collum (Pikeville)
C Slater (Pikeville)
G Wolford (Belfry), Roberts (PC)
T Blackburn ( SV), Compton ( Pikeville), M Sayers (Pikeville)
WR J. Hensley (Pikeville), Pugh (Pikeville), Tinsley (Pikeville), Lockhart
(Pikeville), Bentley (PC)
TE Cook (Belfry)
Athlete Meade (SV), Francis (Phelps), Hunt (PC)
K Hamilton (Pikeville)

Defense
DL Blackburn (SV), Compton (Pikeville), Baisden (Belfry), Hammock
(Pikeville), Taylor (Pikeville), P. Sayers (Pikeville), Stepp (Belfry)
LB Collum (Pikeville), Cook (Belfry), Mounts (Belfry), Caudill (Pikeville),
Birchfield (Pikeville), Roberts (PC), Ashurst (Belfry)
C Boyd-Blair (Pikeville), I. Birchfield (Belfry), Pugh (Pikeville), Bentley
(Belfry)
S Meade (SV), Coleman (Belfry), J. Hensley (Pikeville)
P Cook (Belfry)
Some of you Johnson co posters put together an All Jo Co team and lets debate who would win in an Epic Battle of the Mountains
If we are being brutally honest here.. with the exception of maybe 3-4 guys tops (Meade, Hunt, Blackburn and maybe Anderson)... It is basically the Belfry and Pikeville roster combined is all and it will usually be that way every year. LOL
I think Collins from Pikeville should be on there to. He was a part time starter for the Panthers and on any other roster would have been their main dude in the middle but the panthers had 4 four year starters at LB. A poor omission on my part.
Yeah I agree EKU, but I really wanted to look at it on paper and just imagine how dominant that team could be.
Wright ( Pikeville) at LB was on the list too I just missed when I was plugging them in from my notes. My bad.
Good creative thought Micro-Brew. Both Pikeville and Belfry had so many good playmakers last season, that it's hard not to list those that you did. Like you, I think it would be interesting to see Johnson Co. put together their team and watch them go at it on a natural field.
Good stuff M-B.
Micro-Brew Wrote:So after Eastern Ky dominated the state championships I got to thinking, those pansy teams down state better be glad we don't have schools in 5A too. I don't even consider 6A a class in Ky, Louisville can keep it. But anyway, I thought I wonder what if Pike Co had just one big school?? Here would be my all Pike co team. I put what I felt was the best kids on the team and I put them on both sides of the ball if I felt they deserved to be there. I'm not for just putting kids on there just so more kids can make it. I watch a lot of football in this county. I'm pretending I have a 36 man roster and want to assemble the best team I could put together. So don't @ me haha, I've always wanted to put that and I don't even know what it means. I believe even I could win a few games with this team.

Offense
QB McNamee (Pikeville)
RB Dixon (Belfry), Raines (Pikeville), Bentley (Belfry), Anderson ( PC)
FB P. Hensley (Belfry), Collum (Pikeville)
C Slater (Pikeville)
G Wolford (Belfry), Roberts (PC)
T Blackburn ( SV), Compton ( Pikeville), M Sayers (Pikeville)
WR J. Hensley (Pikeville), Pugh (Pikeville), Tinsley (Pikeville), Lockhart
(Pikeville), Bentley (PC)
TE Cook (Belfry)
Athlete Meade (SV), Francis (Phelps), Hunt (PC)
K Hamilton (Pikeville)

Defense
DL Blackburn (SV), Compton (Pikeville), Baisden (Belfry), Hammock
(Pikeville), Taylor (Pikeville), P. Sayers (Pikeville), Stepp (Belfry)
LB Collum (Pikeville), Cook (Belfry), Mounts (Belfry), Caudill (Pikeville),
Birchfield (Pikeville), Roberts (PC), Ashurst (Belfry)
C Boyd-Blair (Pikeville), I. Birchfield (Belfry), Pugh (Pikeville), Bentley
(Belfry)
S Meade (SV), Coleman (Belfry), J. Hensley (Pikeville)
P Cook (Belfry)

This team here is better than that garbage that the AP just released.

No players from the 1A State Champion Pikeville Panthers whatsoever? Only one player from the defending 4A State Champions Johnson Central? No Peyton Blackburn from SV? I'd be embarrassed to release something like that. But that's just me. Great job MB.
The AP poll didn’t even get the coaches right and in reality( even thou it would be hard to pick) it would be easier than picking the players.
Patriot1 Wrote:The AP poll didn’t even get the coaches right and in reality( even thou it would be hard to pick) it would be easier than picking the players.

No Jackson Hensley on their list tells me all I need to know about it.

And apparently, KPG and family, have blocked me from all their social media sites, Lol. All I said was the truth.

Listen, I'm very thankful and honored Ethan made 2nd team. And in all honesty that's where he probably belongs. My problem was we had 3 State Champions from Eastern Kentucky and only 4 players from those teams were selected, Pikeville had 0. It may just be me but something just isn't right there.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No Jackson Hensley on their list tells me all I need to know about it.

And apparently, KPG and family, have blocked me from all their social media sites, Lol. All I said was the truth.

Listen, I'm very thankful and honored Ethan made 2nd team. And in all honesty that's where he probably belongs. My problem was we had 3 State Champions from Eastern Kentucky and only 4 players from those teams were selected, Pikeville had 0. It may just be me but something just isn't right there.

I’d wear being blocked like a badge of honor by them. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:I’d wear being blocked like a badge of honor by them. Lol

You better believe it my friend! 😂

I must have said something that hit a nerve, or hit very close to home! Lol!
#55PirateFan Wrote:You better believe it my friend! 😂

I must have said something that hit a nerve, or hit very close to home! Lol!

You could say the sky isn’t Breathitt blue but rather money green, and you would get blocked. I need to see if I am after some of the stuff I said. Lol
Well I wasn’t blocked but maybe because i was never on their site in the first place and have no plans to be
That AP list was SORRY. Seeing 5 players from Williamsburg is all I needed to see. If roughly half your starters are are “All State” you wouldn’t have lost in the semis to a team that Pikeville put a running clock on in the championship. Many players were left off this list that should’ve been on there from East KY. IMO JC, Raceland, Paintsville, and Belfry all got snubbed a bit.
Yep. Nate Collins is gonna make some noise next year.
VoR_58 Wrote:Yep. Nate Collins is gonna make some noise next year.

Totally agree. This kid has steadily grown and matured in his play as the season progressed. He's got the frame and instincts to get the job done. Got to add J. Taylor as well. These two are going to make the defense fun to watch in the upcoming season. Jmo.
VoR_58 Wrote:Yep. Nate Collins is gonna make some noise next year.

Hearing he’s going to get a lot of snaps on offense running the ball. I feel like he’s going to fill that Jon Collum roll from this year. Bring your hard hat to the game and go to work. You need 3 yards from me on offense, give it to me, need a kick out block on a trap play, I’m your guy. Now saying that, those shoes are very big because in my opinion Jon was the most important player on that team last year. But Collins was all over the ball on defense and never really got a whole lot of acknowledgement.

Be interesting to watch his transformation from last year to this year for sure.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL