Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region District Tournaments
Things are starting to take shape everywhere, but the 52nd.

49th: Clay will be the one seed, North Laurel is the two, not sure how tie gets broken in the likely Jackson/OBI tie for third to avoid the play-in game, and Red Bird is fifth.
50th: Almost set. South Laurel vs. Whitley in the 1-4 game and Williamsburg vs. Corbin in the 2-3 game.
51st: Trending toward Knox Central-Pineville in the 1-4 and Barbourville-Lynn Camp in the 2-3.
52nd: Harlan County going to be the 1, other three spots up for grabs.

There's going to be some great district semifinals for the regional tournament spots. Both first round games in the 52nd could be incredible, Barbouville-Lynn Camp will be a dandy, and the first two Corbin-Williamsburg games this year were down to the wire. Not sure if the bottom three have enough to threaten Clay or NL in the 49th.
Why does Whitley continue to stick with the head guy?
concerned12 Wrote:Why does Whitley continue to stick with the head guy?

He must know something on those in charge because there is NO other reason for him not being let go as the Coach.
Need to clean house.
Most districts are gonna be really fun. Region is gonna be crazy. No easy games.
Honestly this is anyone’s game this year. You make it to region anything could happen.
Clay, South Laurel, N. Laurel above the rest in my opinion. Region should be fun to watch.
I would say Knox is close to that group of 3. Maybe better than North. But they don’t really play many teams in the region or haven’t yet. They have only played 5 games in region for some reason.
My opinion!!!! It’s south and clay. Then the rest. North has got worse all year, Harlan co could do well but don’t see them beating clay or south.
North has definitely got worse as the season has progressed. Of course when you play zone the whole first half against a team that lives and dies by the three and has zero inside game you’re probably going to lose! Did exact same thing against Clay and left them wide open in the corners all night. We usually wait till we’re down 20+ before decide the defense we’re in is not a very good idea
From looking at some upsets tonight looks like anybody can win.
I must say one thing if OBI keeps this up and gets all there players back! I feel sorry for the one that has to play them on a win or go home basis. 😬 I was told they was missing a starter that averages 12 a game so you add him and they very well might make it to region
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:My opinion!!!! It’s south and clay. Then the rest. North has got worse all year, Harlan co could do well but don’t see them beating clay or south.

I understand your thinking on North but I believe they will be in the thick of things come regional time. They have some talented players so I guess we will see. Clay and South will be in the hunt as well. It will be interesting and coaching will play an impact for sure.
I think teams 5 through about 12 can beat anyone, but can't see anyone outside of Clay, NL, SL, and KC winning three in a row at the region.
dodger Wrote:I think teams 5 through about 12 can beat anyone, but can't see anyone outside of Clay, NL, SL, and KC winning three in a row at the region.

Agreed 👍 jmo Clay or South is winning region. South's Cromer is beast and Clay's Curry & Robinson is hard up on which one is the best. Robinson has been the player last 2 yrs. But Curry has turned it up his senior year.