Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 AP All State Team?
Does anyone know why the AP hasn't released their 2019 All State Team or their 2019 AP Mr. Football yet? I mean we're now into February and still nothing. The Courier Journal released theirs back on December 19th, just a few days after the championship games were played. Is it normal that the AP's is this much later than the CJ's?

Maybe their not doing one this year and that's why nothing has been said. If they were going to release one you'd think it would have been released by now, right? I'm curious to see how much different the two, CJ and AP, will look again this year. I know last year there were some HUGE differences in the two and alot of people were unhappy with the AP's team.

Have any of you guys heard whether or not their doing one this year? If so, have you heard when will it be released?
It used to run during the state finals in November. It's very disappointing to see if it fall apart the way it has. I think it ran in February or March last year. The AP isn't what it once was when Ed Staats and Mike Embry ran the show.
HCS Wrote:It used to run during the state finals in November. It's very disappointing to see if it fall apart the way it has. I think it ran in February or March last year. The AP isn't what it once was when Ed Staats and Mike Embry ran the show.

Yeah, I agree man. Very disappointing that it's taking them this long. By the time they release their team, "football fever" has already passed and basketball is preparing for its post season run and alot of people could care less. Very few even post on the football forum's after the first of the year. I know the forums is not what its about but that's just an example.

But like I said, by the time they release it most people are in their basketball jerseys and could care less about football until the leaves change again. Very disappointing. The AP has defiantly lost alot of its support and prestige and things like this may be why. Can't understand what could possibly take them so long to release it. Most people already know by playoff time who 90% of the top football players are in Kentucky. You can't tell me it takes this long to figure out the other 10%.
This has been very frustrating to me as well. All polls can be political at times but historically the AP poll is usually slightly more accurate as news outlets tend to view players based on their accomplishments only. The coaches poll leans more on who the coaches have played against, their own teams, their friends teams, and KHSAA stats. Some of those teams allow parents to enter those stats. I have seen several falsified stats this season. Anyway, I always look forward to viewing the AP poll the most and I am very disappointed to see it is taking so long. They voted back in December.
It is sad. It's an injustice to the kids. Whoever is in charge of this should be stripped of their duties, and it should be given to someone who would take a little pride in their work. Maybe they are afraid some of these kids could add "all state" to their resume and maybe bolster their resume before the second national signing day. It's sad.
Westside Wrote:It is sad. It's an injustice to the kids. Whoever is in charge of this should be stripped of their duties, and it should be given to someone who would take a little pride in their work. Maybe they are afraid some of these kids could add "all state" to their resume and maybe bolster their resume before the second national signing day. It's sad.

That's the reason I'm aggravated about it. What if a senior that has never made an All State was on this one. He could add that to his profile on social media and it just might draw him some attention. And the 2nd National Signing Day is day after tomorrow so its not going to help anyone as far as that goes now. It's a damn shame is what it is.
At the very least the AP should copy and paste one of the 20 other All-State teams from various publications lol.
No one takes the AP All State team serious anymore. Most of the time it’s only good for people who like to chest thump on here or other social media platforms. It’s just another platform like David and Darrell and Kentucky Prep Gridrion and shouldn’t be taken seriously.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:No one takes the AP All State team serious anymore. Most of the time it’s only good for people who like to chest thump on here or other social media platforms. It’s just another platform like David and Darrell and Kentucky Prep Gridrion and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Wow, I would love to know what media outlet or poll you consider worthy.
BoyleCo Wrote:Wow, I would love to know what media outlet or poll you consider worthy.

Pretty much anything other than the AP and your preseason rankings.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Pretty much anything other than the AP and your preseason rankings.

Lol, awesome. I’m glad you enjoy my preseason rankings. I would love to see yours. As part of putting together my preseason rankings I talk with a lot of coaches throughout the state. Over the years I hear how the coaches poll get assembled. I have been privileged to know how the AP gets voted on also. I am aware there are at rare times an occasion where an AP voter has a son playing. I assume that’s why you don’t like that poll since that has happened last year and probably this year. However that is much more rare than having coaches kids or relatives on the coaches poll. For the most part the AP is very reliable and unbiased. I have no sons or grandsons that play football. My preseason polls are as unbiased as they come. I always enjoy the parent who is a critic of everything their sons aren’t ranked on. Believe me I get lots of that. I would love to have you give me insight on your opinions about my polls. You seem to be against anything that is trying to bring recognition to Kentucky players that don’t have the platforms available to them that are prevalent in other states. I know the platforms you are dismissing all have their faults, including my rankings, however each has done a good job of giving recognition to players that might not get it otherwise. I love outlets like KY Prep Gridiron and Big Things KY that recognize great players that may not get it from Rivals or 247. Why would you be against that? I coached linemen at the high school leveled and played line in college. These young men are extremely under hyped. I try to give them the recognition they deserve. I wish there was more outlets out there doing the same. To see someone with such disdain for the people working to recognize the great young men in KY is shocking. I’m sorry your son isn’t getting recognized how you want. Tell me who he is and I would love to evaluate him if he is a lineman. Of course I do not rank a single player. Those rankings are from coaches, college scouts, and trainers. The AP poll is from reporters. Good luck on your trashing of people trying to help kids goals in 2020.
Well guys AP poll is out now so what do you think about it?
Wellllllll what they put out is garbage. Not one single Pikeville player mentioned. ?????
I really like this poll. I like the Coaches poll too. I disagree with some of the line picks but overall both polls are solid. I don’t see any garbage.
Can’t find it can someone post a link
Patriot1 Wrote:Well guys AP poll is out now so what do you think about it?

I just saw it and I stand by my previous post on the matter. It’s rigged and it’s so obvious that’s it’s pathetic. No John Stone or Blake Hester from Ashland? No Jackson Hensley from Pikeville? Ashland and Pikeville didn’t even have an honorable mention. Johnson Central with only one representative and I’ve never heard of him. Let’s break it down a little further.
Class 1A title game: Paintsville and Pikeville with zero names in the list
Class 2A title game: Somerset had 4 and Mayfield has 6 which doesn’t pass the smell test.
Class 3A title game: Bell County 0 and Belfry with 3.
Class 4A title game: Boyle 3 and Johnson Central 1
Class 5A title game: Covington Catholic with 3 and Douglass with 4
Class 6A title game: Male 4 and Trinity with 3

If any of you think that propaganda sites like David and Darrell and Kentucky Gridiron Prep doesn’t influence the voting look no further than the kid that made both first team at OL and HM at DL. His dad runs one of the above mentioned sites.

There are kids that have signed to play Division 1 football or has D1 offers that didn’t make this team. How can that be? For the record I have no child or grandchild that’s been left off of this team. I’m just adamant to the fact that All State teams should be earned not just given out to the good ole boy network. Could this be considered fake news on the state level by the AP voters?
BoyleCo Wrote:I really like this poll. I like the Coaches poll too. I disagree with some of the line picks but overall both polls are solid. I don’t see any garbage.

I’m sure you do. Haven’t you contributed to some of the Kentucky Gridiron Prep writings?
If so, you’re part of the propaganda.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I just saw it and I stand by my previous post on the matter. It’s rigged and it’s so obvious that’s it’s pathetic. No John Stone or Blake Hester from Ashland? No Jackson Hensley from Pikeville? Ashland and Pikeville didn’t even have an honorable mention. Johnson Central with only one representative and I’ve never heard of him. Let’s break it down a little further.
Class 2A title game: Somerset had 4 and Mayfield has 6 which doesn’t pass the smell test.

If any of you think that propaganda sites like David and Darrell and Kentucky Gridiron Prep doesn’t influence the voting look no further than the kid that made both first team at OL and HM at DL. His dad runs one of the above mentioned sites.

There are kids that have signed to play Division 1 football or has D1 offers that didn’t make this team. How can that be? For the record I have no child or grandchild that’s been left off of this team. I’m just adamant to the fact that All State teams should be earned not just given out to the good ole boy network. Could this be considered fake news on the state level by the AP voters?

I never agree with anything you have to say. But I agree with you 100% here. What happened with some of the selections that were made on this team was so political and down right obvious that favoritism was shown that it's embarrassing! And your spot on about players like Stone, Hester, and Hensley not even being mentioned. It's laughable what the AP has turned in to in the past 2-3 years. The three you mentioned should have been no worse than 2nd teamers IMO.
BoyleCo Wrote:I really like this poll. I like the Coaches poll too. I disagree with some of the line picks but overall both polls are solid. I don’t see any garbage.

I mean, how? Sure, some of the names are well deserving, but a lot of the best players in the state weren’t even mentioned. Wayyyy better players than some that were mentioned.
VoR_58 Wrote:I mean, how? Sure, some of the names are well deserving, but a lot of the best players in the state weren’t even mentioned. Wayyyy better players than some that were mentioned.

Agree. They mentioned SOME of the best players in the state on this team. But they also had a couple that were so far off that they couldn't make a good argument for why they chose them if they tried. I mean there's one or two that is just unexplainable.
Who votes on this? Newspapers, right?

Then you aren’t objective. Or you don’t understand how much Williamsburg (for example) is a paper doll that inflates stats and definitely didn’t deserve 5 HM players to zero for Pikeville, zero for Paintsville, and one for Johnson Central (whom I believe Boyle County is intimately familiar with). Lol
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If it’s so solid why would you disagree with any of it. Polls are polls and congratulations to all the young men that made this poll.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I just saw it and I stand by my previous post on the matter. It’s rigged and it’s so obvious that’s it’s pathetic. No John Stone or Blake Hester from Ashland? No Jackson Hensley from Pikeville? Ashland and Pikeville didn’t even have an honorable mention. Johnson Central with only one representative and I’ve never heard of him. Let’s break it down a little further.

Tomcat Pride and I say this with a heavy heart but for once you made some sense to me. Saying that it’s just a poll and really I haven’t agreed with any of them completely some are better than others but never get my bowels in a up roar over some poll. Winning state championship games what these kids will remember or just playing the game of football with the guys they will be friends with for life which is the true meaning of the game of football.
Because the D1 players are not that good
Option A:
94 tackles, 20 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FR, 1 INT

Option B:
143 tackles, 14 TFL, 1 FR, 2 FF

Option A is 1st team.. option B isn’t HM.

AP is a joke.
Breathitt and Williamsburg had the second most players out of any team on the state on it... that’s insanity
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Breathitt and Williamsburg had the second most players out of any team on the state on it... that’s insanity

Not insanity. By golly, they ran through everyone like a dose of salts....

Lol. I mean no ill will to anyone that made it. But if anyone has any pretense of objectivity, they will have to admit this is the most homer poll in the history of AP polls. And that’s saying a lot.