Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving BluegrassRivals
I agree 64
Would love to have a state college forum like NAIA schools, KWC, Morehead, Murray etc that focus on in state only colleges. It would be a good way to keep up with former players, and also keep up with recruiting updates.
BGR is the best site ever and the mods do a really good job on here keeping order. It’s the first site I go to every morning.
foozeball80 Wrote:Would love to have a state college forum like NAIA schools, KWC, Morehead, Murray etc that focus on in state only colleges. It would be a good way to keep up with former players, and also keep up with recruiting updates.

Couldn’t you just do that in the regular college sports forum?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
pjdoug Wrote:Your mother and my mother are mothers

Confusednicker:
I’ve been a reader for quite some time now and you guys do an excellent job moderating this website. You’re not too nazi about it but will step in when stuff starts to really get out of hand.
For what it's worth, I was a long time member of a rival site from its beginning and I am also a long time member here but until recent years I rarely posted here because this site had little on WKY. Years ago I tried posting more WKY stuff but never got much traction because of a lack of WKY fans at the time. Believe it or not its better today, there are a lot more members from across the state but I wish there were a lot more. I and most of the other Mayfield members on the other site left after a couple of the Mayfield members were suspended for what we did not believe to be fair treatment. Most of us know each other in person and we talked about it and slowly we all started leaving that site and joined this site where we now have enough numbers to have threads that are usually pretty good. I did not like how strict the other site was/is on rules but worse than that was how the rules were not always enforced equally for everyone. Some can get away with a lot more than others. I do wish that this site would be a little more strict but nothing like what it is over there. I have had several occasions where I was told by fans I was trying to get to join that they would not join because of all the negative trolling. I wish we had it more in the middle. I like good arguments but want mods to act faster than we do now. Anyway just my 2 cents worth
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:For what it's worth, I was a long time member of a rival site from its beginning and I am also a long time member here but until recent years I rarely posted here because this site had little on WKY. Years ago I tried posting more WKY stuff but never got much traction because of a lack of WKY fans at the time. Believe it or not its better today, there are a lot more members from across the state but I wish there were a lot more. I and most of the other Mayfield members on the other site left after a couple of the Mayfield members were suspended for what we did not believe to be fair treatment. Most of us know each other in person and we talked about it and slowly we all started leaving that site and joined this site where we now have enough numbers to have threads that are usually pretty good. I did not like how strict the other site was/is on rules but worse than that was how the rules were not always enforced equally for everyone. Some can get away with a lot more than others. I do wish that this site would be a little more strict but nothing like what it is over there. I have had several occasions where I was told by fans I was trying to get to join that they would not join because of all the negative trolling. I wish we had it more in the middle. I like good arguments but want mods to act faster than we do now. Anyway just my 2 cents worth

I appreciate your input! BGR was definitely meant to be the more laidback very of the rival site and sometimes that gets a little too laidback, I totally agree with that. Some folks are very good at trolling to a point where it’s definitely running a fine edge of being delete worthy but they stick right there to were you can’t delete it. And we’ve talked about cleaning that up for sure moving forward and would ask if anyone sees anything they see that is borderline to please PM some of the mods or whoever to let them know to take a look at it. Because I’m on here quit a bit but during the day is busy for me with work so I can’t stay in every thread and read every post like most can’t so any insight from you all would be much appreciated. And whoever it is that you email about a situation it will always be kept confidential and no one will have to know who it was.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I REALLY appreciate all the input we're getting! Thank you guys very much.

I was thinking about the reliability issue. There used to be a "reputation meter" that was similar. The meter is located in the upper right hand corner of every post. They are demonstrated is tiny green dots, and the more you have, the better your reputation is. That idea was canned some years ago, but perhaps we could revive it for credibility issues. Just a thought.....

Also, the trolls always pop up. I'm not sure how to better handle this. There are so many jokers around and once they get under your skin, then it goes wild. I try so hard to keep my personal feelings out of it when it comes to banning people. You guys may not believe it, but I really hate to do that. And I ALWAYS have the backing of a couple other mods before I do it. I'm sensitive to bullying people and get really pissed at some of the posters who do that. So I don't want to fly off the handle and do something that's unfair.

Some time ago, the administrators of this site made it possible to filter what you read. So if somebody was offended by my saying "pissed off", they wouldn't see it. You can make that adjustment in your Profile page. You can also block ANY other poster so you will never see anything that they post. Those adjustments were put into place so that we could ease up on punishments for someone who uses marginal language. (like me)

Along with trolls, we have some extremely thinned skinned people here. These folks are also very unobjective and feel like their opinion is fact; even when it isn't.

MayfieldCardinal, and any other poster, you can always PM me about an issue or questions about the fairness of others being banned. Many many times there are issues that are unknown to the general poster, but lends itself to the suspensions or bans that we issue.

We may not get everything just right, but this site has a base group of moderators who put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making it work. And believe me, ANY suggestions or observations from the users is most appreciated.