Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving BluegrassRivals
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm not trying to make BGR to look like another site or anything but those other sites will shut down a mispelled or incorrect thread title in a heart beat and that's what I think needs to happen. Again not trying to make BGR into another site or like another site just brainstorming. It takes a lot of time to go and edit every single incorrect thread title. Ive been there and done it.

I like thread titles that are correct with punctuation and spelled right. I'm no English teacher by any means.
What about closing update threads when games are over, so then you comment in the final score thread?
Snakesnot Wrote:What about closing update threads when games are over, so then you comment in the final score thread?

We try to do that.
Find out what happened to RunItUpTheGut or I'm walking.
What if a Mod is one of the trolls?
RoShamBo Wrote:Find out what happened to RunItUpTheGut or I'm walking.

RunItUpTheGut was taking some time away from the site for personal reasons. I'm not sure if or when he will return. I would love to see him come back. He did a lot of work for the site and was always entertaining. I would love to see his return. I guess we will have to wait and see.
I'd like to see the entire state involved. I'm all for EKY teams and news (especially football), but aside from a few Mayfield faithful, maybe some Bowling Green people, it's gone primarily to eastern/southeastern KY posters. There's a lot of schools in between. Louisville and NKY traffic has slowed down also, and Lexington really hasn't taken off on the site.

But, keep up the good work. It's easy for us to have ideas, but not always easy to have the solutions.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:I'd like to see the entire state involved. I'm all for EKY teams and news (especially football), but aside from a few Mayfield faithful, maybe some Bowling Green people, it's gone primarily to eastern/southeastern KY posters. There's a lot of schools in between. Louisville and NKY traffic has slowed down also, and Lexington really hasn't taken off on the site.

But, keep up the good work. It's easy for us to have ideas, but not always easy to have the solutions.

This is what I wanted to get in the discussion of. How do we attract those folks in your opinion? There’s no question the site is predominately mountain teams supporters. I’d love to have the whole state involved on here as well as folks using the college sports and professional sports forums cause I know folks on here care about those as well.

So give some suggestions about things you think we could do to get attraction from those folks away from the mountains.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
64black&gold Wrote:What if a Mod is one of the trolls?

Oh this is verrrry interesting!!
64black&gold Wrote:What if a Mod is one of the trolls?

Who might that moderator be?
It’s not happening but RIP vBookie
jetpilot Wrote:Something just popped into my head for some reason. Banning whiners would be cool.:biggrin:
you're my cousin Confusednicker:
Panther Thunder Wrote:It’s not happening but RIP vBookie

What is that?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Need to do more with the other media platforms (facebook, twitter and such).

That way current users can share/retweet something from BGR, and then non members see it and come lurking.
Spud6 Wrote:What is that?

You used to be able to bet virtual points on games and use the points for account personalization/upgrades. However, they decided that it was not a good idea to even wager fake money on kids, which is probably a good call lol. Was still fun nonetheless.
plantmanky Wrote:Need to do more with the other media platforms (facebook, twitter and such).

That way current users can share/retweet something from BGR, and then non members see it and come lurking.

We have a Twitter page. Don’t update it as often as we should but we have one

@BGRivals
#BBFL
Panther Thunder Wrote:You used to be able to bet virtual points on games and use the points for account personalization/upgrades. However, they decided that it was not a good idea to even wager fake money on kids, which is probably a good call lol. Was still fun nonetheless.

Yeah definitely a grey area there. I don’t remember that though.
#BBFL
Maybe add some sort of credibility meter. I know that takes away some of the fun but it would also be nice to know when some members report some news, that it's pretty reliable. Almost like the verified check on Twitter.
BandWagon Wrote:Maybe add some sort of credibility meter. I know that takes away some of the fun but it would also be nice to know when some members report some news, that it's pretty reliable. Almost like the verified check on Twitter.

Now that’s an interesting thought. Could be cool but how do we get to decide who’s credible or not? Be cool to designate a person for news in that particular school but we don’t have incentives as far as money goes to keep people interested in doing a “job” for BGR like following those schools so closely to were it seems like that’s all they are doing.
#BBFL
I love this site!

I agreed with some others. Getting rid of the trolls on here would be nice.
pjdoug Wrote:you're my cousin Confusednicker:

Hehe either we are cousins or brothers from another motherConfusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Hehe either we are cousins or brothers from another motherConfusednicker:

Your mother and my mother are mothers
Spud6 Wrote:Now that’s an interesting thought. Could be cool but how do we get to decide who’s credible or not? Be cool to designate a person for news in that particular school but we don’t have incentives as far as money goes to keep people interested in doing a “job” for BGR like following those schools so closely to were it seems like that’s all they are doing.

Would probably have to go on past history. Like if someone was posting rumors that turned out to be true, they would earn more credibility. Could also fast track some members like area reporters. I think many regular members would do this for free as we come to this site because we enjoy talking local sports. Could eventually create the "Woj Bomb" effect ESPN has.
BandWagon Wrote:Would probably have to go on past history. Like if someone was posting rumors that turned out to be true, they would earn more credibility. Could also fast track some members like area reporters. I think many regular members would do this for free as we come to this site because we enjoy talking local sports. Could eventually create the "Woj Bomb" effect ESPN has.

That’s a very good thought. Have to look into reaching out and figure out what members would be interesting in posting news or whatever about a particular area or sport.

Good idea!
#BBFL
Too many posters on here spreading "merit less rumors". If it's legit, then so be it, but there is too much misinformation from people who aren't in the know. I don't know how you stop it, but that's just my two cents. Also, you guys do a great job and this site is no doubt, the best around. I appreciate everything you all do.
Not the place for my comment.
Spud6 Wrote:We have a Twitter page. Don’t update it as often as we should but we have one

@BGRivals

Thanks. Good to know.
We HAVE to ban FatPat!!

Just Kidding! He is one of those guys who gets taken out of context and SOME people do not understand his humor. I personally LOVE IT! lol
^So do I!!!
New Boyle County fan on BGR get ready :Cheerlead Hey mysonis55 lets make this new rival happen Boyle County vs Mayfield........I need some wins Confusednicker: