Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riverside Christian 69 Breathitt County 66
Never thought I’d live to see the day!!
Looks like might of been good game they play again before districts if Riverside wins that one they would be #2 seed like to see them go to region build their confidence up who knows stranger things have happened
Is this the first time Riverside Christian has ever defeated Breathitt County?
Nice win !!!!!
Yes. In over 100 years of existence in any sport girls or boys. Probably first time of playing within 50 points of them
How has Breathitt fallen that far?
To be blunt politics, cronyism, and nepotism. It started with the hire of Jackson City’s coach a few years ago. After he left, the hiring of the chairman of the board of education’s first cousin, whom had never coached or played period, didn’t help. After he won 3 games they hired Perry assistant whom did an admirable job thanks to a transfer of one of the regions best players. Although, she had an approved record from the previous year, she actually set the program back in her own right by turning the middle school program over to another guy with no playing or coaching experience because her daughter played softball for his travel team. This guy thought it be fun to coach his daughter in basketball, even though she hadn’t played basketball since early elementary. Of course she started, along with others from the softball team. This caused several actual basketball players to quit the team. This guy also coaches the middle school softball, which of course he never played or know any thing about. This has caused several very good softball players to transfer to Jackson city.

So when the perry assistant left they handed the reigns over to another Jackson City elementary coach.

The current hiring authorities have a fascination with Jackson city. The last several teachers hired at bhs are JCS alum. Even with well qualified Bhs alum applied.

The new softball coach is a former JHS coach whom they got rid of. He does jog with the Breathitt superintendent though and has hired the above mentioned travel/middle school coach as his assistant. This has already caused several players to not come out for the team.

The new baseball coach is the chairman of the boards’s son.
I think Wannacat should be hired as the new head coach in softball and basketball. He has an answer for everything. Are there people in line in Jackson wanting to coach? Actual people that have played high school sports?
They got someone with baseball knowledge and thats actually played big time baseball. I don't care who he is related to. He was a heck of a player.
I think the biggest problem with Breathitt basketball in my honest opinion is the 10 game schedule the Elementary schools are limited to play. 10 games is a preseason schedule for neighboring counties. You have to play to get better. I don't think theres people with real experience willing to coach either. People are not willing to put the time in any more that it takes to be good.
Not me. Too old and too slow. Just hate to see what’s going on. Might sound bad to say on my part but it’s hard to see a program go from four straight region titles to loosing at home to Riverside.
Agree on the coaching experience. Seems like it’s always someone’s dad on the team coaching, especially in elementary. When this happens on the middle school level, it’s a recipe for disaster. This happened here. Happened in softball and basketball. Lots of talent, especially in softball left for the city school.
Breathitt has done damage that will take several years to recover from. Right now they have a better team in the hallways than on the floor. The coach they have right now is in way over his head. I think they’ve had more players quit this season than are on the team. I don’t know if they will have any hope of getting another quality coach to take the program back over if they decide to make a change. Coaches like to have something to work with when they take a job.
The_Rock Wrote:I think Wannacat should be hired as the new head coach in softball and basketball. He has an answer for everything. Are there people in line in Jackson wanting to coach? Actual people that have played high school sports?

Amen on hiring Wannacat when you fall so far sometimes a fresh perspective is what u need. Congrats Rams If not Wannacat maybe Riverside’s coach seems like they are over performing.
SmileyTown Wrote:Amen on hiring Wannacat when you fall so far sometimes a fresh perspective is what u need. Congrats Rams If not Wannacat maybe Riverside’s coach seems like they are over performing.

I have to agree don’t know the situation there but seems Wannacat is knowledgeable and cares about the program. Peace be among us brothers. Brother Cecil.
Congrats to Riverside. How many players have left the Lady Bobcats?
I’d say 5-10 from the start of the year.
Who ever gets Shultz next season will be getting an instant game changer. Heard her brother would be the new Perry Quarterback next season. Will she go with her big bubby?
DukeBoy Wrote:Who ever gets Shultz next season will be getting an instant game changer. Heard her brother would be the new Perry Quarterback next season. Will she go with her big bubby?

I know this was a rumor last year, but nothing would surprise me. Braxton is a very good athlete, but I think Turner will be the primary QB next year. O'hara could play tight end or LB at the next level, but it all depends on, if he wants to play QB at Perry Central, or compete for a state title at Breathitt. I guess only time will tell.
wannacat Wrote:Yes. In over 100 years of existence in any sport girls or boys. Probably first time of playing within 50 points of them

Riverside beat Brethitt in boys soccer a couple seasons ago.
Although Id like to see Breathitt win a state title, it aint happening without Collins and Slaughter. Its Somersets to lose. I don't think Breathitt will beat Walton Verona next season.
What are riversides chances of making it to the regional tourney?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Breathitt has done damage that will take several years to recover from. Right now they have a better team in the hallways than on the floor. The coach they have right now is in way over his head. I think they’ve had more players quit this season than are on the team. I don’t know if they will have any hope of getting another quality coach to take the program back over if they decide to make a change. Coaches like to have something to work with when they take a job.

I would think there are some quality coaches out there who are not too happy in their current situation and would take over if the conditions are favorable.
justthefacts Wrote:I would think there are some quality coaches out there who are not too happy in their current situation and would take over if the conditions are favorable.

Maybe. Someone that’s wanting to coach may have a good football player wanting to transfer in. Usually how it goes. There probably running out of teacher positions to give to football player parents.
justthefacts Wrote:I would think there are some quality coaches out there who are not too happy in their current situation and would take over if the conditions are favorable.

Maybe. Someone that’s wanting to coach may have a good football player wanting to transfer in. Usually how it goes. There probably running out of teacher positions to give to football player parents. By the way, Riverside beat them again tonight 68-67.
All they have to do is beat Jackson City