Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 56 Shelby Valley 46
Great road win by the Panthers with near perfect free throw shooting in the 4th quarter. Tough defense forced some contested Valley shots and prevented points off Panthers turnovers.

Securing the district overall #1 seed supports why the rankings had them ahead of Valley despite some Facebook suggestions from Valley they weren’t getting any respect. Pikeville with the bounce back win from the All A loss.

Game 4 in the playoff should be a good one to watch!
Poor shooting doomed SV in this one. Credit to Pikeville's defense for holding Valley to 36% from the field (and only 2 of 11 from 3).

Not surprised by this result. I said on here a couple weeks ago that SV's win at the All-A was an upset, and some folks on BGR (including one Pikeville poster) said I was wrong. Now that Pikeville owns 2 wins to Valley's one, it should be clear to everyone who the favorite to win region is.

Nothing has changed since the beginning of the year. Pikeville is 17-4 and has only lost once in-region all year, that being the loss to SV at the Expo. Until Rowe is 100% healthy (which unfortunately will not be the case until next year), Pikeville is just the better team. Not saying Valley can't win, because they can and already have once. But they are not the favorite.

Hopefully SV gets another crack at them in the district tournament.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Poor shooting doomed SV in this one. Credit to Pikeville's defense for holding Valley to 36% from the field (and only 2 of 11 from 3).

Not surprised by this result. I said on here a couple weeks ago that SV's win at the All-A was an upset, and some folks on BGR (including one Pikeville poster) said I was wrong. Now that Pikeville owns 2 wins to Valley's one, it should be clear to everyone who the favorite to win region is.

Nothing has changed since the beginning of the year. Pikeville is 17-4 and has only lost once in-region all year, that being the loss to SV at the Expo. Until Rowe is 100% healthy (which unfortunately will not be the case until next year), Pikeville is just the better team. Not saying Valley can't win, because they can and already have once. But they are not the favorite.

Hopefully SV gets another crack at them in the district tournament.

What’s percent is she saying she’s at right now? Gutsy human to be playing on that type of injury without it being 100%. Much respect to her
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I may have misspoke. I don't want to imply that Coach Rowe is putting her on the court when she isn't supposed to be. I assume that if she's playing, then her doctor must have cleared her and that she won't make it worse by playing. So in that respect, she I guess she is 100% healthy.

What I meant is that she is not 100% back to the player she was (and hopefully will be again). I think I read somewhere that Doe Doe mentioned she is at 50-75%, but that she loves to play and wanted to be out there even if she's not able to contribute as much as she would like. So as long as she isn't putting herself at risk, he decided to let her play.

But it's plain to see that she is not playing up to her full capabilities. I expect we won't see that Cassidy Rowe, the one who convinced Matthew Mitchell to offer her a scholly as a freshman, until next year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I may have misspoke. I don't want to imply that Coach Rowe is putting her on the court when she isn't supposed to be. I assume that if she's playing, then her doctor must have cleared her and that she won't make it worse by playing. So in that respect, she I guess she is 100% healthy.

What I meant is that she is not 100% back to the player she was (and hopefully will be again). I think I read somewhere that Doe Doe mentioned she is at 50-75%, but that she loves to play and wanted to be out there even if she's not able to contribute as much as she would like. So as long as she isn't putting herself at risk, he decided to let her play.

But it's plain to see that she is not playing up to her full capabilities. I expect we won't see that Cassidy Rowe, the one who convinced Matthew Mitchell to offer her a scholly as a freshman, until next year.

Received this tweet from Coach Rowes twitter that someone sent me. He pretty much clears up the reason for allowing his daughter to play and why she wants to play. Pretty cool post!

https://twitter.com/coachrowe20/status/1...72896?s=21
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL