Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Hensley Decommits From Harvard
Pikeville's Jackson Hensley decommits from Harvard and is choosing to pursuing his education closer to home.
Congrats to him wherever he choices to go. You don't have to go to Harvard to be successful in life. I wish him success and happiness wherever he lands.
Heard around the grape vine that Wake Forrest may be his new destination.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The closest thing to an Ivy League school in these parts is Centre, and word has it they just got themselves a commitment from one heckuva quarterback. Just sayin'.
I know he likes the coaches and school at Louisville
UK missed out on a really good in state football player!
He’ll be at Pikeville College, which there is nothing wrong with that but is why these big schools do not recruit mountain kids. They will not stay and they get homesick. I seen the Allen kid that went to West Virginia is now at Pikeville.
VoR_58 Wrote:UK missed out on a really good in state football player!

Totally agree. Jackson Hensley is going to be a stud player wherever he enrolls at. Imo, UK missed an opportunity.
The young man has so much talent, grades, and all it takes to be successful at the next level. Wish him the best of success wherever he chooses. He will surely be missed at Pikeville High School, for sure.
Something is just not right when you misspell Harvard {Havard} in your thread title.
Snakesnot Wrote:Something is just not right when you misspell Harvard {Havard} in your thread title.

Well give me credit. I got it right in the post. That's 50% correct. If this was baseball I would be batting .500, and that would get me into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
Snakesnot Wrote:Something is just not right when you misspell Harvard {Havard} in your thread title.

Thanks for the heads up btw.
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:He’ll be at Pikeville College, which there is nothing wrong with that but is why these big schools do not recruit mountain kids. They will not stay and they get homesick. I seen the Allen kid that went to West Virginia is now at Pikeville.
99% sure he will not end up at UPike...
Westside Wrote:Well give me credit. I got it right in the post. That's 50% correct. If this was baseball I would be batting .500, and that would get me into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

If it was a grade at Harvard, 50% would be a fail.

Just kidding but it was funny to misspell Harvard. They and Oxford are probably known as the elite institutions of education.

Luke Guhy from Mayfield, a few years ago had an offer to attend Harvard but didn't pursue it, Harvard doesn't give athletic Scholarships but will give some financial aid but I was told it still was going to cost his family $13,000 a year to attend.
Snakesnot Wrote:If it was a grade at Harvard, 50% would be a fail.

Just kidding but it was funny to misspell Harvard. They and Oxford are probably known as the elite institutions of education.

Luke Guhy from Mayfield, a few years ago had an offer to attend Harvard but didn't pursue it, Harvard doesn't give athletic Scholarships but will give some financial aid but I was told it still was going to cost his family $13,000 a year to attend.

I’m guessing it was the same kind of situation for Hensley. Probably chose a full ride somewhere instead. Which I am hearing is Wake Forest as someone has already stated.
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:He’ll be at Pikeville College, which there is nothing wrong with that but is why these big schools do not recruit mountain kids. They will not stay and they get homesick. I seen the Allen kid that went to West Virginia is now at Pikeville.

Tyrese started at Murray State this past season. If he’s at UPike now, that’s the first I’ve heard about it.

As for Hensley, you do you young man. Whatever is best for you. Good Luck to you.

What a joke.

Jackson is not only one helluva football player, but a fantastic student from an incredible family.

He will end up at a rising ACC school and I predict a bright future for this young man there.

FWIW, kid from Somerset kid had one heck of a career at Vandy, Kash at UK, David Jones, Couch, Jeremy Caudill, kid from Belfry at Louisville and the list goes on of mountain kids who’ve found success at D1 programs.

IMHO the mountains are producing the best talent we’ve seen for 2 or 3 decades. Football is becoming the new basketball here.
A-Block Wrote:What a joke.

Jackson is not only one helluva football player, but a fantastic student from an incredible family.

He will end up at a rising ACC school and I predict a bright future for this young man there.

FWIW, kid from Somerset kid had one heck of a career at Vandy, Kash at UK, David Jones, Couch, Jeremy Caudill, kid from Belfry at Louisville and the list goes on of mountain kids who’ve found success at D1 programs.

IMHO the mountains are producing the best talent we’ve seen for 2 or 3 decades. Football is becoming the new basketball here.

Agree with everything you said here. As for Jackson, do what is best for you and your family young man. Wouldn't know his parents if I seen them. But I do know how grandfather and they dont come any better. And I'd bet money the rest of the family is just like that.

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter what school you go to, what level you play at, and it definitely doesnt matter what other people think about your decision. All that matters is you do what's best for you. You do that and I promise, you can't go wrong. Good luck and God Bless in whatever you decide to do.
Redneck Wrote:Tyrese started at Murray State this past season. If he’s at UPike now, that’s the first I’ve heard about it.

As for Hensley, you do you young man. Whatever is best for you. Good Luck to you.

Allen is back at UPIKE. I saw it on a social media release by the football program there.
It’s EXTREMELY difficult to put in the hours of hard work in college and never see the field. These guys moving around aren’t a “problem” they are just finding a place that will get them on the field. I’m most cases you get our recruited at your position and your options are sit the bench or transfer. College football is not for the faint of heart. I’m glad Jackson has a lot of support around him and I’m glad to see him playing at the next level.
To forgo a Harvard education and all the future doors it would open is puzzling to me.
ironhorse Wrote:To forgo a Harvard education and all the future doors it would open is puzzling to me.
Harvard isn’t for everyone, obviously. I respect his choice to stay home plus Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarship
ironhorse Wrote:To forgo a Harvard education and all the future doors it would open is puzzling to me.

Did you go to Harvard?
We went to Harvard on a recruiting visit in 2011. They (Harvard) were very interested in my son and were sending him hand written recruiting letters weekly and were glad to see him visiting. He just didn't like the place and didn't like Boston so he didn't show them any interest back. We went to MIT as well while we were there and he was told to get his 33 ACT score up a bit because it needed to be higher. Boston and the area just didn't set well with him or us as parents. I can't blame the kid if he decided not to pursue that educational path. Just because it's Harvard doesn't mean it's the best place to attend for a kid. Centre College(45 minutes from home) also pursued him and we liked the coaches and the school, but, it would have meant going to school for five and half years for an engineering degree. 3 and half years at Centre if you want to play your senior year at Centre and 2 more at a technical college for engineering. They try to sell the "liberal arts" side of college claiming it's a well rounded education. Good luck to the kid and I'm glad that he made the adult decision to stay closer to home rather than attending a school that he likely wouldn't be happy at and then coming home after a year or so to find a place that suited him. My two boys went to St. Louis to college and both stayed the course there while playing football and got their engineering degrees in four years. That education and getting a degree in something that a person can make a living in is what counts. Not the amount of time playing football on the field. One of my boys started three years and the other all four by the way and they played for a guy and a school that they liked and both now have good jobs. That's what counts. Good luck again to the kid in what school he chooses and hopefully he will look at all angles with his folks.
Westside Wrote:Allen is back at UPIKE. I saw it on a social media release by the football program there.

Wow...Like I said, that’s the first I heard of it. No idea what the circumstances are/were for him to leave Murray State, but good luck. Pikeville should have the best Dline in the MSC. Best part about that is it’s mostly EKY boys.
Redneck Wrote:Wow...Like I said, that’s the first I heard of it. No idea what the circumstances are/were for him to leave Murray State, but good luck. Pikeville should have the best Dline in the MSC. Best part about that is it’s mostly EKY boys.

Saw it in the Pikeville paper today. Got B. Hunter former Panther as well. Good gets for UPike.
jetpilot Wrote:Saw it in the Pikeville paper today. Got B. Hunter former Panther as well. Good gets for UPike.

I had seen the article about Bull Hunter. That Dline is gonna be #SAVAGE
People also need to consider. IF Wake Forest is the school he decides to attend. Their academics isn’t anything to turn your nose up about. Last year several publications had them ranking as one of the top 30 universities in the country. Maybe it isn’t Ivy League but it is Power 5, possibly a full ride opposed to paying. Annnnnnd he probably sees the field in the ACC playing slot. I’d say that is a win win for young Hensley.

You do you young man. Rooting for you.
Here what we all need to remember, he is a child. And with children their thoughts and ideas of what they want change.

However, I know where ever he goes not only is it going to be a great decision for him and his family he’ll represent the 606 extremely well. Hopefully allowing more looks at other players in the mountain area.
He’ll be at Wake Forest and it’s a much better fit than Harvard. Best of luck Jackson, my family and I are behind you 100%.