Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are schools complying with holdback rules set by KHSAA
FBfan4life Wrote:Wanna bet? Some district i know, if you're categorized as "special education" you can be enrolled till they are 21. Not every student/ athletes are graduating at 21 of course not, but i have seen several play fall sports athletes 18-19 and graduating in May as 19-20.

Yep I forgot about this and it’s a bunch of horse shit, if a kid is special needs and needs school fine but a 20 year old man has no place on a football field with 15-16 year olds....if you want to let them stay in school till 21 at least make them ineligible for sports...
I'd have a hard time believing that is common. I've never seen it.
They should be ineligible for sports, no matter what the reason.
HCS Wrote:I'd have a hard time believing that is common. I've never seen it.
it's not very common to other programs or school district, but I have seen it. Heck I have seen a program made a "pack" to hold back a group of student/ athletes, but i am not going there. Good luck to all during off season and for the up and coming 2020.
Holding back and playing when you are 20 are two entirely different issues, to me.
HCS Wrote:I'd have a hard time believing that is common. I've never seen it.

I've never seen it either.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I've never seen it either.

I’ve only seen it once, Central had a LB that was 20 when we played them in the championship and he was eligible to play because of this...
single shot Wrote:I’ve only seen it once, Central had a LB that was 20 when we played them in the championship and he was eligible to play because of this...

Holding a kid back one year and being allowed to play as long as he's not 19 by August 1st is one thing, this is totally different and unacceptable in my opinion. Nobody should be playing any kind of high school sport at 20 years old, period.
You have to draw the line somewhere with no exceptions. There is no reason anyone older than the age limit should ever play in a high school game.
Special ed or not, student athletes are not to participate if they turned 19 before Aug. 1 of their senior year, junior year, sophomore year, or any year.

If that has actually happened it is a direct violation of KHSAA rules. If it did happen at Scroggins let’s dig it up and hope it happened while that crybaby Scroggins was there.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Special ed or not, student athletes are not to participate if they turned 19 before Aug. 1 of their senior year, junior year, sophomore year, or any year.

If that has actually happened it is a direct violation of KHSAA rules. If it did happen at Scroggins let’s dig it up and hope it happened while that crybaby Scroggins was there.

It was the 18 championship game, Dantzler was coaching and I don’t blame him kid had a waiver... It’s been a few months since it all happened so I don’t remember all the details but it was somehow approved by the KHSAA when the kid was younger...I don’t have a problem with kids staying in school longer especially those with special needs but this just so happens to be the kid that laid the lick on one of our boys that tore his knee up pretty badly...and imo he should have never been eligible...
HCS Wrote:They should be ineligible for sports, no matter what the reason.

They are, special needs do not exceed the age limit of the KHSAA. Just doesn't happen.
I wasn't aware of that happening. I was just going on what the posters said.
Only students who are in FMD qualify to stay in school until they are 21 years old. That stands for Functional Mentally Disabled not just regular special ed kids. They are students with the most severe disabilities. The term is not used anymore but in the old days it was students who were classified as the “R” word. These students could play football but not after they are 19 years old and still have to be in accordance of the rules. All schools in Kentucky use infinite campus and it’s very easy to check age and grade retention through this so if people are doing it they could be caught very easily.
FBfan4life Wrote:You are all here saying "Report it to KHSAA" LMAO! KHSAA has turned their back on numerous violation in the past and is currently. Take example of Frederick Douglass University. How do they get away for 3 years and more to come... "out of district and out of county kids" are allowed to play ASAP. Not to mentioned able to reside at the dorms. Oopps sorry I meant the apartments adjacent to the school.

several schools across the state use housing to cheat.
pjdoug Wrote:several schools across the state use housing to cheat.

I’m taking up donations for the Redhound housing fund you wanna donate?
single shot Wrote:I’m taking up donations for the Redhound housing fund you wanna donate?
No. I need donations Smile