Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Courier-Journal All-State Team
Westside Wrote:i am waiting on the Bluegrass Rivals All State Team announcements. I guarantee the members on that committee are much more knowledge than the people who voted here.

So the BGR committee members “are much more knowledge[able]” than the 105 HS football head coaches who voted on this year’s C-J all-state team? Really?!?

Interesting perspective...
Gitback Coach Wrote:So the BGR committee members “are much more knowledge[able]” than the 105 HS football head coaches who voted on this year’s C-J all-state team? Really?!?

Some of them are! Absolutely. Have you seen some of the coaches in Kentucky? Obviously a GeD wasn’t a requirement
hound05 Wrote:some of them are! Absolutely. Have you seen some of the coaches in kentucky? Obviously a ged wasn’t a requirement

lmao
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree. Very questionable! This kid missed a handful of games and still rushed for over 1,000, not to mention he went for 228 yards and a couple TD's in the 3A state championship. The Courier Journal has not been to kind to Eastern Kentucky the past couple years.

Couple of other head scratchers to me is that Peyton Hensley was left off. He was Belfry's heartbeat this year and was named Co-District POY, now here on here. And Jackson Hensley of Pikeville only making Honorable Mention was a BIG surprise to me as well.

Several glaring omissions.....especially from the 606 area code. Very disappointing
I would love to see a ballot for All-State voting, out of curiosity.
Hound05 Wrote:Some of them are! Absolutely. Have you seen some of the coaches in Kentucky? Obviously a GeD wasn’t a requirement

Your on a roll today...Confusednicker: But your right Laurel Co is a prime example it’s rife with incompetence...
single shot Wrote:Your on a roll today...Confusednicker: But your right Laurel Co is a prime example it’s rife with incompetence...

Hound has been on a roll the last few days! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hound has been on a roll the last few days! 😂

He must be partaking in some pre-Christmas cheer...
single shot Wrote:He must be partaking in some pre-Christmas cheer...

He's gotten into something, that's a fact! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hound has been on a roll the last few days! 😂

That CHRISTmas bourbon.... 🤷*♂️
I’m still upset though that Dixon didn’t make it. Even with injury and the vast field of talent. He’s a premier back. Even with injury the kid still had 1000+ YARDS!! I mean what else needs to be said? I think coaches- at least some- just sent their bids in without much thought just to get it done. AND THAT IN NO WAY IS TAKING AWAY FROM THE KIDS ON IT. Each and everyone of them deserves it. And it pains me to say it because it’s almost lose/lose with how it has to be said, but I think there are others out there such as Dixon that should be on the list. I hate bell county about as much as ISIS, but London Stephany is a complete game changer. His stats and throwing aren’t up there where some on the list are. But the kid is one of the best athletes in eastern ky. Like I said the problem arises on which kid do you take off? And I personally can’t take any kid of that list, so it’s just one of those things I guess.
Hound05 Wrote:I’m still upset though that Dixon didn’t make it. Even with injury and the vast field of talent. He’s a premier back. Even with injury the kid still had 1000+ YARDS!! I mean what else needs to be said? I think coaches- at least some- just sent their bids in without much thought just to get it done. AND THAT IN NO WAY IS TAKING AWAY FROM THE KIDS ON IT. Each and everyone of them deserves it. And it pains me to say it because it’s almost lose/lose with how it has to be said, but I think there are others out there such as Dixon that should be on the list. I hate bell county about as much as ISIS, but London Stephany is a complete game changer. His stats and throwing aren’t up there where some on the list are. But the kid is one of the best athletes in eastern ky. Like I said the problem arises on which kid do you take off? And I personally can’t take any kid of that list, so it’s just one of those things I guess.

Stephany was my biggest surprise of all not being on the team, even a bigger surprise than Dixon being left off. This kid should have absolutely been on there somewhere. If not at QB then he should have made it at RB, athlete, punter, or something. You just can't leave a player like London off this kind of list and justify it, in my opinion. He lead Bell County to a 14-0 record. I am in no way downing the other kids on the Bobcat team but I believe he carried that team. Without him, no way is Bell County 14-0 going into the championship. To me that's how an all stater should be defined. What effect do you have on your team and its outcome? And everyone, all who knows football at least, knows what that kid meant to the Bobcats. Shame.
Gitback Coach Wrote:So the BGR committee members “are much more knowledge[able]” than the 105 HS football head coaches who voted on this year’s C-J all-state team? Really?!?

Not saying they are but they aren't just looking at the kids everyone talks about. It takes a team. On said teams are kids that aren't the d1s that play crucial roles EVERY game. Some offers from smaller schools. I've seen many play ball that are great players but smaller. Imo it's all about size. Have also watched a d1 player be lazy and let his team down all year but yet make the list. Not trying to argue with ya but there are names on that list because of the offers. Also think coaches will vote because it looks good for them.
BCHSrebs Wrote:Not saying they are but they aren't just looking at the kids everyone talks about. It takes a team. On said teams are kids that aren't the d1s that play crucial roles EVERY game. Some offers from smaller schools. I've seen many play ball that are great players but smaller. Imo it's all about size. Have also watched a d1 player be lazy and let his team down all year but yet make the list. Not trying to argue with ya but there are names on that list because of the offers. Also think coaches will vote because it looks good for them.

I agree with you 100% on this. Alot of these selections are made because of a players offer sheet or how tall he is. And it's not always the case that that player is better than the kid going to a D-2, D-3, or NAIA school. It's about what you did in high school, not what Power Five University your heading to in the fall. I've seen with my own eyes some of these not so "sexy" players absolutely light up some of these superstars. But that's just the way it is unfortunately.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Stephany was my biggest surprise of all not being on the team, even a bigger surprise than Dixon being left off. This kid should have absolutely been on there somewhere. If not at QB then he should have made it at RB, athlete, punter, or something. You just can't leave a player like London off this kind of list and justify it, in my opinion. He lead Bell County to a 14-0 record. I am in no way downing the other kids on the Bobcat team but I believe he carried that team. Without him, no way is Bell County 14-0 going into the championship. To me that's how an all stater should be defined. What effect do you have on your team and its outcome? And everyone, all who knows football at least, knows what that kid meant to the Bobcats. Shame.

I went back and looked and London Stephany did make it on the list at DB Honorable Mention. So I apologize to the CJ voters on this one, my mistake for not paying attention.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Stephany was my biggest surprise of all not being on the team, even a bigger surprise than Dixon being left off. This kid should have absolutely been on there somewhere. If not at QB then he should have made it at RB, athlete, punter, or something. You just can't leave a player like London off this kind of list and justify it, in my opinion. He lead Bell County to a 14-0 record. I am in no way downing the other kids on the Bobcat team but I believe he carried that team. Without him, no way is Bell County 14-0 going into the championship. To me that's how an all stater should be defined. What effect do you have on your team and its outcome? And everyone, all who knows football at least, knows what that kid meant to the Bobcats. Shame.
I think that’s the problem with some of these awards. Somewhat position less players AKA athletes are forgotten. But most of us know the ones on this list couldn’t probably care less. They are concerned with getting better and playing for their team. Not saying those on here don’t, but the types of kids I love watching don’t generally make these lists. But are just as valuable as the ones on it. I hope to see the talent in Kentucky remain on this level and even pass it. It’s been a fun year to watch, just not for my team😒
#55PirateFan Wrote:I went back and looked and London Stephany did make it on the list at DB Honorable Mention. So I apologize to the CJ voters on this one, my mistake for not paying attention.

I didn’t catch it either. Congrats to him. He’s a special player. Maybe in the future they just need to add an “athlete” spot on it.
Hound05 Wrote:I didn’t catch it either. Congrats to him. He’s a special player. Maybe in the future they just need to add an “athlete” spot on it.

Agree
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree with you 100% on this. Alot of these selections are made because of a players offer sheet or how tall he is. And it's not always the case that that player is better than the kid going to a D-2, D-3, or NAIA school. It's about what you did in high school, not what Power Five University your heading to in the fall. I've seen with my own eyes some of these not so "sexy" players absolutely light up some of these superstars. But that's just the way it is unfortunately.

It is 55 but those kids won't get that recognition. That is why there is bgr. It takes a team, TEAM. folks just wanna talk and vote for the ones with stats ans d1 offers. Hell man, we played you last year and your son was fun to watch as a player. Enjoyed watching him this year even though we were 4a. Kid is a beast and love the ones people don't say much about but play their ass off and do their job regardless of recognition. It takes each kid doing their job to win.
Imo it's all about the players that get those coaches the credit. They call they plays but the kids do it. D1 players and signees acounted for 4 turnovers in championship game.
BCHSrebs Wrote:It is 55 but those kids won't get that recognition. That is why there is bgr. It takes a team, TEAM. folks just wanna talk and vote for the ones with stats ans d1 offers. Hell man, we played you last year and your son was fun to watch as a player. Enjoyed watching him this year even though we were 4a. Kid is a beast and love the ones people don't say much about but play their ass off and do their job regardless of recognition. It takes each kid doing their job to win.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. And I agree with you 100%. To many individuals out there and not enough team players. I'm not calling out any kid by name or talking about any certain player or particular team but there's alot of them out there that care about one thing and that's padding their stats. And that's why you see alot of very good, very talented teams not win the big game. Some players are worried to much about individual play instead of team play. Sad really.
Dixon deserved to be at least mentioned. Y’all can call me a homer if you want, there’s not 8 wide receivers in this state better than Jackson Hensley. Kids top 5 in the State...PERIOD!
Jaden Stinson should be the W KY QB on the team. The schedule he played, with his numbers he put up for Mayfield were impressive. No idea how he's not on there?
I think if it could be done, a Coach for every team should have a list of his kids that should be mentioned for what ever reason. That list then can be viewed, reviewed by the who ever votes. Who ever doesn't get on the 1st, 2cd, 3rd State teams for whatever reason there opinion is put them on honorable mention because that's what it is, they get a little honor and being mentioned. There is just way too many lineman on both sides of the ball not mentioned. You can put up 20 running backs for example but only 35 or 36 lineman. Out of the 20 mentioned and leave out a guy like Dixon lol, then you sure are going to leave out a ton of lineman that needs to be mentioned, let alone QBS, Wide receivers, and other notable players. Just Food for Thought mainly. My two cents worth.
BCHSrebs Wrote:Imo it's all about the players that get those coaches the credit. They call they plays but the kids do it. D1 players and signees acounted for 4 turnovers in championship game.

Your right and all of the kids with turnovers were seniors including the one kid that let the punt hit him in the foot. Don’t leave out the kids that are not d1.
Are the games available on YouTube yet?
This state has always been rife with nepotism from state line to state line, the most successful programs have seemed to be able to steer themselves away from it by hiring competent coaches and letting them do their jobs...However it’s instances like these selections where things become obvious...We are all fans of different teams so there’s always gonna be disagreements on kids but Stephney only being honorable mention and Dixon completely being snubbed is politics at its finest and it’s one of the reasons some of our states best athletes go to waste... and that’s not even getting into the talent that gives up before ever reaching the high school level...
FoSho Wrote:Jaden Stinson should be the W KY QB on the team. The schedule he played, with his numbers he put up for Mayfield were impressive. No idea how he's not on there?

He did make honorable mention.
This kid is much more than an honorable mention DB. I am shocked there are not folks from Bell on here in shock as well. The kid without a doubt should have been on one of the first two teams somewhere for sure IMO
Frank Martin Wrote:He did make honorable mention.

The best four QBs in the state in alphabetic order:

Allen
Duby
Lanter
Stinson

....and the kid from McCracken may be 5th. The kid from Bell is a great football player but should be listed as more of an ATH than a QB IMO.