•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurlock To Breathitt County???
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:2A is going to be interesting next year that’s for sure. Especially if Spurlock transfers

Could Spurlock really make that big of a difference in Breathitt counties team?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Could Spurlock really make that big of a difference in Breathitt counties team?
He is a legit force on defense and will have more success running the ball with a better line than he had at Leslie
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:He is a legit force on defense and will have more success running the ball with a better line than he had at Leslie

He still wouldn’t be near the caliber RB Collins was IMO. Breathitt needs another Collins caliber back to be what they were last year but there aren’t many of those. However, Spurlock would definitely be a solid addition to a solid Breathitt roster.
BoyleCo Wrote:Ok so putting them over Mayfield may be a stretch. Same with LCA this year. I think you can argue within being 2 through 4 but I did say 2 to 3 so who knows. I feel like they matched up better against Mayfield than Somerset but LCA I don’t know. Either way, if they pile up transfers again like Spurlock they will have a shot. Somerset loses a ton. They have some back but they take a hit. Not sure what Mayfield loses or has coming back. I do know LCA will be better next year. They have one of the best young lines in the state. That means a ton in 2A.
Somerset will still be loaded. Out of 24 seniors, only around 10 actually played. Somerset only has 4 to replace on offense, and have young studs to do it. Defense will be solid. they return alll they're DL except one, return both outside linebackers, including 3 out of 4 secondary. MLB's they will have to replace, but were deep. all replacements got tons of play time, and starts. I know Somerset plays Beechwood in the regular season, but I feel these to could meet on the carpet.
So the only way Breathitt can compete is to move boys in? That's sad, but the top 5 will Danville, Somerset, LCA, Beechwood, and Mayfield. Murray could be real tough as well. District 4 will be crazy again.
WestCarterComet Wrote:He still wouldn’t be near the caliber RB Collins was IMO. Breathitt needs another Collins caliber back to be what they were last year but there aren’t many of those. However, Spurlock would definitely be a solid addition to a solid Breathitt roster.
I agree, Collins is more of a scat back while Spurlock is a power back who likes to lower his shoulder
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:I agree, Collins is more of a scat back while Spurlock is a power back who likes to lower his shoulder

I would think if he does transfer to Breathitt he would lead the team in rush attempts along with O’Hara.
Spurlock only doesn’t put Breathitt in the top 5. However, they there are a couple great rbs shopping in that area and a few linemen so..... like I said, they bring in Spurlock, a rb, and another impact lineman, wr, or linebacker and they are there.
Running back from Knox and another linebacker so I here
Ok somerset fans, I’ve heard a lot about Collins at BC, I didn’t get an opportunity to see him, a few in here say he was the best back in 2A. Was he better than mayfield’s galbreath? Galbreath had 25 carries for 160 yards and only lost 1 yard for a total of 159 yards against the briar jumpers.
rookie57 Wrote:Ok somerset fans, I’ve heard a lot about Collins at BC, I didn’t get an opportunity to see him, a few in here say he was the best back in 2A. Was he better than mayfield’s galbreath? Galbreath had 25 carries for 160 yards and only lost 1 yard for a total of 159 yards against the briar jumpers.

Collins had 19 for 169 against Somerset in semifinals.
eagles31 Wrote:Running back from Knox and another linebacker so I here

Another linebacker other than spurlock?
BoyleCo Wrote:Spurlock only doesn’t put Breathitt in the top 5. However, they there are a couple great rbs shopping in that area and a few linemen so..... like I said, they bring in Spurlock, a rb, and another impact lineman, wr, or linebacker and they are there.

Who?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Collins had 19 for 169 against Somerset in semifinals.

That’s impressive
rookie57 Wrote:That’s impressive

I didn’t even include his 3 rushing TD’s either.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I didn’t even include his 3 rushing TD’s either.

Im not implying galbreath was better, just wondered how they compared, if Collins got 169 on 19 carries against their defense he obviously was the real deal. Galbreath is small but tuff as nails, and just a junior.
rookie57 Wrote:Im not implying galbreath was better, just wondered how they compared, if Collins got 169 on 19 carries against their defense he obviously was the real deal. Galbreath is small but tuff as nails, and just a junior.

Both performances are very impressive
rookie57 Wrote:Ok somerset fans, I’ve heard a lot about Collins at BC, I didn’t get an opportunity to see him, a few in here say he was the best back in 2A. Was he better than mayfield’s galbreath? Galbreath has 25 carries for 160 yards and only lost 1 yard for a total of 159 yards.

I don't think it's enough of discrepancy that it would really matter, but if I had to pick a top RB in 2A it would be Collins.

IMO, having seen all of the top backs. If you're arguing who is best, Brown, Collins, Galbreath, and Miller are all worthy of the discussion.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I will agree with you on Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset. However, with all Breathitt lost from last years team I just don’t see them being near the same level as those 4 teams.

Don't sleep on Danville. With what they have returning I'd rank them ahead of Breathitt.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Don't sleep on Danville. With what they have returning I'd rank them ahead of Breathitt.

Danville won’t make it out of their district
RoShamBo Wrote:I don't think it's enough of discrepancy that it would really matter, but if I had to pick a top RB in 2A it would be Collins.

IMO, having seen all of the top backs. If you're arguing who is best, Brown, Collins, Galbreath, and Miller are all worthy of the discussion.

Personally I’d take Collins over the other 3
WestCarterComet Wrote:Collins had 19 for 169 against Somerset in semifinals.

Collins was very good. After that first amazing 83 yard run the Jumpers were able to hold him largely in check. He only garnered 86 yards on his next 18 carries. That being said he got a lot of those yards on his own as Somerset controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and Breathitt didn't throw it very well once they were down to one quarterback.

Galbreath was good as well. He had nice speed and had great vision. He followed his blocks extremely well and was fast enough to get to the corner against Somerset. Outside of that one big run Collins wasn't quite fast enough to do that.

All in all, while I felt like Galbreath was faster and a little more elusive, I'd give the edge to Collins as the more complete back. He was much more powerful and hard to bring down on initial contact.

That being said I'd take Alex Miller over either of them before his injury.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Danville won’t make it out of their district

Doesn't have anything to do with how they compare to Breathitt. Did you see Danville play this season? They've got some excellent young talent. They'll absolutely be a factor in the district race.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Personally I’d take Collins over the other 3

Did you see Brown or Miller play in person?
Walt Longmire Wrote:Doesn't have anything to do with how they compare to Breathitt. Did you see Danville play this season? They've got some excellent young talent. They'll absolutely be a factor in the district race.

No but at the end of the day they were 3-7 last season and they play in the toughest district in the class. They could be better than Breathitt next year but it won’t matter because their season will likely end after round 1 of the playoffs.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Did you see Brown or Miller play in person?

No but Collins was dominate without many other scoring threats on his team and playing behind a line that was not as good as Somerset or LCA’s
Cat Daddy Wrote:That’s the rumor. I did hear he wanted to compete for a state championship. It may be true, it may not. Who knows.

How can he be eligible if part of the reason is football? Zion harmon for Marshall County had a change in adress, but was not allowed to play for a year, because they deemed part of the reason for his transfer was sports related. I'd bet any amount of money if this kid transfered he would be eligible emidiately. It doesn't pay to be a team out west where the khsaa makes programs play by strict rules but the rest of the state can get away with everything.
Why hasn't this thread been closed? As our great President says, this is all "Fake News"... What is worse, it was started by someone in Leslie Co... Spurlock isn't going anywhere...
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Kaiya sheron is a little overrated Dee Smith 1000% deserves that 2A player of the year not rlly even close imo but everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess

This has to be one of the most classless things I’ve ever seen posted on this board along with being utterly silly they don’t pass out D1 scholy offers at Halloween...
I Rule The World Wrote:Why hasn't this thread been closed? As our great President says, this is all "Fake News"... What is worse, it was started by someone in Leslie Co... Spurlock isn't going anywhere...

:truestory:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next